Registered User user9SYDYXYVIQ5's Avatar
    user9SYDYXYVIQ5 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Whats the quickest possible way to put on size as a skinny person starting out?

Hi! I'm about to go ALL IN on bodybuilding for the next year.

I'm 19yo, 191cm (6'3) and 65kg. I've been going to the gym every now and then, but never took it any serious. As a result, Ive gained enough strength to do all the exercises with proper form and some weight, but I'm still absolutely new.

My question is how do I put on AS MUCH size theoretically possible in 1 year?

Do I go 6 day Push-Pull-Legs, dirty bulking, or is there an even more efficient way to go?

Thanks a lot in advance

air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) air2fakie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by user9SYDYXYVIQ5 View Post
    Kumail Nanjiani took this approach and it worked well for him. I think he did Fierce 5 while lean bulking.

coachcalande is a name known to all. (+5000) coachcalande is a name known to all. (+5000) coachcalande is a name known to all. (+5000) coachcalande is a name known to all. (+5000) coachcalande is a name known to all. (+5000) coachcalande is a name known to all. (+5000) coachcalande is a name known to all. (+5000) coachcalande is a name known to all. (+5000) coachcalande is a name known to all. (+5000) coachcalande is a name known to all. (+5000) coachcalande is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by user9SYDYXYVIQ5 View Post

I'm 19yo, 191cm (6'3) and 65kg. I've been going to the gym every now and then, but never took it any serious. As a result, Ive gained enough strength to do all the exercises with proper form and some weight, but I'm still absolutely new.

My question is how do I put on AS MUCH size theoretically possible in 1 year?

Do I go 6 day Push-Pull-Legs, dirty bulking, or is there an even more efficient way to go?

Thanks a lot in advance

1- talking stops and actually lifting and eating begins. That’s the fastest way.
    2- the split matters less than things like
    frequency of stimulus, intensity, volume and resistance used.
    3- start by asking yourself which split you will actually do right now, three years from now, five years, a decade, two decades ?
    4- lift big, eat big, sleep big.
    "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

Old Guy deadlifting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zMrim-0Dks
    bench press https://youtu.be/GaRzfueJVJQ

Every workout is GAME DAY!

TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    A 200-300 calorie surplus + a good full body novice program. Rotate bulk and cut phases from 12-15 percent bf.

Dirty bulking doesn’t make sense and really isn’t accepted anymore. It’s just an excuse to go over 25 percent body fat.

No natural needs a 6 day push pull legs program. Despite all the YouTube fitness channels pushing this non sense. If you can’t get it done with 3-4 days the program isn’t the problem.

All free programs are in the stickies. Don’t pay for one.

paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) paulinkansas has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I tried a 6 day PPL and it about killed me after 3 weeks. But I'm just a frail little old man.
    Furnished rental houses in Coffeyville Kansas. Bills paid, weekly rates, full kitchens, washer/dryer, cable/wifi. For traveling workers.

TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    I tried a 6 day PPL and it about killed me after 3 weeks. But I'm just a frail little old man.
    I ran it for a while. It’s a complete waste of time with no extra benefit. Just complete overkill. I love seeing guys on YouTube selling these programs. Greedy hacks trying to sell e books.

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You’re not going to put on size quickly.

Sorry.

Doing a PPL would be counterproductive to that goal anyway.

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants"
    -Sir Isaac Newton

MadFury has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MadFury has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MadFury has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MadFury has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MadFury has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MadFury has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MadFury has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MadFury has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MadFury has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MadFury has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MadFury has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Lmao

The absolute fastest way to build muscle is by doing things right consistently. Progression really is the keyword here

If you want to start out with Bodybuilding I would recommend doing it right. The most important factors are:

- Training
    - Diet
    - Lifestyle

Training:
    Start out with doing a basic beginner training split
    Personally, I would recommend starting with a Push/Pull or Upper/Lower routine.
    Alternate these workouts every other day allowing your body to recover while you get used to the weight training

For Example something like:

Workout 1:
    - Chest Press
    - Chest Fly
    -Shoulder Press
    -Side Lateral Raise
    -Tricep Extension
    -Squats
    -Leg Extension
    -Leg raises

Workout 2:
    -Pull up
    -Barbell Row
    -Deadlift
    -Shrugs
    -Rear Delt Fly
    -Bicep Curl
    -Hamstring Curl
    -Crunches

Start out doing 3 sets of each exercise for 12 reps. Focus on mastering the movements with a full range of motion
    Make sure to warm up properly before every workout. Do some stretches and a Cooling Down as well

Start out by that for 8-weeks and adjust the routine to your likings after

-Diet

To maintain your weight training and to achieve maximum progression you need a diet to support it. Wouldn't recommend doing anything crazy at the moment but you want to get some solid and healthy meals in consistently and maybe supplement with a protein powder. Don't bother with any other supplements than a Multi-vitamin because they are all relatively useless besides Creatine

I have made a very basic meal plan you could easily adjust into your current eating pattern yourself

Breakfast: A couple of eggs, slices of toast and a piece of fruit, a glass of milk

Shake: Mix a protein powder, with milk of some sort, you can be creative

Lunch: Sandwiches or Salads with chicken or tuna, add some pasta if you're hungry

Snack: A couple of rice cakes with chicken or a protein bar, yogurt, whatever

Dinner: Steak and potatoes, Chicken and rice, etc

Shake: Have another shake, eat some nuts with it too

Protein: Just make sure you eat enough protein, start out with 1 gram per pound of bodyweight
    Carbohydrates: This one is personal, you may want more or less depending on your body
    Fats: Fats are healthy, you can use them to get some more calories in as well. But make sure to never go too low on them

Lifestyle

Your lifestyle is also really important. Generally, you want to live a good life as possible so you can perform optimally

Don't be stressed, eat your vegetables and go to bed early

04akhriz40 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 04akhriz40 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 04akhriz40 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 04akhriz40 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 04akhriz40 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 04akhriz40 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 04akhriz40 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 04akhriz40 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 04akhriz40 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 04akhriz40 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 04akhriz40 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by MadFury View Post
    Lmao

The absolute fastest way to build muscle is by doing things right consistently. Progression really is the keyword here

If you want to start out with Bodybuilding I would recommend doing it right. The most important factors are:

- Training
    - Diet
    - Lifestyle

Training:
    Start out with doing a basic beginner training split
    Personally, I would recommend starting with a Push/Pull or Upper/Lower routine.
    Alternate these workouts every other day allowing your body to recover while you get used to the weight training

For Example something like:

Workout 1:
    - Chest Press
    - Chest Fly
    -Shoulder Press
    -Side Lateral Raise
    -Tricep Extension
    -Squats
    -Leg Extension
    -Leg raises

Workout 2:
    -Pull up
    -Barbell Row
    -Deadlift
    -Shrugs
    -Rear Delt Fly
    -Bicep Curl
    -Hamstring Curl
    -Crunches

Start out doing 3 sets of each exercise for 12 reps. Focus on mastering the movements with a full range of motion
    Make sure to warm up properly before every workout. Do some stretches and a Cooling Down as well

Start out by that for 8-weeks and adjust the routine to your likings after

-Diet

To maintain your weight training and to achieve maximum progression you need a diet to support it. Wouldn't recommend doing anything crazy at the moment but you want to get some solid and healthy meals in consistently and maybe supplement with a protein powder. Don't bother with any other supplements than a Multi-vitamin because they are all relatively useless besides Creatine

I have made a very basic meal plan you could easily adjust into your current eating pattern yourself

Breakfast: A couple of eggs, slices of toast and a piece of fruit, a glass of milk

Shake: Mix a protein powder, with milk of some sort, you can be creative

Lunch: Sandwiches or Salads with chicken or tuna, add some pasta if you're hungry

Snack: A couple of rice cakes with chicken or a protein bar, yogurt, whatever

Dinner: Steak and potatoes, Chicken and rice, etc

Shake: Have another shake, eat some nuts with it too

Protein: Just make sure you eat enough protein, start out with 1 gram per pound of bodyweight
    Carbohydrates: This one is personal, you may want more or less depending on your body
    Fats: Fats are healthy, you can use them to get some more calories in as well. But make sure to never go too low on them

Lifestyle

Your lifestyle is also really important. Generally, you want to live a good life as possible so you can perform optimally

Don't be stressed, eat your vegetables and go to bed early
    Why do reccomend doing such a high volume of exercises? Workout 1 would take like 2 hours.

EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by TAWS6 View Post
    A 200-300 calorie surplus + a good full body novice program. Rotate bulk and cut phases from 12-15 percent bf.

Dirty bulking doesn’t make sense and really isn’t accepted anymore. It’s just an excuse to go over 25 percent body fat.

No natural needs a 6 day push pull legs program. Despite all the YouTube fitness channels pushing this non sense. If you can’t get it done with 3-4 days the program isn’t the problem.

This.

Speaking from experience as someone who quickly got fat in the name of putting on optimal size, it's not a good idea.

I do think there's a common error on the other side where there is too much reluctance to eat plenty, and that will make gaining quality mass literally impossible. As a beginner and even a novice, tending towards eating more and getting bigger and stronger without going totally overboard is the better approach IMO, for the simple reason that lean mass is harder to gain than fat is to lose, and that the circumstances lending themselves to the former are conducive to long term progress in the latter.

However, don't take it as some excuse to inhale food all the time and become obese, even if your lifts are improving rapidly. The extreme is just counterproductive and ultimately does you no good.

As far as lifting goes, at least deadlift, bench and squat regularly if you're not going to follow a novice program specifically (though that is recommended). In fact, if you're not I would literally just do those three lifts for a month or two. I promise that you will gain size and strength across the board just doing those at first.
    Bench: 320
    Squat: 375
    Deadlift: 495

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The bashing of PPL is really dumb.

I’m sorry but every split can be effective.

If someone requires 5-6 days a week to get their volume in so be it.

As someone who requires numerous warmup sets for my large compound lifts, having to cram it all into full body or upper/lower splits leads to incredibly long workouts. Even PPL can start to get really long at times.

Edit: a beginner doesn’t necessarily need a PPL , but there’s nothing wrong if someone wants to spread the volume out to 6x week to limit the per session fatigue.
    the latest and greatest in training...or whatever.

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177744461&page=3

STRYDG will become famous soon enough. (+50) STRYDG will become famous soon enough. (+50) STRYDG will become famous soon enough. (+50) STRYDG will become famous soon enough. (+50) STRYDG will become famous soon enough. (+50) STRYDG will become famous soon enough. (+50) STRYDG will become famous soon enough. (+50) STRYDG will become famous soon enough. (+50) STRYDG will become famous soon enough. (+50) STRYDG will become famous soon enough. (+50) STRYDG will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm with Filmbuff. Rather than destroy myself with a huge workout I like the spreading it out over the week but then again when working out from home its easier to do. Went harder when I was going to the gym but that was to save the travel.

mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

100% agree!
    "The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that youre a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds." -Henry Rollins

Originally Posted by STRYDG View Post
    I'm with Filmbuff. Rather than destroy myself with a huge workout I like the spreading it out over the week but then again when working out from home its easier to do. Went harder when I was going to the gym but that was to save the travel.
    That’s usually the issue with upper lowers is the work outs become too brutal for advanced lifters. At that point specialization cycles can be very effective and can be run 3-4 days. Pick two muscle groups one upper and one lower and hit them with high volume for short cycles while maintaining everything else. Specialized groups are trained at the start of upper or lower days or can have their own days with maintenance work on its own day as well. I’ve found this much more productive than just adding more gym days. I agree every split can be effective though. I’ve just found this to be more effective at a higher level.

Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    That’s usually the issue with upper lowers is the work outs become too brutal for advanced lifters. At that point specialization cycles can be very effective and can be run 3-4 days. Pick two muscle groups one upper and one lower and hit them with high volume for short cycles while maintaining everything else. Specialized groups are trained at the start of upper or lower days or can have their own days with maintenance work on its own day as well. I’ve found this much more productive than just adding more gym days. I agree every split can be effective though. I’ve just found this to be more effective at a higher level.
    Please define what you mean by a higher level.

Also running a specialization cycle on 3-4 days is going to lead to the same issue of very long workouts and fatigue.
    the latest and greatest in training...or whatever.

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177744461&page=3

Originally Posted by Filmbuff81 View Post
    Please define what you mean by a higher level.

Also running a specialization cycle on 3-4 days is going to lead to the same issue of very long workouts and fatigue.
    3-4 years of proper training and diet. Generally when it’s very very difficult to bring up everything at once. My spec workouts rarely go over an hour. I think back is probably the exception since it’s so complex. I only do 2-3 heavy sets a week for maintenance groups. Which is what’s recommended since I did not invent this. I don’t want people to think I’m taking credit lol

Formerly grouchyjarhead GrouchyUSMC's Avatar
    GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) GrouchyUSMC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Here's your answer. On spread so can't rep TAWS6 again.

Best gains I made was heavy squatting 3x a week and heavy eating and sleeping the rest of the week.