Fattofitukk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fattofitukk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fattofitukk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fattofitukk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fattofitukk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fattofitukk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fattofitukk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fattofitukk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fattofitukk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fattofitukk is on a distinguished road. (+10) Fattofitukk is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Exclamation Advice please - What to do

Hi all,

I have a genuine question for a more biased audience.

I was 116kg / 255lbs in July 2020, height of the pandemic, since this time I have managed to get to 93kg / 205lbs.

My wife supported my diet, I bought a few supplements and I consistently trained. My best lifts were conv deadlift 160kg / 352lbs, squat 111kg / 244lbs and bench 87.5kg / 192lbs. I was training for a strongman comp and a week before the comp, they cancelled it. I trained for months for this only to be cancelled, I was gutted. After this point, I went on a 3 week holiday, applied for a promotion, work got busy and the result is through excuses I stopped training for 1 month and stopped creatine.

To me personally, I want to get to a low weight with a healthy diet but I also want to continue strongman, get the right supplements to help and personally I would have no qualm taking roids to assist, I have never taken them just to say. But I seen my strength potential and I want to capitalise, I don't want to be the guy in my 50/60s saying I could have lifted more if I trained.

My wife of 13 years, is not being supportive now, she deals with the finances and food and cooking, wont let me deal with it, so i cant hit my macros properly, see doesn't want me weight lifting, even though my hiatal hernia has got smaller (just got checked up) and honestly if I get my workout and diet right, roids will just help with the recovery process.

I feel like I cant give my wife an ultimatum but I have to say the gym is my therapy, it keeps me doing extreme things or urges, it calms me down and gives me a goal too.

I am sorry for the long novel but what would you do? Would you say to your wife I am going to do this and if you don't like it I'm going or do I just stop weightlifting and try and live a norm life.

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So you want to get to a lower weight and a healthy diet but you want to do illegal, dangerous things to get you there, which doesn't make any sense at all. (by the way, any discussion regarding "alternative" supplementation is forbidden on this forum, so please edit your post otherwise if a mod sees it, it will be deleted).

Not sure why there would ever need to be an ultimatum regarding working out unless you're in the gym for multiple hours per day and ignoring your responsibilities at home and to the family. My wife knows that I love the gym and so she accepts that is where I'll be for about an hour every day. Usually I try to fit it in during my lunch break at work so she doesn't even feel the effects of it, but on weekends I'll go super early before she's even awake.

When it comes to food my wife loves to cook healthy food, so I don't have an issue there, but if yours doesn't then thats a huge problem that needs addressing. If she can't understand the importance behind healthy eating then you need to have a long talk with her.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.