LeeMills77 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Female training question?

Hi all,

I need some help or advice regarding my partner regarding physical training. A brief description of her and her condition:

52 year old
    Female
    Rode horses when younger and fell off numerous times
    Fibromyalgia
    Double-jointed / Hypermobile
    Always has physical pain and migraines
    Never exercises (and thus very weak)
    Hardly drinks water
    Very sensitive to certain foods and drinks
    Irlens Syndrome

Currently, her biggest concern is physical pain. Her body aches and often leads to migraines. I’m trying to get her to drink much more water (around 2 litres a day) and to do some kind of physical exercise. She’s unlikely to go to the gym but she will do some exercise at home. I would like her to do some light weight lifting and increase this over time, but as she is hypermobile, she is reluctant to do this because of the pain. I keep explaining this will make the pain go away over time – she just needs to keep at it.

Do you guys / girls agree she needs to exercise to become supple and make the pain go away? What sort of schedule would you recommend, if I’m correct? Also, are you aware of any supplements or medications / herbs that would help her with the pain?

Any advice is greatly appreciated. As she is 52, she often worries she’ll be in a wheelchair later in life is her pain isn’t addressed. I worry about this too.

Thanks for reading,

Lee.

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    A few questions. Is she cleared by a physician to exercise?

Supplements for pain, no. Medications? That would be up to a physician.

I would actually just start with the basics, like walking for one, or maybe some time in a pool. Start small, just 10 minutes maybe, and try to build from there. I wouldn't add any weights until she can at least get basic human movement down without any pain.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.