Thread: newbie gain?

northernct is on a distinguished road. (+10)

newbie gain?

First,
    my apologies in advance. You're all well ahead of me, and probably sick of the newbie questions. But I'm at a loss in searching and believing what I read online so Im just asking.

Im 49. I was 240 2 years ago, and lost 70 lbs after lifestyle change, no exercise really...just diet and less beer.
    Have followed a beginner routine for about 2 months. I haven't gained, or lost a pound overall. My waist has gone down 2 sizes in in 2 months, so something must be going on. I can see a visible change but im worried Im not eating enough and not getting the results i could be. Dont' get me wrong, Im psyched with my progress and motivated to continue.

I know Im what they'd call a hard gainer - or was. I was 165 forever.
    I do protein and creatine daily, but no gainer calories.
    i feel like I need to add calories, but Im afraid of packing on fat...

My routine is 3 days on and running days between. From what I read, seems like I need about 3000 calories? I calculated last night and it was around 2100...I don't eat a lot...oatmeal, yogurt, salad with chicken and a noramlish dinner.

Just looking for more perspective, ideas. Do I add a gainer shake? just eat more?
    thanks in advance

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    if you're making progress at the gym, there's no need for a caloric surplus yet... better to milk out those sweet maintenance gains first. when you stop making progress, that's when you increase your calories by 200 or so