seastone95 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Exclamation Skinny fat trying to recomp program

Trying to do a recomp with a ULXULXX program and been running it for 2 months but just wondering if its good enough of I should swap some things out.

Workout A, Upper:
    Bench Press: 3x 6-8
    Yates Row: 3x 6-8
    Shoulder Press: 3x 8-12
    Pulldowns wide grip 2x 8-12
    Pulldowns close grip palms facing me 2x 8-12
    Lateral Raises 3x8-15 (with lower weight. Do as many as I can then a lower weight as many as I can straight away.. what is that called?)
    21s bicep curl
    Hammer curl 3x6-8
    Face pulls 3x10-12

Workout B, Lower:
    Deadlift 3x 5-8
    Goblet Squat 3x10-12
    Calf raises 3xX
    Leg Raises
    Leg Push Machine 3x8-12
    Face Pulls Light 3x

And then repeat. I was thinking of throwing 21s out the window and do heavy barbell curls against a wall instead. Is it good enough for a 'dyel' skinny fat beginner? Thanks

air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Looks like a lot of Upper and repetitive 2x/week, but after 2 months you'd be the best judge of whether it's "good enough" for whatever your goals are.

If you're doing 21s, do them as a finisher.

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    Looks like a lot of Upper and repetitive 2x/week, but after 2 months you'd be the best judge of whether it's "good enough" for whatever your goals are.

If you're doing 21s, do them as a finisher.
    I dont know if my progress is good enough as to me I look the same. In 7 weeks I added 10kg to my bench (From 50kg to 60kg x8) 5kg on my shoulder press, (from 25kg to 30kg x 12) and 30kg on my deadlift. I dont know if this is absolute dog**** or not.

air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by seastone95 View Post
    I dont know if my progress is good enough as to me I look the same. In 7 weeks I added 10kg to my bench (From 50kg to 60kg x8) 5kg on my shoulder press, (from 25kg to 30kg x 12) and 30kg on my deadlift. I dont know if this is absolute dog**** or not.
    You're better off doing a proper novice program or at least an UL that's not designed by you, but if doing your own program motivates you to work out - it's better than doing nothing. "Good enough" is subjective and depends on your personal standards.

How you do on a recomp will depend as much on your nutrition plan as the program itself.

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    You're better off doing a proper novice program or at least an UL that's not designed by you, but if doing your own program motivates you to work out - it's better than doing nothing. "Good enough" is subjective and depends on your personal standards.

How you do on a recomp will depend as much on your nutrition plan as the program itself.
    I have eaten very very strict. Idk if I should change my workout plan or just stick with it.. My friend said I should try Fullbody x3 a week instead. I spend more time in the gym on my current time then that would take anyway hmm..

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Is your gym performance improving? Are you increasing the weight and/or doing more reps with the same weight? If not then programming volume and/or exertion levels might be an issue. I'm not a fan of fixed rep numbers because it can mean under exerting - just going through the motions.

Recomping is touchy... some people just seem to need a surplus to make a difference. Although we can also be fooled by gaining fat on the limbs making measurements increase - that's why some people falsely believe bulking is better IMO. But weight changes are hard to measure in the short term and if you are losing weight longer term, that will be a definite headwind to muscle gain.

Expectations play into all of this. 2 months is not long, you could be losing some fat and gaining some muscle. You could be spinning your wheels going nowhere. It's going to be hard to tell either way. That's why I asked about performance improvement.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Is your gym performance improving? Are you increasing the weight and/or doing more reps with the same weight? If not then programming volume and/or exertion levels might be an issue. I'm not a fan of fixed rep numbers because it can mean under exerting - just going through the motions.

Recomping is touchy... some people just seem to need a surplus to make a difference. Although we can also be fooled by gaining fat on the limbs making measurements increase - that's why some people falsely believe bulking is better IMO. But weight changes are hard to measure in the short term and if you are losing weight longer term, that will be a definite headwind to muscle gain.

Expectations play into all of this. 2 months is not long, you could be losing some fat and gaining some muscle. You could be spinning your wheels going nowhere. It's going to be hard to tell either way. That's why I asked about performance improvement.
    I am getting stronger thats for sure. If the speed I'm getting stronger is normal for recomp I do not know though. I changed my routine and asked reddit if it was ok but got completely destroyed.. so here I go asking if my changes to my routine makes sense to you guys or if it actually is dog****, as the guys on reddit think.

Upper:
    Bench Press 3 x 6-8
    Yates Row 3 x 6-8
    Shoulder Press 3 x 8-12
    Pulldowns close grip palm facing me 2 x 8-12
    Pulldowns wide grip palms facing out 2 x 8-12
    Lateral Raises 3 x 12-15 superset with Face Pulls 3 x 8-12
    Barbell curl 3 x 8-12 superset with French press 3 x 8-12
    Hammer Curls 3 x 8-12 superset with Tricep Kickback 3 x 8-12

Lower:
    Deadlift 3 x 6-8
    Front Squat 3 x 6-8 (no squat rack though)
    Leg push machine 3 x 8-12
    Leg Raises 3 x X superset with Neck x MAX
    Face Pulls lightweight 15-20 superset with bodyweight Calf Raises

Thinking of adding incline bench aswell but dont know where to put it.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Nobody can tell you if your rate of improvement is "right" - because everyone is different. As long as you are genuinely pushing yourself to make consistent progress, that's what matters. The rest comes down to time, patience, objective measurements over a long period, eating enough to enable muscle growth, properly understanding your body composition etc.

Even your routine is not that important compared to simply applying enough training volume (hard sets per week) to every bodypart. I didn't go through it with a fine toothed comb but I can't see anything glaringly wrong.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Nobody can tell you if your rate of improvement is "right" - because everyone is different. As long as you are genuinely pushing yourself to make consistent progress, that's what matters. The rest comes down to time, patience, objective measurements over a long period, eating enough to enable muscle growth, properly understanding your body composition etc.

Even your routine is not that important compared to simply applying enough training volume (hard sets per week) to every bodypart. I didn't go through it with a fine toothed comb but I can't see anything glaringly wrong.
    Alright thanks. Yea I've been looking at so many videos about programming and exercises over the last 2 months and got so confused when the reddit people completely destroyed it lol.