Azulado85 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

What do you think about my routine?

I started lifting around a year ago, sometimes lifting regularly for a month and stopping for a week or two. But i've started to be more consistent recently and defined my routine.
    I'm currently not focused or interested in bodybuilding/competition per se, but I'm playing volleyball so i would like to get bigger/stronger.

Currently i train 4/5 days a week and have a core and lower body routine and an upper body one:

(Everything in both routines is 3x10 except for some in lower body/core routine)

Upper body:

Bench Press
    Barbell Bicep curl
    Standing Dumbell French Press
    Dumbbell Rows
    Dumbbell Pullovers
    Front Dumbbell Raises
    Lying Chest Flyes.

Lower Body/Core:
    Squats
    Bulgarian Split Squats
    Deadlift
    Calf Raises (3x100)
    Regular Plank and Lateral plank each side (60 seconds for 3 sides)
    Leg Raises (3x25)
    Last edited by Azulado85; 12-11-2021 at 11:15 AM.

SepzorR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SepzorR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SepzorR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SepzorR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SepzorR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SepzorR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SepzorR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SepzorR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SepzorR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SepzorR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SepzorR has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would subsitute the standing db french press with dips or inclince bench (db or bb). Seems like your chest volume is a bit low. Chest flyes are good but wont give stimulus like the incline press/dips.

Originally Posted by SepzorR View Post
    I would subsitute the standing db french press with dips or inclince bench (db or bb). Seems like your chest volume is a bit low. Chest flyes are good but wont give stimulus like the incline press/dips.
    Yeah i've been neglecting dips for a while now lol, i think it's time to start implementing em

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    why not just run a proven program instead of trying to make your own? if you're training 4x per week, you shouldn't do the same movements for both of your upper/lower sessions imo

you're also doing a bicep isolation exercise before your main back work... always do compound movements before isolations. i think one exception to this rule is doing something like bench press, flies, then rows. this is because flies don't tire out the main muscle groups used in rows (back and biceps) unlike bicep curls. you're literally isolating your biceps before using them for rows which is not good

and no, i'm not trying to diss you and sorry if it sounds harsh

Originally Posted by faithbrah View Post
    why not just run a proven program instead of trying to make your own? if you're training 4x per week, you shouldn't do the same movements for both of your upper/lower sessions imo

you're also doing a bicep isolation exercise before your main back work... always do compound movements before isolations. i think one exception to this rule is doing something like bench press, flies, then rows. this is because flies don't tire out the main muscle groups used in rows (back and biceps) unlike bicep curls. you're literally isolating your biceps before using them for rows which is not good

and no, i'm not trying to diss you and sorry if it sounds harsh
    Nah it doesn't sound harsh at all I actually appreciate your advice a lot =)
    Thing is, i don't know anything about proven programs or any kind of programs at all for that matter lol. Just tried to get every muscle included and start working out as soon as possible.
    I'm definitely going to follow your advice on compound and isolation movements but i'm not really informed about programs or how to choose one atm.

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Azulado85 View Post
    Nah it doesn't sound harsh at all I actually appreciate your advice a lot =)
    Thing is, i don't know anything about proven programs or any kind of programs at all for that matter lol. Just tried to get every muscle included and start working out as soon as possible.
    I'm definitely going to follow your advice on compound and isolation movements but i'm not really informed about programs or how to choose one atm.
    there are good ones like fierce 5 novice, greyskull lp, stronglifts etc.

and the next time you post, try to post it in the active subforums (workout programs, exercises, nutrition, losing fat) because "teen bodybuilding >>> teen workout logs" and many other subforums are very inactive. a lot of people didn't see this thread because they're mostly active on the subs i mentioned