Copenhagen94 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Post High(ish) Oestradiol level

Hi people I'm new here.

I'm not really lifting heavy or anything but I do do some moderate weights, yes I know I need to do better and the plan is to get some bigger weights.

I recently had a blood test done which I've attached, I just wanted some advice really, my oestradiol level seems a little high, though within the 'normal' range? age 41 (not 51!)

I take quite a few supplements which 'should' help keep estrogen lower (Ashwagandha, Nettle, Grape seed), my cortisol is also a little high which is odd as a number of these
    supplements may help reduce it.

To be honest I'm a little addicted to supps lol, I have some arthritic issues with my feet which I try and self medicate for as my dr. is pretty useless unless it nuts and bolts
    medicine, anything more complex and it's take Ibuprofen.. err yeah great thanks.

Full(ish) list : Ashwagandha, Nettle, Curcumin, Alpha GPC, Grape seed, Tribulus, Tongkat ali (just stopped), Collagen, Milk thistle, Quercetin, Creatine, Broccoli extract, Ginger, Arginine/Citrulline + vitamins and minerals; zinc, boron, magnesium etc.

Maybe I'm over-doing it? lol, but given a lot of these show some data as being estrogen inhibitors I would have expected a lower estrogen level?.

I have just started on arimistane at a dose of 30mg a day, with the idea of cutting out a few of the above - most likely TKA and Trib, as the good stuff is expensive and my results are reasonable but unspectacular!.

3 days in don't feel much difference but I guess it's early days.. would you say 30mg is enough given other supps may have AI effect?, though they don't seem to be working so well, I don't want to go overboard and crash my estrogen but it would be nice to get it down by maybe half or so and also bring my cortisol down, though I'm guessing they may be somewhat linked?.

Anyway sorry for the ramble just don't know where to start with arimistane really..
    Attached Images

Train hard play harder Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Why aren't you asking your doctor instead of random internet forum members?
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Copenhagen94 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    Why aren't you asking your doctor instead of random internet forum members?
    I think you have a lot more faith in your doctors ability than I do in mine, also will they not just say 'it is within the normal levels'?, in the same way that preventing your bones from falling apart is apparently the benchmark for having an 'adequate' vitamin D level according to the NHS guidelines. Thanks for the response.

Train hard play harder Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Copenhagen94 View Post
    I think you have a lot more faith in your doctors ability than I do in mine, also will they not just say 'it is within the normal levels'?, in the same way that preventing your bones from falling apart is apparently the benchmark for having an 'adequate' vitamin D level according to the NHS guidelines. Thanks for the response.
    Just review the levels with him. It should all be on the blood work sheet. You can see how high it is and how to adjust the dosages.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough