weightloser11 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

What should I do?

I decided to lose fat and it will be a long long process for me. I try to write a diet list according to my macro but it seems to be not working. I'm 262 pounds and 5.9 feet (180 cm I guess). I need to get 183 grams of protein. Whatever I do, it doesnt make 180.
    Here's my list;

3 egg yolks (9 grams)
    100 grams of chicken breast (22 grams of protein)
    2 slices of whole-wheat bread (6 grams)
    100 grams of pasta (6 grams of protein)
    1 bowl of yogurt (7 grams)
    lentil soup (5 grams)
    40 grams of roasted chickpea (8 grams)

At total, more or less it makes 50 grams of protein! I think getting 180 grams of protein is impossible.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Replace egg yolks with whole eggs
    Replace yogurt with greek yogurt
    Add milk
    Add whey, if still unable to meet goal

Aim for a more reasonable protein total like 140-150g
    Eat more in general. I'm eyeballing your list and it looks like very little food.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    just eat more protein rich foods man... you can easily hit 100 grams of protein even on 2000 calories per day

mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000)
    agree with these two guys for sure!

not sure if you are a chick or dude or?

but - i am a chick who was 248 in march (of this year) and my current caloric info is in the neighborhood of:

1340cals (120p, 80c, 60f)

sounds like you need more cals than me for sure - but saying that i am under 190 right now - and most of my loss has been from fat - so i am usually keeping my protein grams 100-135 - during the past 8 months - and i haven't had an issue with losing too much muscle at all...i think shooting for a little less protein and really being serious about it - eat more egg whites - why only 3 and why only yolks - eat more chicken - eat more in general...i mean if i could eat all those carbs i would too!!!! but you can eat more protein without it being a huge struggle. i also use some things like whey powder and like jerky and quest chips and bars if i am having trouble getting in the protein....

one thing that really helped me (and again part of this is cuz i'm eating less carbs on purpose - so clearly a different issue) but i start every meal - no matter what - with getting my protein first - so my meal planning or just walking into kitchen - starts with my protein needs being met - then i make sure my fat is okay - then i add the carbs for enjoyment or if i'm still hungry.

so if you eat 3 or 6 meals a day - if you wanna eat 180g protein - fine - divide that by the number of meals you prefer or do best with - you know you must eat 60-30g protein at each meal. make that the first thing you portion out or program into your meal - and then fill in with the rest....

just my two cents. you can get your protein in dude - just make it more pleasant- eat s41t you like - season it well - and just do it!! good luck!!

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by weightloser11 View Post
    I decided to lose fat and it will be a long long process for me. I try to write a diet list according to my macro but it seems to be not working. I'm 262 pounds and 5.9 feet (180 cm I guess). I need to get 183 grams of protein. Whatever I do, it doesnt make 180.
    Here's my list;

3 egg yolks (9 grams)
    2 slices of whole-wheat bread (6 grams)
    100 grams of pasta (6 grams of protein)
    1 bowl of yogurt (7 grams)
    lentil soup (5 grams)
    40 grams of roasted chickpea (8 grams)

At total, more or less it makes 50 grams of protein! I think getting 180 grams of protein is impossible.
    Thats only like 1000 calories of food, thats not enough. You should be able to lose weight on nearly double that. But also, 180g seems like a lot for someone who is 5'9", not sure if you're male or female but most people really only require 1g per pound of lean body mass, and you don't have 180lbs of LBM at 5'9".
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I get more protein than that from a bowl of peas. Eat human-sized portions of meat (chicken, fish, red meat, whatever).

Originally Posted by mtnmama View Post
    agree with these two guys for sure!

not sure if you are a chick or dude or?

but - i am a chick who was 248 in march (of this year) and my current caloric info is in the neighborhood of:

1340cals (120p, 80c, 60f)

sounds like you need more cals than me for sure - but saying that i am under 190 right now - and most of my loss has been from fat - so i am usually keeping my protein grams 100-135 - during the past 8 months - and i haven't had an issue with losing too much muscle at all...i think shooting for a little less protein and really being serious about it - eat more egg whites - why only 3 and why only yolks - eat more chicken - eat more in general...i mean if i could eat all those carbs i would too!!!! but you can eat more protein without it being a huge struggle. i also use some things like whey powder and like jerky and quest chips and bars if i am having trouble getting in the protein....

one thing that really helped me (and again part of this is cuz i'm eating less carbs on purpose - so clearly a different issue) but i start every meal - no matter what - with getting my protein first - so my meal planning or just walking into kitchen - starts with my protein needs being met - then i make sure my fat is okay - then i add the carbs for enjoyment or if i'm still hungry.

so if you eat 3 or 6 meals a day - if you wanna eat 180g protein - fine - divide that by the number of meals you prefer or do best with - you know you must eat 60-30g protein at each meal. make that the first thing you portion out or program into your meal - and then fill in with the rest....

just my two cents. you can get your protein in dude - just make it more pleasant- eat s41t you like - season it well - and just do it!! good luck!!
    Actually, normally I eat fast food, fries etc... and now I dont even know how to replace them because I dont know much about healthy and rich-in-protein foods are. Also, I'm quite picky person unfortunately. and I newly started goingt to the gym and I'm very excited. I want to do everything perfectly to see the results. Like losing 4 kg of fat in a month. I bought protein powder and I dont know if i should drink it every day.

and honestly, I started eating healthy just yesterday but I dont feel happy after my meals. They're just some tasteless food that I eat just to survive. I force myself to eat them. Like whole meat bread? it's like.... chewing chewing chewing and it never gets enough smaller to swallow it. I dont like eating that way but I must do that for my health. at least, wish i could find some lists to get some help.

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    I get more protein than that from a bowl of peas. Eat human-sized portions of meat (chicken, fish, red meat, whatever).
    I normally hate meat and I dont know how to like it. I force myself but I sometimes feel like im gonna throw up I need to find ways to make it a bit more tasty maybe. Also, sometimes it comes to my mind that I eat animal meat and it makes me a bit.... I'm not vegan but I try not to remember about those moments like killing animals and blood everywhere.

Originally Posted by xsquid99 View Post
    Thats only like 1000 calories of food, thats not enough. You should be able to lose weight on nearly double that. But also, 180g seems like a lot for someone who is 5'9", not sure if you're male or female but most people really only require 1g per pound of lean body mass, and you don't have 180lbs of LBM at 5'9".
    I'm male. I cannot calculate the colories in a good way because I ondt know where to start. there were some articles i like and read years before. so I2ve read them but writing a diet list is difficult for me.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I normally hate meat and I dont know how to like it. I force myself but I sometimes feel like im gonna throw up I need to find ways to make it a bit more tasty maybe. Also, sometimes it comes to my mind that I eat animal meat and it makes me a bit.... I'm not vegan but I try not to remember about those moments like killing animals and blood everywhere.
    Also, I'm quite picky person unfortunately. and I newly started goingt to the gym and I'm very excited. I want to do everything perfectly to see the results. ... and honestly, I started eating healthy just yesterday but I dont feel happy after my meals. They're just some tasteless food that I eat just to survive. I force myself to eat them. Like whole meat bread? it's like.... chewing chewing chewing and it never gets enough smaller to swallow it. I dont like eating that way but I must do that for my health.
    So basically you can't get enough protein because you don't want to eat meat or enough food in general, not because it's impossible. You don't sound like you're trying to do things perfectly, but you don't need to do things perfectly to lose weight and get in shape.

"Healthy" food doesn't have to be tasteless, and you don't have to eat only "healthy" food to lose weight. You've been eating healthier for 1 day but seem to be trying to make things mentally seem impossible so you can go back to eating as much fast food as you want. Honestly, it seems like most of this is in your head. If you can tackle that aspect, I think your weight loss will both become easier and more enjoyable.

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    So basically you can't get enough protein because you don't want to eat meat or enough food in general, not because it's impossible. You don't sound like you're trying to do things perfectly, but you don't need to do things perfectly to lose weight and get in shape.

"Healthy" food doesn't have to be tasteless, and you don't have to eat only "healthy" food to lose weight. You've been eating healthier for 1 day but seem to be trying to make things mentally seem impossible so you can go back to eating as much fast food as you want. Honestly, it seems like most of this is in your head. If you can tackle that aspect, I think your weight loss will both become easier and more enjoyable.
    Thank you. I think i will eat meat but I should add lots of spices and tomato sauce and oil. That way, I think i can make it. I never want to go back to old days. I think I'll get used to it. I want to look good and more energetic.

MadFury has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MadFury has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MadFury has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MadFury has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MadFury has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MadFury has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MadFury has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MadFury has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MadFury has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MadFury has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MadFury has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thank you. I think i will eat meat but I should add lots of spices and tomato sauce and oil. That way, I think i can make it. I never want to go back to old days. I think I'll get used to it. I want to look good and more energetic.
    You just have to learn how to enjoy eating healthily and how to properly add it into your daily routine to make it sustainable. But with time comes experience and things will get easier as you progress

If you can't stand eating large amounts of meat, then don't. There are plenty of ways around it. The best diet for you is one that you enjoy and you can keep on doing for longer periods of time

Originally Posted by MadFury View Post
    You just have to learn how to enjoy eating healthily and how to properly add it into your daily routine to make it sustainable. But with time comes experience and things will get easier as you progress

If you can't stand eating large amounts of meat, then don't. There are plenty of ways around it. The best diet for you is one that you enjoy and you can keep on doing for longer periods of time
    I think diet is not for me because I dont want to eat the same things every day. Still, I'll do that for 1-2 years to get healthy, and then I think I can loose my diet a bit like eating what I want in a reasonable amount. But I want to get rid of these fat. It effects my heatly in every way around, psychologically, cardiologically, feelings etc... everything.

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think diet is not for me because I dont want to eat the same things every day. Still, I'll do that for 1-2 years to get healthy, and then I think I can loose my diet a bit like eating what I want in a reasonable amount. But I want to get rid of these fat. It effects my heatly in every way around, psychologically, cardiologically, feelings etc... everything.
    you can still eat what you want in reasonable amounts even when dieting (calories in calories out, if it fits your macros). dieting doesn't mean that you have to eat only healthy foods

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think diet is not for me because I dont want to eat the same things every day.
    You should never have to eat the same thing every day. Dieting doesn't mean prepping the exact same meal over and over again, it doens't mean boring or tasteless either.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.