XeroForever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XeroForever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XeroForever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XeroForever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XeroForever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XeroForever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XeroForever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XeroForever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XeroForever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XeroForever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XeroForever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I have a question about weight and height in particular

When I was in the Army my general healthy weight that I maintained (where I did PT 5 times a week and personal workouts maybe 3-4 times a week) was 200lbs. Generally during the week I'd keep it pretty healthy, sometimes people would want to go out and I'd eat a burger and some fries, or a bunch of sushi ect. Then on the weekends it was lots of alcohol and whatever food went along with it. I struggled sometimes and would cut corners which had me go up to 210lbs every once in awhile, but when I felt like I was eating well and going to the gym consistently, I would be around about 200 pounds and I felt pretty good in my skin.

There was a time during a 3 month TDY where I only really had time enough to go to the gym and then it was off to training at night. For about 2 and half months I was doing some pretty hard keto that honestly stressed me out (until I would step on the scale and see the fantastic results) and 4-5 times a week I'd hit the gym for 2-3 hours, usually ending on some type of cardio. At that time I hit 190lbs. Mind you I am 5'8.

According to a lot of sources online at 5'8 a healthy weight is like 168lbs or something along those lines and honestly I don't know if I could ever maintain a weight like that unless I did strictly cardio or something along those lines. Is 190-200lbs really overweight? I honestly cannot imagine a me where I am below 190 without taking some drastic measures.

mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000)
    unless you have more info - like body fat percentage - most of the online charts / calcs are ****e. a person who has tons of contractile tissue will appear over weight on every single one...

can you upload a pic yet? do you know a ballpark on your bf%?

XeroForever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XeroForever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XeroForever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XeroForever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XeroForever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XeroForever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XeroForever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XeroForever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XeroForever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XeroForever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) XeroForever has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by mtnmama View Post
    unless you have more info - like body fat percentage - most of the online charts / calcs are ****e. a person who has tons of contractile tissue will appear over weight on every single one...

can you upload a pic yet? do you know a ballpark on your bf%?
    Well this was more a curiosity question about the legitimacy of these height to weight ratios. I left the Army 4 years ago and I'm not exactly in great shape at the moment, but I was wondering if I should be changing my end goal from 200lbs to somewhere in the 160s for my own well being but again I really don't see me being able to maintain that. I would fail weight but pass tape in the Army at 200lbs though, so under 22%bf at least.

mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000) mtnmama is a name known to all. (+5000)
    maybe get tested for a ballpark (everyone here will preach about inaccuracies on bf testing) - just so you know how much fat you really have (approximately- only dead ppl can be measured accurately)

or you could post pics in the bf% thread for ppl to guess yours...

and this is only if you are curious about it - otherwise - maybe have your goal be more about mirror appearance or waist size or strength goals?

i like knowing numbers personally....so my goals are in weight range, bf%, clothing size, activity levels/week, etc.

but ya - those calcs and tables are awful for ppl with muscle - which i would guess you may have at least a moderate amount unless you let yourself go completely after you got out?

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by XeroForever View Post
    Well this was more a curiosity question about the legitimacy of these height to weight ratios. I left the Army 4 years ago and I'm not exactly in great shape at the moment, but I was wondering if I should be changing my end goal from 200lbs to somewhere in the 160s for my own well being but again I really don't see me being able to maintain that. I would fail weight but pass tape in the Army at 200lbs though, so under 22%bf at least.
    Unfortunately all known bodyfat measurements are to be taken with a grain of salt, they are not accurate at all. Unless you have an extensive history of strength training coupled with really good bodybuilding genetics then most guys are not going to be lean at 5'8" and 200 lbs.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

Originally Posted by xsquid99 View Post
    Unfortunately all known bodyfat measurements are to be taken with a grain of salt, they are not accurate at all. Unless you have an extensive history of strength training coupled with really good bodybuilding genetics then most guys are not going to be lean at 5'8" and 200 lbs.
    this....thanks xsquid for always saying s41t more clearly than i do!!! rockstar of the forums

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you're talking about height and weight, the most commonly used metric is bmi. At 200lbs at 5'8", your bmi is 30.4 which is clinically obese.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16