Greendice563 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Unhappy Cut or bulk please help!!

Hi guys, this is my 2nd post here as the last one was not very detailed.

I weigh 64kg (141lbs) and I am 5ft 9 (175cm) which comes to a healthy BMI so my doctors won't do anything and they said to maintain. I have pictures on my profile of my body composition.

My body composition is terrible despite eating healthy. I'm also not that weak either I can bench press over my bodyweight, do pull ups ect. I just always seem to be bloated after every little thing I eat. I have cut out dairy and gluten but still bloating continues.

My weight fluctuates by 3kg by night time, it's like I hold onto so much water. My current diet is between 1700 and 1900 calories to stay in a deficit to lose fat. My maintaince is 2100. My macros are 30% carbs 30% fats and 40% protein. I feel the only way I'm going to find out if I'm actually fat or not is to do a DEXA scan.

Of there is anything else you guys need to know just ask. I'm at a complete loss with this and really don't know how to stop the bloating also.

Cheers

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    maintenance calories until you stop making progress, then slowly bulk up and cut back down later when you have enough muscle. the belly fat is unfortunate, but you really can't cut with those stats

you don't need to do macro percentages either as they just complicate things for no reason as you've probably noticed... it's recommended to just do a minimum of 0.7g of protein & 0.4g of fat per pound of bodyweight, then fill the rest with whatever

Originally Posted by faithbrah View Post
    maintenance calories until you stop making progress, then slowly bulk up and cut back down later when you have enough muscle. the belly fat is unfortunate, but you really can't cut with those stats

you don't need to do macro percentages either as they just complicate things for no reason as you've probably noticed... it's recommended to just do a minimum of 0.7g of protein & 0.4g of fat per pound of bodyweight, then fill the rest with whatever

Thanks that helps. I'm eating like 1g of protein per pound of body weight but it's good to know the fat number 🙂

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    Without a photo any opinion is just a guess.
    they're on his bodyspace, that's why i mentioned the unfortunate belly fat

Train hard play harder Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Thanks Faithbrah.

OP I’d concentrate on building muscle you can cut the belly fat later. IMO you need muscle more than you need to lose the belly fat.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    Thanks Faithbrah.

OP I’d concentrate on building muscle you can cut the belly fat later. IMO you need muscle more than you need to lose the belly fat.

I'm just really confused why it's only my mid section. My arms are very vascular and you can see the separation from my delts. Maybe my belly won't get any bigger with the weight I put on and continue to lift heavy.

Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Greendice563 View Post
    I'm just really confused why it's only my mid section. My arms are very vascular and you can see the separation from my delts. Maybe my belly won't get any bigger with the weight I put on and continue to lift heavy.
    that’s just where you store your fat. If you use a very small calorie surplus and have a proper training program you’ll build muscle with little to no added fat. You may add some more fat but if you don’t start adding muscle you’ll end up getting smaller and you’ll hate how you look

smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    @ 141 I wouldn't recommend losing any more weight. As Tommy said, I'd focus on building some muscle first. It's a lot easier to lose fat than it is to gain muscle; you can always lose the fat later.
    2017 OCB Men's Physique Open 4th place
    17 MP Novice 4th
    18 MP Novice 5th
    18 MP 40+ 3rd
    18 MP Open 5'10" & under 1st
    18 MP 40+ 1st & Overall..Pro Card Won
    19 Classic Phys Open 3rd
    19 CP 40+ 3rd
    19 BB open 3rd
    19 BB 40+ 1st..2nd Pro Card
    19 BB 40+1st..50+1st...3rd Pro Card
    21 BB 40+1st..50+1st..Open 5th..4th Card

Originally Posted by smokinal View Post
    @ 141 I wouldn't recommend losing any more weight. It's a lot easier to lose fat than it is to gain muscle; you can always lose the fat later.
    this is correct. If you lose your belly fat that means you’ll be losing some fat everywhere else and by the time you get the belly fat off you’ll be skin and bones

NaturalFlux is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Greendice563 View Post
    Hi guys, this is my 2nd post here as the last one was not very detailed.

I weigh 64kg (141lbs) and I am 5ft 9 (175cm) which comes to a healthy BMI so my doctors won't do anything and they said to maintain. I have pictures on my profile of my body composition.

My body composition is terrible despite eating healthy. I'm also not that weak either I can bench press over my bodyweight, do pull ups ect. I just always seem to be bloated after every little thing I eat. I have cut out dairy and gluten but still bloating continues.

My weight fluctuates by 3kg by night time, it's like I hold onto so much water. My current diet is between 1700 and 1900 calories to stay in a deficit to lose fat. My maintaince is 2100. My macros are 30% carbs 30% fats and 40% protein. I feel the only way I'm going to find out if I'm actually fat or not is to do a DEXA scan.

Of there is anything else you guys need to know just ask. I'm at a complete loss with this and really don't know how to stop the bloating also.

Cheers
    You need to bulk. Get to 170 lbs lean body mass, then cut. When you bulk, try not to gain too much fat, that way when you cut, you are almost at your fat goal anyway.

Darkius is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkius is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkius is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkius is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkius is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkius is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkius is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkius is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkius is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkius is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkius is a name known to all. (+5000)
    141 is on the light side for 5'9". You should start a lean bulk. I'm 5'8" and plan to bottom out at 145 before I start bulking.

Even if your % fat is high, your total fat is not. You can decrease your % fat by building muscle.
    Novice lifter who sticks to the basics 3x per week but likes to theorize about improvements while recovering.