Reply
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Registered User DylanBohbot's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2014
    Age: 26
    Posts: 5
    Rep Power: 0
    DylanBohbot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    DylanBohbot is offline

    Post Cutting, but 2400 calories seems like too much?

    Hey, Im on a cut right now and I decided this is going to be the year I get super lean. I have always been happy with my body, but now I want to have a visible 6 pack, and look leaner and stay that way. Im usually around 15-18 percent, but I want to get to around ten.
    My strength goals are always in progress and im happy with what I hit on my bulk last year ( 430 deadlift, 275 bench, 340 squat @ 5'11 206 lbs) Im at 190 right now and I've been stuck here for about 2 months. My TDEE calculator says for my size, age (just turned 26) I should eat around 2400 calories a day. Honestly though during my bulk I was around 2800-3000 max. I don't need a whole lot of food for some reason ( even though I can put a lot away ) and trying to follow the 2400 makes me feel a bit too full and bloated. and example of my meal plan will be as follows.
    Breakfast
    1 cup nonfat greek yogurt, 6 raspberries and blueberries each, tablespoon and a half of chopped walnuts, tablespoon hemp hearts, half cup oats. 3 eggs cooked with butter or cooking spray. sometimes ill add two slices of smoked salmon to the eggs.
    Lunch
    Baked hella seasoned chicken breast ( if you can't cook , you suck ) half cup of rice, half cup roasted potatoes, half cup of peas and a banana.
    Snack
    Vegan protein (1 scoop ) water, kale, spinach, banana, peanut butter ( no sugar ) 1 tablespoon
    Dinner
    Fish, or chicken, (maybe beef on occasion) about 4 ounces, with veggies, rice (1 cup )
    And im pretty good with my meal plan. I do eat less during the day on Friday so I can eat more at the dinner I go to at my family's house every Friday night, but my workouts are good and challenging and I do about a half hour of cardio everyday. Im going to start incorporating HITT workouts once a week and then add it on to twice a week eventually.
    I just want to know If I am doing this right? I know it gets harder to lean out with the less fat you have, I've never been fat but I did go from my bulk weight of 206 to 190 in about 6 months.
    If anyone can help me out and give me the best advice it would be super appreciated! Thanks!
    Reply With Quote

  2. #2
    Registered User Darkius's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2016
    Age: 38
    Posts: 2,768
    Rep Power: 8299
    Darkius is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkius is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkius is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkius is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkius is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkius is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkius is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkius is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkius is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkius is a name known to all. (+5000) Darkius is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Darkius is offline
    18% body fat is well within th 1% per week max speed. It is possible for sleep loss to turn that to muscle loss. 1 pound a week sounds safe for you

    We each have individual metabolisms. Published values are just averages. The scale will fluctuate with meals and water. 2400 is just a starting value. You can go lower if you want. Just spread your protein intake throughout the day.


    I'm guessing you are physically active, based on the high number. Nothing wrong with getting micronutrients from all that food.
    Novice lifter who sticks to the basics 3x per week but likes to theorize about improvements while recovering.
    Reply With Quote

  3. #3
    Registered User DylanBohbot's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2014
    Age: 26
    Posts: 5
    Rep Power: 0
    DylanBohbot has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    DylanBohbot is offline
    Yeah, I workout about 5-6 days a week and I do obviously eat pizza, or **** like that once a week on the weekend usually, but sometimes I do tend to overindulge myself a little bit, but recently have been better about it.
    I think the one lb per week loss is what my goal is but generally im not sure if im doing enough cardio or eating too much or too little which seems to be the issue. My strength is coming back ( I had to take 2 months off due to a move, no gym access and an injury that was recovering ) but so far everything is going well, just want to hear from the community what would be best!




    Originally Posted by Darkius View Post
    18% body fat is well within th 1% per week max speed. It is possible for sleep loss to turn that to muscle loss. 1 pound a week sounds safe for you

    We each have individual metabolisms. Published values are just averages. The scale will fluctuate with meals and water. 2400 is just a starting value. You can go lower if you want. Just spread your protein intake throughout the day.


    I'm guessing you are physically active, based on the high number. Nothing wrong with getting micronutrients from all that food.
    Reply With Quote

  4. #4
    Haligtree faithbrah's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2018
    Posts: 2,949
    Rep Power: 35557
    faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    faithbrah is offline
    Originally Posted by DylanBohbot View Post
    Yeah, I workout about 5-6 days a week and I do obviously eat pizza, or **** like that once a week on the weekend usually, but sometimes I do tend to overindulge myself a little bit, but recently have been better about it.
    I think the one lb per week loss is what my goal is but generally im not sure if im doing enough cardio or eating too much or too little which seems to be the issue. My strength is coming back ( I had to take 2 months off due to a move, no gym access and an injury that was recovering ) but so far everything is going well, just want to hear from the community what would be best!
    the issue is eating too much and/or moving too little. i'd lower your calories to like 2000 if you're not losing anything on 2400
    Reply With Quote

  5. #5
    NASM-CPT xsquid99's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2013
    Location: Stanwood, Washington, United States
    Posts: 4,979
    Rep Power: 39508
    xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    xsquid99 is offline
    Originally Posted by faithbrah View Post
    the issue is eating too much and/or moving too little. i'd lower your calories to like 2000 if you're not losing anything on 2400
    This….

    I would have lowered my calories after 3 weeks of no weight loss instead of letting it drag out for 2 months.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

    Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.
    Reply With Quote

  6. #6
    Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2019
    Posts: 4,657
    Rep Power: 28580
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    TolerantLactose is offline
    Originally Posted by DylanBohbot View Post
    Im at 190 right now and I've been stuck here for about 2 months. My TDEE calculator says for my size, age (just turned 26) I should eat around 2400 calories a day. Honestly though during my bulk I was around 2800-3000 max.
    You have real life data from your bulk. Why did you go with a generic calculator instead?
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

    You are not required to set yourself on fire to keep others warm.
    Unknown
    Reply With Quote

  7. #7
    Registered User tamerz's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2011
    Age: 40
    Posts: 54
    Rep Power: 233
    tamerz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tamerz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tamerz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tamerz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tamerz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tamerz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tamerz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tamerz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tamerz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tamerz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tamerz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    tamerz is offline
    Lower you calories and see how your body react to it, i would reduce it to 2200 then 2000.
    Reply With Quote

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts