tadpole25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tadpole25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tadpole25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tadpole25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tadpole25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tadpole25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tadpole25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tadpole25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tadpole25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tadpole25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tadpole25 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

advice for morbidly obese people

As someone who used to be 320+ lbs for several years, and lost 80+ lbs without feeling deprived.

Athlean-X's advice was spot-on, imo. If you're making good eating decisions 50% of the time. Make good decisions 60% of the time next month. Then the month after that, go from 60% to 70% and so on. Trying to go from 0% to 100% all at once is how many people fail and develop an unhealthy relationship with food. Where they eat nothing but lean chicken/broccoli/brown rice one week and then binge junk food the next.

Count calories. Everyday. (This means no "cheat days" where you stop counting; youre accountable for every single day). A 500-1000 calorie deficit is fine. Exercise is good, but try not to get in a habit of eating extra calories with the intent of "I can just burn it off with some extra exercise later".

I increased protein intake. And cut sugary foods (i.e. soda, candy, donuts, etc) because sugar spikes increase hunger. But for the most part, it's true you can eat almost anything you want as long as it fits into an overall calorie deficit while meeting your macros. (Don Gorske moment)

You could eat 2-3 slices of pizza a day, but still meet your nutrient goals if the rest of your meals are vegetables and protein. As a result, I never felt the need to have "cheat days". If I had only eaten raw foods for 12+ months, I'd be really tempted to binge eat a whole pizza. But instead, it's just like "well, I just had a slice of pizza a few days ago; it's not really that exotic; i'm not missing out).

Diets don't work. And the more restrictive the diet, the more likely people are to feel deprived and fail. Have an eating plan that you can be comfortable sticking with for the rest of your life. Find foods that meet your nutritional goals that you enjoy eating. The further down to go, the more optimal you'll need to be. But for very obese people, the 75% optimal path you'll happily stick to better than the 95% optimal path you resent.