JustinP72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JustinP72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JustinP72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JustinP72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JustinP72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JustinP72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JustinP72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JustinP72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JustinP72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JustinP72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JustinP72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Question Outdoor Lifting/Working Out in the Cold

Need some help gurus. I'm moving and will have to set up my power cage in my carport (covered, but open air/3 open walls) until I get my workout palace (shed) delivered and up and running. It will be insulated, heated, etc,. but that may need be for a few months. In the meantime, I need help/ideas on lifting in the cold. Plans so far:
    I typically cycle ~10min for a warmup to help get the blood flowing; this will be indoor.
    I will have the rack on an outdoor rug. I typically lift barefoot and wood prefer to continue doing so.
    I've ordered thermal long sleeve compression shirts and pants. I typically workout shirtless to eliminate any friction. This will be trial by fire.
    I'll keep the barbells and plates in a storage room off the carport. Everything is attached to the house, so I'm hoping the storage room will keep them warm, otherwise I can move the bars indoor and blanket the plates.
    My lifts typically take ~30-40 minutes. I'll be incorporating more auxiliaries now that I have a cable setup with hookups overhead (lat pull down position) and shin height (row position), so I anticipate workout time will increase by 10-15 minutes.
    I'm open to buying a heater, be it either an overhead or floor-standing. I'm guessing this won't have much affect other than I could stand by it to warm up unless it's an an overhead pushing heat; the space is to open to hold heat. In my shed I plan to have a wifi/programmable heater, so something I could transition to there would be a plus but isn't necessary. I'm open to any type of movable/temporary wall setup if it would help.
    I'll be in Greenwood, SC, so temps now are cold in the mornings (40-below freezing) but warm in the afternoons (55-75). I could move my lifting to a warmer time, however I've been consistently and prefer to lift first thing in the morning. I work from home, so this wouldn't be a huge inconvenience, but not my preference.
    Any thoughts/pointers/questions are appreciated. As always, thanks everyone!

coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I used to workout in an UN heated shed in Maine at 4am.

Knit hat
    Two sweatshirts
    Gloves
    Sweatpants

All good.
    "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

Old Guy deadlifting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zMrim-0Dks
    bench press https://youtu.be/GaRzfueJVJQ

Every workout is GAME DAY!

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I workout in my garage. It gets below freezing in there. I use a 150k btu torp-edo propane heater to bring it up to about 50 degrees. I also vent my clothes dryer into the garage to blow warm moist air. Warm moist things are nice.
    Current rankings

EliKoeh: Sparrow
    TolerantLacoe: Opossum
    Faithbra: Opossum
    SuicidGripMe: Opossum
    MTpockets: Owl
    Air2Fake: Weasel
    Steffo9: Ferret
    MarkT: Snapping turtle
    Camarja: Raccoon
    TearsOfIc: Fox
    Paulinkanas: Coyote
    Sails: Wolf

JustinP72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JustinP72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JustinP72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JustinP72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JustinP72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JustinP72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JustinP72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JustinP72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JustinP72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JustinP72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JustinP72 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by coachcalande View Post
    I used to workout in an UN heated shed in Maine at 4am.

Knit hat
    Two sweatshirts
    Gloves
    Sweatpants

All good.
    I don't know why I didn't think of head wear; a warm-ass beanie will definitely help.
    My concern with sweatshirts is namely for squats; I lift shirtless and am hoping the thermal compression shirt will provide the most minimal difference from shirtless. I guess I could layer up some wife beaters...
    I really don't want to use gloves of any sort.
    I typically wear gym shorts, but may add sweatpants if need be.

Appreciate the response and help!

coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by JustinP72 View Post
    I don't know why I didn't think of head wear; a warm-ass beanie will definitely help.
    My concern with sweatshirts is namely for squats; I lift shirtless and am hoping the thermal compression shirt will provide the most minimal difference from shirtless. I guess I could layer up some wife beaters...
    I really don't want to use gloves of any sort.
    I typically wear gym shorts, but may add sweatpants if need be.

Appreciate the response and help!

A bar at 2 degrees…you might want gloves.
    "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    I workout in my garage. It gets below freezing in there. I use a 150k btu torp-edo propane heater to bring it up to about 50 degrees. I also vent my clothes dryer into the garage to blow warm moist air. Warm moist things are nice.
    I briefly looked into converting it to a garage and that be $10k+. Just found they make carport canopies though, so that may help trap the heat. My drier is pretty far from it, but there are warm moist things elsewhere.

A bar at 2 degrees…you might want gloves.
    I'm keeping the bar indoors, so they won't be cold as ****. I also use a straight bar for my first lifts, then a EZ curl bar for my latter lifts, so could leave that inside until I need it.

Originally Posted by JustinP72 View Post
    I'm keeping the bar indoors, so they won't be cold as ****. I also use a straight bar for my first lifts, then a EZ curl bar for my latter lifts, so could leave that inside until I need it.
    I bought a six pack of knitted gloves that had grippy rubber on palms and fingers. Home Depot/Walmart….

Cheap and does the job.

I bought a six pack of knitted gloves that had grippy rubber on palms and fingers. Home Depot/Walmart….

Cheap and does the job.

Bonus, can do yard work between sets ha ha