stillafatguy is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Lacking endurance during workout

Hello!

First time posting, looking for some advice with some recent issues.

After a bit of a break, I've gotten back into the gym almost daily over the last few weeks but im having an issue with endurance. This has been an issue in the past and is a contributing factor as to why I fell out of my routine initially.

I feel like I am running out of juice quickly. I can start my workout with weights I feel happy with, but a few sets later my muscles feel totally depleted and I feel like I can't put in the intensity I would like.

Here's just a bit of info that may be useful.

I take a pre-workout before hitting the gym
    I run for about two miles before my workout
    I try to spend about an hour weightlifting after running.

Could this just be a nutrition thing? I'm not sure but it is frustrating feeling like I'm giving it everything I've got to feel minimal effects the next day, is this a poor way to judge success in the gym?

Thanks for the feedback!
    Stillafatguy

safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Don't run before weights. This will drain your energy to have any kind of intensity for your lifting. Run after weights or on a different day. You might also be doing too much for your workouts. What's your routine?

Rsurf72 is not very well liked. (-100) Rsurf72 is not very well liked. (-100) Rsurf72 is not very well liked. (-100) Rsurf72 is not very well liked. (-100) Rsurf72 is not very well liked. (-100) Rsurf72 is not very well liked. (-100) Rsurf72 is not very well liked. (-100) Rsurf72 is not very well liked. (-100) Rsurf72 is not very well liked. (-100) Rsurf72 is not very well liked. (-100) Rsurf72 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Cardio after weights

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by stillafatguy View Post
    After a bit of a break, I've gotten back into the gym almost daily over the last few weeks but im having an issue with endurance. This has been an issue in the past and is a contributing factor as to why I fell out of my routine initially.
    In addition to advice above, don't habitually go from nothing to running+lifting 7 days/week. The point of a routine is to be able to sustain it consistently long-term, not to go from 0 to 100 each time then burning out.

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I don't think running two miles should be a big deal. It's probably more a matter of workout pacing.

Do you know your bench/squat/dead #'s, or are you familiar with some common workout regimen?

coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Others have already said it…but I’ll say it too. Run AFTER the weights.
    "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

Old Guy deadlifting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zMrim-0Dks
    bench press https://youtu.be/GaRzfueJVJQ

Every workout is GAME DAY!