JJV125 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JJV125 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Gaining strength and increasing it at lower bodyweight

Any of you guys had success cutting from where you were your strongest and then gaining that strength back at a lower bodyweight and then some? I'm cutting just because I feel it's healthier at this time and I'm staying within striking distance of my best lifts but I know ultimately they will go down some as I continue to cut. Also just trying to focus on one goal at a time.. Just wanted to know if anyone had success because that's my goal eventually.

JJV125 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JJV125 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm also 35 years old. Not sure why it says 51.

croydon86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) croydon86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) croydon86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) croydon86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) croydon86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) croydon86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) croydon86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) croydon86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) croydon86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) croydon86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) croydon86 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by JJV125 View Post
    ...but I know ultimately they will go down some as I continue to cut.
    This.

You will only be able to maintain/increase strength for a certain period before you eventually plateau at your lower body weight. To increase strength you will need to increase your body weight.

Also be careful about trying to set new PR's while cutting. When your calories are low you are more at risk of injury when going really heavy. Many of the greats got their injuries when going really heavy on a cut (e.g. Ronnie coleman, Dorien yates, etc)