ismellweird will become famous soon enough. (+50) ismellweird will become famous soon enough. (+50) ismellweird will become famous soon enough. (+50) ismellweird will become famous soon enough. (+50) ismellweird will become famous soon enough. (+50) ismellweird will become famous soon enough. (+50) ismellweird will become famous soon enough. (+50) ismellweird will become famous soon enough. (+50) ismellweird will become famous soon enough. (+50) ismellweird will become famous soon enough. (+50) ismellweird will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Issues with weightings

Hi All

New here and new to bodybuilding. My friend works at a dollar tree and in the basement we found what I believed to be two dumbells. They had a number stamped on the outside "45" and "25" and is brand "Tuf-Tite". I began my workouts about 2 or 3 weeks ago using the 25, then moved on to the 45. A friend over Facetime recently said they were in fact not dumbells and also suggested I weighed them. Well, the 25 weighs 18 and the 45 weighs about 14. So essentially I haven't been using the correct weight and also stepped down 4 pounds when I believed I was increasing by 20. If they aren't dumbells I'm both frustrated and embarassed. Has anyone made this mistake before? A sea of information on the topic and hard to know what's correct but I would like to see progress, and was hoping for progress by Christmas, but now stepping DOWN 4 pounds I am afraid I have decreased muscle mass. The opposite!! Thanks for your insights.

mell

BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ismellweird View Post
    Hi All

New here and new to bodybuilding. My friend works at a dollar tree and in the basement we found what I believed to be two dumbells. They had a number stamped on the outside "45" and "25" and is brand "Tuf-Tite". I began my workouts about 2 or 3 weeks ago using the 25, then moved on to the 45. A friend over Facetime recently said they were in fact not dumbells and also suggested I weighed them. Well, the 25 weighs 18 and the 45 weighs about 14. So essentially I haven't been using the correct weight and also stepped down 4 pounds when I believed I was increasing by 20. If they aren't dumbells I'm both frustrated and embarassed. Has anyone made this mistake before? A sea of information on the topic and hard to know what's correct but I would like to see progress, and was hoping for progress by Christmas, but now stepping DOWN 4 pounds I am afraid I have decreased muscle mass. The opposite!! Thanks for your insights.

mell
    I looked up the brand, and looks like they make drainage parts. How did you mistake drainage parts for dumbbells?

You likely won't decrease muscle mass by working out with less weight. You'd have to eat improperly, or get really sedentary to lose muscle mass quickly.

Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Meanwhile : In a local story - Dollar Tree basement floods out and destroys several thousands dollars worth of merchandise. The store manager believes someone sabotaged their plumbing system, likely a terrorist. More on this story at 7.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No 7
    ()---() York Barbell Club #7 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #13 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #9 -!!!---!!!-