Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    Optimus Prime will defeat him.
    They could make Greek-system shirts for the variants like they do for universities.

“Hey ma, I got accepted in the Covid Omicron Variant (COV) house!”
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    I’m actually curious how many of us are vaccinated in the Nut section.

I am, and I know strawng and Heisman are…

Obviously your choice to share or not, but would be interesting to see what the distribution is.
    I am. I got 2 Pfizers in Aug-Sept after the USA donated a million and a half shots to Thailand. Mainly because the vax was hard to get here and I wanted to take that opportunity for a quality vax. At first I went for Astra but then turned around, wasn't really comfortable with it as some Astra is made in Thailand and those shots are unauthorized and unaccepted for international travel.
    Once upon a time (maxes 2020) ...
    Squat 185, Bench 137, DL 205, @ bw 88.5 age 43

Workout Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175647011&p=1630928323&viewfull=1#post1630928323

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    New variant and it isn’t even the midterms yet.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Wink

Dude the misc main is insane.. it’s not even vaccine hesitancy… it’s full-on “the shot is a weaponized combination of smallpox and magnetized dragon gizz that leaked from a frozen egg the Chinese were holding in a laboratory to engineer the fate of all mankind!”
    LMAO it's so bizarre!!! I never would've thought a fuking vaccine would be the #1 source of off-the-wall conspiracies in gym bros everywhere. I also find it pretty damn irritating that the exact same people who act like masks & social distancing are for pussies are the same paranoid tinfoil-hatters who are pissing their pants over getting a fuking vaccine.

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Heisman2 View Post
    This new variant is now called "Omicron". https://www.who.int/news/item/26-11-...Fes89Td0JtLU6k
    Coincidentally the b.1.1.529 also allows you to save money for college and the interest accrues tax free if used for tuition at an accredited university
    2 time survivor of The Great Misc Outages of 2022

Survivor of PHP/API Outage of Feb 2023

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Strawng View Post
    LMAO it's so bizarre!!! I never would've thought a fuking vaccine would be the #1 source of off-the-wall conspiracies in gym bros everywhere. I also find it pretty damn irritating that the exact same people who act like masks & social distancing are for pussies are the same paranoid tinfoil-hatters who are pissing their pants over getting a fuking vaccine.
    the 5G/nano robot/vaxxers will die conspiracies are dumb indeed, but there is also a ton of valid stuff that automatically gets labeled as a conspiracy theory because the discussion has become so polarized - you don't take the vaccine and you're an antivaxxer tin foil hat vs you take the vaccine and you're an obedient little sheep. personally i'm not scared of the side effects, but i can see why people are hesitant after 2 out of 3 vaccines were suspended in younger age groups

i don't go to the misc that much, but the actual conspiracy theories aren't that rampant imo. most unvaccinated people aren't tin foil hats, they're simply sceptical about the passport being used everywhere and needing like six vaccines to go to the gym or store in the future

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Saw the new James Bond movie yesterday. Now I know why its release was postponed. The central plot of the movie goes hand in hand with all the irl conspiracy theories of anti vaxxers.
    Current rankings:

EliKoehn: Sparrow
    Steffo: Opossum
    MTpockets: Opossum
    TolerantLactose: Opossum
    Faithbrah: Opossum
    SuicideGripMe: Opossum
    Air2Fakie: Opossum
    Camarija: Raccoon
    TearsOfIce: Fox
    Paulinkansas: Coyote
    Snails: Wolf

Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by faithbrah View Post
    i don't go to the misc that much, but the actual conspiracy theories aren't that rampant imo. most unvaccinated people aren't tin foil hats, they're simply sceptical about the passport being used everywhere and needing like six vaccines to go to the gym or store in the future
    On the misc., they are. I also know many people IRL who are legitimately scared chitless about the vax & not the virus. I’m not taking any moral standing here. Ik people who are so overly scared of covid that they legitimately think anti-vaxxers deserve to die. I also know anti-vaxxers who have absolutely no fear of covid, but are completely terrified of getting the vaccine because they think it will kill them or have some ridiculous horrific consequences. I’ve heard plenty of conspiracies about the vaccine being some tool for population control or weapon of corporate greed.

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    On the misc., they are. I also know many people IRL who are legitimately scared chitless about the vax & not the virus. I’m not taking any moral standing here. Ik people who are so overly scared of covid that they legitimately think anti-vaxxers deserve to die. I also know anti-vaxxers who have absolutely no fear of covid, but are completely terrified of getting the vaccine because they think it will kill them or have some ridiculous horrific consequences. I’ve heard plenty of conspiracies about the vaccine being some tool for population control or weapon of corporate greed.

Thats because the all-knowing Jenny McCarthy proved to them that autism and several other childhood diseases were caused by vaccines for school. Thus she launched a campaign where all the conspiracy sheeple refused to get their kids vaccinated for school. Who cares if previously eradicated diseases like measles, mumps, rubella, pertussis, and polio came back. When half the country’s population gets their medical advice from a playboy playmate, covid is the least of our concerns.

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by desslok View Post
    When half the country’s population gets their medical advice from a playboy playmate, covid is the least of our concerns.
    Or from a cartoon character
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    seems reasonable (not the fear, but your post). personally i'm just scared of enabling the possibly endless booster circus (once every 6 months?) if you want to go to work, store or gym, so i'll simply refrain from taking the jab until it's clear how many you really need to take. see post #40 from Eli, i think he sums it up well

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    seems reasonable (not the fear, but your post). personally i'm just scared of enabling the possibly endless booster circus (once every 6 months?) if you want to go to work, store or gym, so i'll simply refrain from taking the jab until it's clear how many you really need to take. see post #40 from Eli, i think he sums it up well
    That's reasonable concern and hesitance.

The misc goes way off the deep end into straight-up tin foil hat, big foot conspiracy territory.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

The misc goes way off the deep end into straight-up tin foil hat, big foot conspiracy territory.
    Agreed & agreed. I myself felt like I was gonna throw up today when I saw Moderna was “hard at work” on trying boosters that could “fight the Omicron variant”…

EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

This

And it is even worse, these days the Misc is full of Holocaust deniers.

While this subforum is turning into the Misc, the actual Misc is turning into a neonazi forum
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

Agreed & agreed. I myself felt like I was gonna throw up today when I saw Moderna was “hard at work” on trying boosters that could “fight the Omicron variant”…
    I just don't know what to expect...

I follow the science, I try to make reasonable decisions that don't hinge on fear or emotion, but I have to say certain things don't 'feel right' sometimes with all of this.

Even as someone who got the vaccine, I don't like the idea of pumping myself with MORE things to combat a virus that apparently is just going to sidestep every 4-5 months with a new variant, which means these pharma companies get to make more money over and over.

Plus there HAS been some genuinely concerning things coming out about the vaccine trials, funding, etc that just leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Originally Posted by EiFit91 View Post
    This

And it is even worse, these days the Misc is full of Holocaust deniers.

While this subforum is turning into the Misc, the actual Misc is turning into a neonazi forum
    Oh dude, tell me about it...

I've straight up argued with overt racists, anti-semites... you name it in that cesspool.

I had people in a vaccine thread tell me literally:

- The vaccine makes you a magnet
    - The vaccine will kill you in 4 months
    - The vaccine contains 5g technology and nano-bots (whatever that means)

And they were all SERIOUS

They also specifically said it was all plotted by the Jewish media.

It's beyond ridiculous.

jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I got Pfizer in May. I felt bad for a day - sleepy, muscular pain, bone pain. I was in a much better shape the second day.
    Probably I had the virus 2-3 months before Pfizer because I had the same symptoms for 5-6 days. Bones, muscles, wanting to sleep all day long, throat pain. I never checked.

My family members/relatives got the vaccine before me, they had no problem whatsoever. I don't know anyone who had severe reactions from it. Most of them did Pfizer, there were some problems with Astra Zeneca at that time Moderna wasn't that popular here.
    All the people that died from the virus that I knew directly or indirectly were unvaccinated.
    - guy I know had 5 relatives in a village, they all went to a wedding, got the virus and died. All with health problems, yeah.
    - 92 year old woman got the virus and survived. She was unvaccinated. Another member of her family, unvaccinated, 51 y.o., died.

People in my country don't want to get a vaccine because mostly due to fake news - most of them promoted by Russia to **** up EU:
    - Bill Gates wants to implant a chip in their f****** heads
    - the billionaires want to reduce the population to 500 millions or something like that
    - they want to kill the elderly and the sick because the system is collapsing and there aren't any more money
    - many don't believe the people are dying from the virus and they think the doctors are killing them in hospitals

I remember a news interview with a woman. She was asked why she didn't get a vaccine. She said she didn't want to become sterile from the vaccine. She was in her '60s... epic facepalm. Another fake theory promoted by someone who said that all people who get the vaccine will become sterile in 2 years.

Also, because someone knows someone who knows someone who had a severe reaction from the vaccine.

I am not saying there aren't severe reactions. I am not saying there isn't reasonable concern.

I am on 3 whatsapp groups that talk about different 'substances' that we are not allowed to talk here. Vitamin S and others. Many are afraid of the vaccine. But they are buying illegal stuff over the internet that can contain all kinds of fake ingredients, bought in bulk via China and encapsulated in who-knows-where, probably in some unsanitary dirty kitchen.

Rsurf72 is not very well liked. (-100) Rsurf72 is not very well liked. (-100) Rsurf72 is not very well liked. (-100) Rsurf72 is not very well liked. (-100) Rsurf72 is not very well liked. (-100) Rsurf72 is not very well liked. (-100) Rsurf72 is not very well liked. (-100) Rsurf72 is not very well liked. (-100) Rsurf72 is not very well liked. (-100) Rsurf72 is not very well liked. (-100) Rsurf72 is not very well liked. (-100)
    1 death is 1 death too many.
    Luckily the CDC says, even if you have all 5 of the high risk factors, your survival rate is still over 99.8%

Originally Posted by Rsurf72 View Post
    1 death is 1 death too many.
    Luckily the CDC says, even if you have all 5 of the high risk factors, your survival rate is still over 99.8%
    Would love to see your source for that number; all 5 risk factors

And if I wanted to play life in Hardcore mode I would get all 5 factors and try to survive covid. Change my name to desslokHC

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Stock up on what things?
    Toilet paper
    Rice
    Paper towels
    Diapers
    Fresh Meat
    Top ramen
    Tuna canned
    Tampons (yes there was a massive shortage, they were out everywhere)
    Bread
    Pasta/canned everything
    Cleaning products, bleach/windex

Does no one remember 2020

New variant

Post opt for cancer chit, I’m avoiding eating out/crowds/people in general too /close contact hugs etc even with friends/family.

My step mom got Covid after her booster :/
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

GayCumLord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GayCumLord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GayCumLord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GayCumLord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GayCumLord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GayCumLord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GayCumLord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GayCumLord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GayCumLord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GayCumLord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GayCumLord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    **** a booster

Originally Posted by snailsrus View Post
    Toilet paper
    Rice
    Paper towels
    Diapers
    Fresh Meat
    Top ramen
    Tuna canned
    Tampons (yes there was a massive shortage, they were out everywhere)
    Bread
    Pasta/canned everything
    Cleaning products, bleach/windex

Does no one remember 2020

New variant

Post opt for cancer chit, I’m avoiding eating out/crowds/people in general too /close contact hugs etc even with friends/family.

My step mom got Covid after her booster :/
    None of those items were an issue for me… not even one time…

I actually have a excess of hand sanitizer still left over

Rsurf72 is not very well liked. (-100) Rsurf72 is not very well liked. (-100) Rsurf72 is not very well liked. (-100) Rsurf72 is not very well liked. (-100) Rsurf72 is not very well liked. (-100) Rsurf72 is not very well liked. (-100) Rsurf72 is not very well liked. (-100) Rsurf72 is not very well liked. (-100) Rsurf72 is not very well liked. (-100) Rsurf72 is not very well liked. (-100) Rsurf72 is not very well liked. (-100)

Last time I crunched the numbers was probably 10 months ago
    Just go to the CDC website, grab a calculator, have at it, they have all the numbers available besides the actual percentages

Originally Posted by Rsurf72 View Post
    Last time I crunched the numbers was probably 10 months ago
    Just go to the CDC website, grab a calculator, have at it, they have all the numbers available besides the actual percentages
    I’m not going to go hunting down individual segment statistics and ‘crunch the numbers’… if you have something concrete I’m interested in seeing it, but it sounds like you just did the math on your own ? That’s not really a viable source for me

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by snailsrus View Post
    Toilet paper
    There was a shortage of that in early 2020 here. I went to an industrial supply place and bought a case of 96 rolls. Took them around to all my rental properties and gave them to 73 tenants. There was a shortage of ammunition too. Then there was a shortage of tenants for me.
    Current rankings:

EliKoehn: Sparrow
    Steffo: Opossum
    MTpockets: Opossum
    TolerantLactose: Opossum
    Faithbrah: Opossum
    SuicideGripMe: Opossum
    Air2Fakie: Opossum
    Camarija: Raccoon
    TearsOfIce: Fox
    Paulinkansas: Coyote
    Snails: Wolf

Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    There was a shortage of that in early 2020 here. I went to an industrial supply place and bought a case of 96 rolls. Took them around to all my rental properties and gave them to 73 tenants. There was a shortage of ammunition too. Then there was a shortage of tenants for me.
    It’s kind of artificial shortage tho. People didn’t poop any more than they did any other year. People freaked out cuz they’re dumb and created the problem.

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Take this with a grain of salt because there's not enough data yet...

"It presents mild disease with symptoms being sore muscles and tiredness for a day or two not feeling well. So far, we have detected that those infected do not suffer loss of taste or smell. They might have a slight cough. There are no prominent symptoms. Of those infected some are currently being treated at home.” Hospitals have NOT been overburdened by Omicron patients and the new strain has not been detected in vaccinated individuals there. We know those vaccinated from other countries infected have been mild or asymptomatic."
    https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/87949404.cms

Dr Angelique Coetzee, chair of the South African Medical Association and a practising GP based in Pretoria, said it was “premature” to make predictions of a health crisis.

“It’s all speculation at this stage. It may be it’s highly transmissible, but so far the cases we are seeing are extremely mild,” she said. “Maybe two weeks from now I will have a different opinion, but this is what we are seeing. So are we seriously worried? No. We are concerned and we watch what’s happening. But for now we’re saying, ‘OK: there’s a whole hype out there. [We’re] not sure why.’”

Coetzee said she would like to see the government embark on a push to get more people vaccinated, but added: “Unfortunately, it’s not only the responsibility of the government; it’s the responsibility of the public as well … You can only ask people so many times to go and get vaccinated, and if you don’t listen, then there’s consequences, and then you have to take the consequences.”
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...nt-vaccination

If true, this would be good news; if omicron is more contagious than delta and causes a milder form of disease it will replace delta and cause less health problems and less pressure on hospitals. Too early to tell of course.

Originally Posted by Mrpb View Post

If true, this would be good news; if omicron is more contagious than delta and causes a milder form of disease it will replace delta and cause less health problems and less pressure on hospitals. Too early to tell of course.
    Same symptoms as a good leg day?

Originally Posted by Mrpb View Post

Seems to me the variants keep getting less and less severe in their symptoms, and yet the alarm when they find a new one just keeps getting more pronounced.

Eventually, we'll probably have a variant that literally shows no symptoms... at which point, what exactly will the point of a booster even be?

Seems to me the variants keep getting less and less severe in their symptoms, and yet the alarm when they find a new one just keeps getting more pronounced.

Eventually, we'll probably have a variant that literally shows no symptoms... at which point, what exactly will the point of a booster even be?
    I saw a meme early on in the lockdown with caption:

Imagine a virus so deadly that you have to get tested to see if you’ve had it.