Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Straighten me out here guys....thinking of going Vegan

I got sucked into watching this documentary tonight about plant based diets and how good the anti-inflamatory results can be, how good people feel on them etc...
    My blood numbers already come back great year after year at my physicals; I can weigh whatever weight I want with my current diet knowledge; natty test is still good. But, at 52, I have my share of aches from years of pounding my body in the gym. Idk, just thought I'd try something different I guess but I'm concerned about a few things:

---Keeping protein high enough to build/maintain muscle
    ---Being able to puree a vegan diet for ease of taking my food with me every day (I travel a lot)
    ---Will gainz suffer

Idk, I've looked over lists of plant based food and it just seems all so foreign to me as 90% of my diet now consists of chicken, oats, avacado.

Talk me out of this crazy notion guys
    Last edited by smokinal; 12-12-2021 at 03:56 AM.
    2017 OCB Men's Physique Open 4th place
    17 MP Novice 4th
    18 MP Novice 5th
    18 MP 40+ 3rd
    18 MP Open 5'10" & under 1st
    18 MP 40+ 1st & Overall..Pro Card Won
    19 Classic Phys Open 3rd
    19 CP 40+ 3rd
    19 BB open 3rd
    19 BB 40+ 1st..2nd Pro Card
    19 BB 40+1st..50+1st...3rd Pro Card
    21 BB 40+1st..50+1st..Open 5th..4th Card

DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Do whatever you want.

Pounding yourself in the gym ain't going to feel better if you're vegan ot not.

Anyways, there is a gray area in which you incorporate some vegan stuff and some non-vegan stuff and that's okay, too.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If enjoyment & societal integration were factors, I'd talk to you out of it... but IIRC you stick all of your food into a blender anyway, so I think you'll be able to create an equally nutritious and disgusting meal plan out of plant-based foods as well. Depending on your food choices, you might want to add plant-based protein powders & multivitamins as well, just to help ensure proper gains.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Why talk you out of it?

I was vegan for 3 years and only stopped really due to concerns about my underlying eating disorder popping up again as a result.

I actually plan once I am far enough out from my recovery to do it again if possible… we’ll see.

Nothing wrong with vegan eating as long as it’s not being propped up by misguided logic etc…

However, it is by far the most ethical option to reduce animal suffering and environmental impact.

That being said, will it make your health better? Hard to say, depends on your existing nutrition and what specific things you’re trying to improve.

Aches and pains happen to us all… getting older sucks
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by smokinal View Post
    Al, what have you been smokin?

paulinkansas
    Furnished rental houses in Coffeyvile Kansas for traveling worker. All bils paid. Ful kitchens. Washer and dryer. Weekly rates. Crud oil refinery, fertilizer plant, renewable fuel and soybean plant contractors. Welders, fiters, boilermakers, electricians and inspectors.

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You can probably count the complete protein sources on one hand.

Like forget fish. Vegetarians are living on a cloud with eggs and cheese.

SerialGrapist is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile

I got sucked into watching this documentary tonight about plant based diets and how good the anti-inflamatory results can be, how good people feel on them etc...
    My blood numbers already come back great year after year at my physicals; I can weigh whatever weight I want with my current diet knowledge; natty test is still good. But, at 52, I have my share of aches from years of pounding my body in the gym. Idk, just thought I'd try something different I guess but I'm concerned about a few things:

---Being able to puree a vegan diet for ease of taking my food with me every day (I travel a lot)
    ---Will gainz suffer

Idk, I've looked over lists of plant based food and it just seems all so foreign to me as 90% of my diet now consists of chicked, oats, avacado.

If you're gonna go vegan stay vegan. There's this famous YouTuber called nickocado advocado who was a vegan than he started to get fat for YouTube likes/views, leading to a downward spiral.

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by DougyF7 View Post

Anyways, there is a gray area in which you incorporate some vegan stuff and some non-vegan stuff and that's okay, too.
    Get out of here with your middle ground approach! This is the bodybuilding forums. We only deal in extremes here like a true sith.
    2 time survivor of The Great Misc Outages of 2022

Survivor of PHP/API Outage of Feb 2023

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I live in a farming community. The general saying is "If it isn't broken, don't fix it". Apply that logic to your situation.
    Furnished rental houses in Coffeyvile Kansas for traveling worker. All bils paid. Ful kitchens. Washer and dryer. Weekly rates. Crud oil refinery, fertilizer plant, renewable fuel and soybean plant contractors. Welders, fiters, boilermakers, electricians and inspectors.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    I don't know if this is true or not but I have heard that in France, raising your child vegan is considered child abuse ...

I would not be trying to dissuade you if the reasons were ethical or environmental. However, on the basis of watching a documentary ... definitely be cautious, I've heard too many criticisms of such documentaries and their strong bias and misrepresentations that the average person would not spot. My view is always to take a broad consensus of genuine experts ... if they disagree then my null hypothesis would have to be that there is no special benefit until proven otherwise.

