Borek303 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

What workout frequency for beginners?

Hello everyone. Basically I was always interested in bodybuilding.
    I'm a teen and I want to improve even more the look of my body. A bit of background: I have always been very fit, I'm working out but not really regularly and I wanted to do it more often. So for those that been through this change of mindset is it ok if I workout 3 or 4 days in a week? Or is it too much or too little?

Many thanks for reading and for the feedback.

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    3x a week full body or 4x a week upper/lower, preferably the latter if bodybuilding is your focus

But since you’re a beginner, might I suggest GZCLP?

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants"
    -Sir Isaac Newton

Darkius is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkius is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkius is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkius is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkius is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkius is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkius is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkius is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkius is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkius is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkius is a name known to all. (+5000)
    What matters is how many sets you do per muscle group per week, and how close to failure on each set. 10 sets of bench press per week is good if you stop a rep or 2 before failure.

To avoid soreness, I recommend 6 sets the first week and 10 the next, not 10 the first week.

Also to avoid soreness, I recommend spreading the 10 out, hitting each muscle group 3x per week. But many people perfer 2x or 1.5x per week, or even 1x per week. Most find 2x acceptable, whereas the 3x and 1.5-1x groups tend to strongly disagree with each other.
    Novice lifter who sticks to the basics 3x per week but likes to theorize about improvements while recovering.

Darkius is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkius is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkius is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkius is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkius is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkius is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkius is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkius is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkius is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkius is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkius is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Strength builders tend to use higher weight and lower reps. Also fewer exercises and just compound movenents.

Body builders do a wide range of isolation exercises that hit muscles from different angles, and tend to use lighter weights in higher rep ranges, as long as the weight is heavy enough to bring them to failure.

Lighter weights build muscle strength but not as fast. They are easier for your tendons and joints to keep up with. Heavy weights tend to lead to more injuries, and don't build muscle size as fast. They lead to greater 1 rep strength to weight ratios, so you can jump higher. Low rep high weight workouts make you more ninja, and much stronger for your size in a fight vs a body builder. The body builder can get more work done all day.
    Novice lifter who sticks to the basics 3x per week but likes to theorize about improvements while recovering.