blownVmax is a jewel in the rough. (+500) blownVmax is a jewel in the rough. (+500) blownVmax is a jewel in the rough. (+500) blownVmax is a jewel in the rough. (+500) blownVmax is a jewel in the rough. (+500) blownVmax is a jewel in the rough. (+500) blownVmax is a jewel in the rough. (+500) blownVmax is a jewel in the rough. (+500) blownVmax is a jewel in the rough. (+500) blownVmax is a jewel in the rough. (+500) blownVmax is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Squat pain at the top

My hips kill me during squats at the top of the motion. I start feeling it at anything over 135 and it gets worse as I go heavier. Absolutely no pain when I'm deep in the squat, it's like the last quarter of the squat where I stand up straight. Feels like my hips don't want to straighten back out lol. It's mainly in the hip flexor area but radiates around to the side too. Any ideas on this? I just ordered some weight lifting shoes hoping they will help some.

Darkius is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkius is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkius is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkius is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkius is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkius is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkius is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkius is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkius is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkius is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkius is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Get a platform to stand on. Lift starting lower and ending lower. Do not lock out with weight. Still practice shallow squats with just body weight. Very gradually, over months, add the bar and then 10 pounds at a time to the locked position. Maybe it will heal. If it gets worse, get some images.
    Novice lifter who sticks to the basics 3x per week but likes to theorize about improvements while recovering.

blownVmax is a jewel in the rough. (+500) blownVmax is a jewel in the rough. (+500) blownVmax is a jewel in the rough. (+500) blownVmax is a jewel in the rough. (+500) blownVmax is a jewel in the rough. (+500) blownVmax is a jewel in the rough. (+500) blownVmax is a jewel in the rough. (+500) blownVmax is a jewel in the rough. (+500) blownVmax is a jewel in the rough. (+500) blownVmax is a jewel in the rough. (+500) blownVmax is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Im hoping there's not an issue. I've had hip pain in this same area a few times earlier in life. A few times when I was a baseball pitcher when I was younger and once a few years ago at a music festival, walking all weekend I felt like my hips were going to break lol. I always just figured I was sore from over working them. Now I've been trying to get serious about squats for the last 3 months and it's been an issue the whole time. A few minutes after I quit squatting the pain is completely gone. I start with low weight and everything is good until around 150 lbs and boom pain at the top of the lift and it just lingers for the next few minutes.

Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    If you do a resisted hip flexion does that cause pain? If you specifically stretch the hip flexors does that bother them? If you stand up and rotate your hips between anterior and posterior pelvic tilt does that cause issues?

Rsurf72 is not very well liked. (-100) Rsurf72 is not very well liked. (-100) Rsurf72 is not very well liked. (-100) Rsurf72 is not very well liked. (-100) Rsurf72 is not very well liked. (-100) Rsurf72 is not very well liked. (-100) Rsurf72 is not very well liked. (-100) Rsurf72 is not very well liked. (-100) Rsurf72 is not very well liked. (-100) Rsurf72 is not very well liked. (-100) Rsurf72 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Is the path of your bar straight up and down? How's your back alignment

My issue is my barbell moreorless is in a straight line, but when I do my backsquats my body bends way forward.... I can't even do a squat with no weight without doing a "good morning squat"

Also how do you sleep at night? I'd get killer shoulder pain when benching "still do on left side, just got back from a terrible left shoulder injury too"

Sometimes sleep position can be a cause for pain

I feel zero pain during stretches, or tilting my hips. I do feel a little pain with resisted hip flexion. It's when I put my leg back down and straighten my hip out. I feel no pain lifting it up

Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    If you do a vertical jump does that hurt? How deep do you have to squat to have the pain occur?

Given it worsens as you go heavier I am curious of your form changes a lot with heavier weight. Trying the shoes is a good idea. I would also try sitting back more and making sure you stop squatting down whenever you get to the point of buttwink to see if this makes a difference as a test. May want to post a form video too.