Having said that, a good range of unprocessed foods including lots of plants sounds great to me, adding animal products into that mix is not likely to make it worse IMO.
    Last edited by SuffolkPunch; 12-12-2021 at 12:15 AM.

smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Thank you for the replies so far. I'm on spread with a few of you; I'll get ya.

Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    I live in a farming community. The general saying is "If it isn't broken, don't fix it". Apply that logic to your situation.
    I subscribe to that thought too and it's one that weighs heavy with my on this topic. Not to sound like a tool but I'll recognize that I'm in pretty good condition for my age and my physicals always come out very good. One year my Dr asked me for eating tips...lol

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    I would not be trying to dissuade you if the reasons were ethical or environmental. However, on the basis of watching a documentary ... definitely be cautious, I've heard too many criticisms of such documentaries and their strong bias and misrepresentations that the average person would not spot. My view is always to take a broad consensus of genuine experts ... if they disagree then my null hypothesis would have to be that there is no special benefit until proven otherwise.

Having said that, a good range of unprocessed foods including lots of plants sounds great to me, adding animal products into that mix is not likely to make it worse IMO.
    I noticed that too. The examples they give are taking people who were in poor health before, setting them on a plant based diet, and then showing the "after" results. Well, if you would have lost that weight and started exercising while on any other diet, the results, most likely, would have been the same.

The thought of going plant based definitely has nothing to do with ethics, animals, planet etc...I'll eat a good steak with anyone.
    My reasons would be solely for the possibility of more energy and any anti-inflamatory benefits it may give; basically "feeling better".
    Idk, as I look at my diet now, besides the chicken, I'm 80% there already
    2017 OCB Men's Physique Open 4th place
    17 MP Novice 4th
    18 MP Novice 5th
    18 MP 40+ 3rd
    18 MP Open 5'10" & under 1st
    18 MP 40+ 1st & Overall..Pro Card Won
    19 Classic Phys Open 3rd
    19 CP 40+ 3rd
    19 BB open 3rd
    19 BB 40+ 1st..2nd Pro Card
    19 BB 40+1st..50+1st...3rd Pro Card
    21 BB 40+1st..50+1st..Open 5th..4th Card

ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Seems like more trouble than it's worth if what you've been doing has been working.

The documentary was propaganda, whether overt or indirect. They presented the best case scenarios, I guess? Likely it was a skewed picture.

I was vegetarian for over 14 years, vegan for a couple of months during that time. At the end I weighed 135 at 5'7" with people asking me if I was sick. Admittedly I paid almost no attention to nutrition, and had a very inactive lifestyle, but I'll never go back to that now unless I have to.

Regular exercise in some form outweighs diet-lifestyle. Put your thought and energy into exercise. Do a vegan lifting routine or something.
    Once upon a time (maxes 2020) ...
    Squat 185, Bench 137, DL 205, @ bw 88.5 age 43

Workout Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175647011&p=1630928323&viewfull=1#post1630928323

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The effect of the forced regimen probably has a pronounced effect on a significant amount of people. Might not make any difference to people that program their diets regularly. Then again, it's an inefficient protein intake in the first place that takes a lot of discipline to get used to for any athlete.

I have limited experience with vegan lifestyle. I understand the satisfaction with Beyond meat and it also has no appeal to me concurrently.

My personal working guess is that if you thoroughly enjoy nuts then it should not be a problem at all.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ECGordyn View Post

I was vegetarian for over 14 years, vegan for a couple of months during that time. At the end I weighed 135 at 5'7" with people asking me if I was sick. Admittedly I paid almost no attention to nutrition, and had a very inactive lifestyle, but I'll never go back to that now unless I have to. Do a vegan lifting routine or something.
    Undereating on any style of diet will make you look sick... not just a vegan or vegetarian one

What's a 'vegan lifting routine'?
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    What's a 'vegan lifting routine'?
    I meant it as a joke, but since you asked, you've got 2 options:

1: A gimmicky routine that'll change your life!
    2: Lift a vegan, basically dog lifts but using a vegan
    Once upon a time (maxes 2020) ...
    Squat 185, Bench 137, DL 205, @ bw 88.5 age 43

Workout Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175647011&p=1630928323&viewfull=1#post1630928323

Originally Posted by ECGordyn View Post
    I meant it as a joke, but since you asked, you've got 2 options:

1: A gimmicky routine that'll change your life!
    2: Lift a vegan, basically dog lifts but using a vegan
    So iow, Crossift

ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ManwittaPlan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

---Will gainz suffer

Idk, I've looked over lists of plant based food and it just seems all so foreign to me as 90% of my diet now consists of chicken, oats, avacado.

Al I’d never steer you wrong so I’ll mention this.

I don’t know ONE vegan that’s not messed up. I don’t know if it’s a deficiency due to aminos being out of balance, not enjoying food, not being able to use the intended use of their fangs like Mother Nature intended through evolution, etc. Every one I have ever met has some type of ailment, physiological or psychological. Interesting that each one I met woukd volunteer that information to me to which I think “makes sense” right after.

I’m not a scientist or nutritionist but like Paul mentions, if it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

Look into systematic enzymes to help with the joints/inflammation. Worked for me and at some point I’ll visit bioxcellerator in Colombia for their full stem cell package.

MarziPet is not very well liked. (-100) MarziPet is not very well liked. (-100) MarziPet is not very well liked. (-100) MarziPet is not very well liked. (-100) MarziPet is not very well liked. (-100) MarziPet is not very well liked. (-100) MarziPet is not very well liked. (-100) MarziPet is not very well liked. (-100) MarziPet is not very well liked. (-100) MarziPet is not very well liked. (-100) MarziPet is not very well liked. (-100)
    umm vegan food is perfect n all but it lacks iron so you would have to take that from some specific vegan food or just take supplements for that.. otherwise its a good plan

MarziPet is not very well liked. (-100) MarziPet is not very well liked. (-100) MarziPet is not very well liked. (-100) MarziPet is not very well liked. (-100) MarziPet is not very well liked. (-100) MarziPet is not very well liked. (-100) MarziPet is not very well liked. (-100) MarziPet is not very well liked. (-100) MarziPet is not very well liked. (-100) MarziPet is not very well liked. (-100) MarziPet is not very well liked. (-100)
    well it also depends on personal preference as well

enjoyment also matters, atleast that's what i think. so if you won't enjoy vegan food than you will stop eating it and will come back to meat and it might become difficult for you to control calories if you keep changing diet type

Originally Posted by MarziPet View Post
    umm vegan food is perfect n all but it lacks iron so you would have to take that from some specific vegan food or just take supplements for that.. otherwise its a good plan
    No it doesnt..

There is a lot of iron in plenty of plant foods... spinach, lentils, beans, oatmeal... nuts... tofu... all contain iron.

MarkZB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarkZB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarkZB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarkZB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarkZB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarkZB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarkZB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarkZB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarkZB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarkZB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MarkZB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There are so much tasty vegan food out there! I’m not vegan but I love to try out new vegan dishes and baked goods. I’m getting more into baking lately, especially if it’s something a little different from the usual.

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by MarziPet View Post
    umm vegan food is perfect n all but it lacks iron so you would have to take that from some specific vegan food
    So, vegan food lacks iron so you would have to get your iron from vegan food? Wow, that is some serious logic right there.
    2 time survivor of The Great Misc Outages of 2022

Survivor of PHP/API Outage of Feb 2023

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Don’t do it.

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants"
    -Sir Isaac Newton

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Personally, I have respect for the motive concerned with environmental impact and on the basis of ethical qualms against the suffering inflicted by the meat industry, but I also have no inherent qualms accepting that humans are on a higher order than animals, and consuming them isn't inherently cruel or wrong. Still, the scale of modern civilization is different than in previous eras and it's not a matter of survival now as it was in many cultures and economies.

From a health standpoint, many self-described vegans I've encountered seem to be a little unhealthy somehow or another. I'd be leery of taking a documentary at face value, especially if the potential health benefit is your primary motive. However you most likely know way more about training, fitness and health than me as competitive bodybuilder, so take my thoughts for what they're worth.
    Bench: 340
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

Originally Posted by MarkZB View Post
    There are so much tasty vegan food out there! I’m not vegan but I love to try out new vegan dishes and baked goods. I’m getting more into baking lately, especially if it’s something a little different from the usual.
    Are you bumping older threads just to rack of posts? Please be patient and just comment on newer items...

croydon86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) croydon86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) croydon86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) croydon86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) croydon86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) croydon86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) croydon86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) croydon86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) croydon86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) croydon86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) croydon86 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    No it doesnt..

There is a lot of iron in plenty of plant foods... spinach, lentils, beans, oatmeal... nuts... tofu... all contain iron.
    Yes but it's not as easily absorbed as the iron found in meat. Google 'heme vs non-heme iron' for more info.

Not end of the world of course however I'm personally not a fan of voluntarily reducing my nutrient options.

No it doesnt..

I don't really like any of those.
    There's no rule that says the dog can't play.

Formerly grouchyjarhead GrouchyUSMC's Avatar
    GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

---Will gainz suffer

Look at the sponsors and directors/contributors of any diet documentary, and nine times out of 10 you will see they have skin in the game. Most cherry-pick their evidence as well.

croydon86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) croydon86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) croydon86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) croydon86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) croydon86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) croydon86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) croydon86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) croydon86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) croydon86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) croydon86 will become famous soon enough. (+50) croydon86 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by GrouchyUSMC View Post
    Look at the sponsors and directors/contributors of any diet documentary, and nine times out of 10 you will see they have skin in the game. Most cherry-pick their evidence as well.
    Exactly.

Best one I've heard from one of these Netflix vegan documentaries was claiming one egg is the equivalent to smoking 5 cigarettes.

I don't know what's worse... the fact they made this claim or the fact people believe it!