Thread: Eli deadlifts

coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Eli deadlifts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYN3UGCYisk

As you watch this video, make note (even take some screenshots) of the guys that DO roll the bar. Look how low their hips are. You may well find this helps you get the hips down. I’m a bar roller.
    "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

Old Guy deadlifting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zMrim-0Dks
    bench press https://youtu.be/GaRzfueJVJQ

Every workout is GAME DAY!

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Rolling Usually helps fat lads or really tall get more air and a better position...

Many get their hips TOO low doing it though (trying to copy eddy hall) and that's when you see their ass shoot up before the bar moves, and they loose tension.

Unlike eddy who can stay tight, but the bar never moves when his hips are low low, they come back up into the best higher position THEN the force comes thru.

Im sometimes a bar roller. Usually if im using straps
    FMH crew - Couch.

'pick a program from the stickies' = biggest cop out post.

coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Here is another very good look at the bar rolling technique.

Look how low he drops the hips, thighs to,parallel.

He’s a fairly tall guy right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kEC7X1FUIg
    "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I see very low hips.
    Then they rise as new tightens up and pulls the slack..

Then the bar moves with hips way higher. Bar Litterally wont much with a high %1rm until your hips are in the slot.

Im more partial to a little different setup. Think this one was a 262.5 2nd attempt from a few years ago. So many unlabelled clips it could be anything tho

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CWyBrYr...dium=copy_link

I do like a good roll tho with straps cos ill be ****ed if i can keep enough air from the top while setting them in.
    FMH crew - Couch.

Good stuff. At no point are your shoulders at the same height as your hips, always well above with the slope in your back.

Making a “4” with your body vs a “7”

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CWGnWA6...dium=copy_link

I mean they sometimes are lower than my hips 😂
    FMH crew - Couch.

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks Coach and Ego. I'll check these out soon and comment later after I've watched them.
    Bench: 345
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Well, if there's any definite error of mine that the video identified, it would be rounding the back when fatigued on maximal pulls (since I sometimes run into the problem of stalling just above the knees, meaning in those cases I'm likely not maintaining a straight back), and then also keeping the chest high. It actually spoke against endeavoring to incorporate more quad activity and used the mid-foot bar placement with the shoulders just in front of the bar as the exclusive criteria for the ideal bar path - that would mean that in my case, making a "4" with femurs parallel to the floor is an inefficient setup. As I mentioned in my other thread, with the bar over mid foot and shins brought down towards it pivoted from the shoulder (as the video stipulates and in my example I was already doing), it's literally impossible to get the hips lower without altering that fundamental position or sacrificing the vertical movement of the bar.

So, this principle of making a "4" would only be applicable to those who have the bone anatomy where that has the bar mid-foot, shoulder just in front, shins touching and chest up, with horizontal femurs just happening to be a side effect of that - that's not the case with me, though. He also spoke against the bar rolling as not advisable.

Per the criticism of Thrall and his trainer, it seems the only error I'm making are the latter two points when pulling maximally. Since my back stayed tight and straight with the 365 triple, I don't think I made any of the mistakes that video identified (and many of the heavy pulls it showed as examples were with rather high hips and even some less than completely straight backs).

I just don't get why there's almost always a "your hips are too high" ... "that was all back" ... "bad form" with my deadlift when none of these corrections can be implemented without altering the fundamental orthodoxy of the setup.

I'm not aiming to absolve myself of correction and am in no way a perfect deadlifter. Getting extremely strong in this lift is actually important to me and a serious life goal of mine. Where I need correction, I want to modify what I'm doing so I can get there. Just legitimately frustrated by the above because I don't understand how what I am doing constitutes a mistake in a specifically identifiable way.

Today's deadlifts are fortunately programmed quite light on the Candito program, so I will try these different cues and upload them for comparison.

EDIT: Uploaded lifts in my main collaboration challenge thread in the exercises board.
    Last edited by EliKoehn; 11-30-2021 at 05:50 PM.
    Bench: 345
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"