CurlingGirlNYC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CurlingGirlNYC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CurlingGirlNYC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CurlingGirlNYC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CurlingGirlNYC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CurlingGirlNYC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CurlingGirlNYC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CurlingGirlNYC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CurlingGirlNYC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CurlingGirlNYC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CurlingGirlNYC will become famous soon enough. (+50)

How to break the cycle??

I have been a life-long yo-yo dieter. It's been a vicious cycle: I decide that I hate how I look and want to get fit, then I get excited about my "new life, new me" and lose weight, but ultimately burn out and gain all the weight back and sometimes more. I'm looking to break the cycle. Has anyone had a similar experience? Have you been successful in breaking the cycle? If so, how?

Thank you!

Jill

shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by CurlingGirlNYC View Post
    I have been a life-long yo-yo dieter. It's been a vicious cycle: I decide that I hate how I look and want to get fit, then I get excited about my "new life, new me" and lose weight, but ultimately burn out and gain all the weight back and sometimes more. I'm looking to break the cycle. Has anyone had a similar experience? Have you been successful in breaking the cycle? If so, how?

Thank you!

Jill
    You stop burning out. Make it a permanent lifestyle. If you get bored of one diet, pick a new trend. Just don't go back to that Oreo lifestyle.

Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by shmobin View Post
    You stop burning out. Make it a permanent lifestyle. If you get bored of one diet, pick a new trend. Just don't go back to that Oreo lifestyle.
    Agreed. A friend at work just lost 30 lbs. I asked him do you know what's 10X easier than losing 30 lbs? LOSING 3 LBS!!!

Get to where you want to be then don't get stupid with your consumption and routinely weigh (once per week is more than enough). When you're a few pounds heavier than you want to be, knuckle down and be more strict with your consumption until you're back near your target weight.
    Pull-Up PR: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177233951

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think the problem is eating for pleasure.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Don't deprive yourself of things you like to eat while you lose weight, just eat less of them. That way losing weight & keeping it off is easier to sustain long-term and you don't end up pushing yourself to gain it back.

CurlingGirlNYC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CurlingGirlNYC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CurlingGirlNYC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CurlingGirlNYC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CurlingGirlNYC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CurlingGirlNYC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CurlingGirlNYC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CurlingGirlNYC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CurlingGirlNYC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CurlingGirlNYC will become famous soon enough. (+50) CurlingGirlNYC will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    Don't deprive yourself of things you like to eat while you lose weight, just eat less of them. That way losing weight & keeping it off is easier to sustain long-term and you don't end up pushing yourself to gain it back.
    Ooh! Good idea.

Thank you all for your responses.

taking March-No-Post pilz weiss1967's Avatar
    weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Most people I know are in the same cycle. The cycle starts with storm, full attack mode. By definition it can’t last. The problem is right there. Ease into new life by gradual changes over time. Keep goal in mind but allow yourself a bit of leeway.

Supramax said it well. Eating for pleasure. Find your fix in achieving something. This involves filling life with undertakings, other than silly weight loss.

Another good strategy (my favourite) is getting back on track without beating myself too much for getting off track in first place. You can’t be anal about what can or cannot eat at family gatherings for example. Its ok if weekend in a cabin on a lake over the weekend did not have stationary bike in it. Those kinds of things. Hope this helps.

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You probably go on too low of a calorie diet with the wrong food. It's a lifestyle change, otherwise you'll never be successful.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by supramax View Post
    I think the problem is eating for pleasure.
    Not eating for pleasure. Eating for comfort.

If you truly take your time and enjoy your food taking real pleasure in it, you will not over eat or eat to often.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Wildtim View Post
    Not eating for pleasure. Eating for comfort.

If you truly take your time and enjoy your food taking real pleasure in it, you will not over eat or eat to often.
    Is comfort not pleasurable? There's nothing wrong with having pleasure from eating; we usually eat things we like the taste of, but seeking gratification from food IS the raison d'etre of obesity.