Reply
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Registered User DeusVult777's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2021
    Age: 52
    Posts: 39
    Rep Power: 0
    DeusVult777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeusVult777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeusVult777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeusVult777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeusVult777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeusVult777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeusVult777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeusVult777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeusVult777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeusVult777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    DeusVult777 is offline

    Shoulder dislocation exercise and face pulls hurt shoulder

    I have pain during pressing movements and lateral raises so I started doing shoulder dislocations exercise (its when you have a straight stick or broom or smt like that and with straight arms you move it over your head back and back on the front) and face pulls.

    Shoulder dislocations hurt my right shoulder only, but face pulls hurt both shoulders. Its burning pain like my muscle would be sore, but its not good pain.
    Should I keep doing dislocations cuz my ROM got better even tho it hurts? also, i cant train my back properlly due to bad scapular recraction , but after doing dislocations I am able to train it good.
    pls help

    im 17yo 207lbs 6 5
    Reply With Quote

  2. #2
    Registered User Szyszak's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2019
    Age: 52
    Posts: 181
    Rep Power: 87
    Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Szyszak is offline
    Originally Posted by DeusVult777 View Post
    I have pain during pressing movements and lateral raises so I started doing shoulder dislocations exercise (its when you have a straight stick or broom or smt like that and with straight arms you move it over your head back and back on the front) and face pulls.

    Shoulder dislocations hurt my right shoulder only, but face pulls hurt both shoulders. Its burning pain like my muscle would be sore, but its not good pain.
    Should I keep doing dislocations cuz my ROM got better even tho it hurts? also, i cant train my back properlly due to bad scapular recraction , but after doing dislocations I am able to train it good.
    pls help

    im 17yo 207lbs 6 5

    Stop doing shoulder dislocations, or try replace the stick with powerband and gently bent your elbows. It's about to feel mild stretch in pecs not literally DISLOCATE the humerous from the socket. Lot's of pulling movements if you have shoulder pain are completly useless in order to fix it. If you have pain doing lateral raises most likely your traps are inactive and using too much of middle delt / supraspiantus. Or you might lock your scapula back and down while doing them it's also not correct cue. If u got pain with pressing movement u have to specify which movement exactly? vertical pressing? horizontal pressing?
    Reply With Quote

  3. #3
    Registered User DeusVult777's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2021
    Age: 52
    Posts: 39
    Rep Power: 0
    DeusVult777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeusVult777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeusVult777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeusVult777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeusVult777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeusVult777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeusVult777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeusVult777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeusVult777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeusVult777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    DeusVult777 is offline
    Originally Posted by Szyszak View Post
    Stop doing shoulder dislocations, or try replace the stick with powerband and gently bent your elbows. It's about to feel mild stretch in pecs not literally DISLOCATE the humerous from the socket. Lot's of pulling movements if you have shoulder pain are completly useless in order to fix it. If you have pain doing lateral raises most likely your traps are inactive and using too much of middle delt / supraspiantus. Or you might lock your scapula back and down while doing them it's also not correct cue. If u got pain with pressing movement u have to specify which movement exactly? vertical pressing? horizontal pressing?
    It is really weird. I sometimes have pain during overhead presses (dumbell press and military press) and sometimes dont. And pretty much every single exercise for chest hurts my shoulders. But sometimes it doesnt hurt. Its weird. And dips cause the most pain.
    Also, im not getting shoulder pain from back execises for some reason anymore. Also face pulls dont hurt as much anymore.
    But my teres major hurts during lat pulldowns. And I can only do one arm rows, cuz 2 arm rows feel reayll weird.
    also only my right shoulder hurts during later raises. Left shoulder is fine. its also noticablly bigger.
    Reply With Quote

  4. #4
    Registered User Szyszak's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2019
    Age: 52
    Posts: 181
    Rep Power: 87
    Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Szyszak is offline
    Originally Posted by DeusVult777 View Post
    It is really weird. I sometimes have pain during overhead presses (dumbell press and military press) and sometimes dont. And pretty much every single exercise for chest hurts my shoulders. But sometimes it doesnt hurt. Its weird. And dips cause the most pain.
    Also, im not getting shoulder pain from back execises for some reason anymore. Also face pulls dont hurt as much anymore.
    But my teres major hurts during lat pulldowns. And I can only do one arm rows, cuz 2 arm rows feel reayll weird.
    also only my right shoulder hurts during later raises. Left shoulder is fine. its also noticablly bigger.

    If you got pain especialy in dips it might mean you have very weak subscapularis, becuase in this exercise he is extremly lenghten, causing anterior translation of humeral head. Dips is the exercise which require lots of shoulder and scapula stability. If I were you I would defenitely strenghten subscapularis by doing these:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ezpf...ngthResurgence
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIBp...nel=BrianReddy


    You can also try to stretch posterior capsule by doing sleeper stretch:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BN8...el=AskDoctorJo


    Try out and let me know how u feel
    Reply With Quote

  5. #5
    Registered User DeusVult777's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2021
    Age: 52
    Posts: 39
    Rep Power: 0
    DeusVult777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeusVult777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeusVult777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeusVult777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeusVult777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeusVult777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeusVult777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeusVult777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeusVult777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DeusVult777 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    DeusVult777 is offline
    Originally Posted by Szyszak View Post
    If you got pain especialy in dips it might mean you have very weak subscapularis, becuase in this exercise he is extremly lenghten, causing anterior translation of humeral head. Dips is the exercise which require lots of shoulder and scapula stability. If I were you I would defenitely strenghten subscapularis by doing these:




    You can also try to stretch posterior capsule by doing sleeper stretch:



    Try out and let me know how u feel
    thank you very much.
    I once came across this stretch, and then it felt better, but it hurts like hell when I try to fully stretch it.
    Also, I am having problem in my right teres major (or minor, idk really), the muscle under armpit. It hurts during lat pullsdowns and pullups. Is that due to poor mobility? cuz I have no pain during one arm lat pulldowns. I can also not do 2 arm barbell rows cuz it feels on my right side (only rear delts and traps working on both sides), but when I am doing one arm dumbell rows its fine. Is that all a mobility problem? Cuz it started when covid started and had to be home schooling through computer and had a bad posture sitting.
    also, thank you again for the help.
    Reply With Quote

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts