View Poll Results: Which is your favorite Thanksgiving food?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Turkey

2 15.38%
  • Mashed potatoes and gravy

3 23.08%
  • Dressing

1 7.69%
  • Green bean casserole

1 7.69%
  • Ham

2 15.38%
  • Dinner rolls

0 0%
  • Cranberry sauce

0 0%
  • Pumpkin pie

2 15.38%
  • Creamed corn

0 0%
  • Sweet potatoes

2 15.38%
    EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

What is your favorite traditional Thanksgiving dish?

Happy Thanksgiving everyone

Those of you who do not celebrate Thanksgiving in their countries are most likely nevertheless aware of our national holiday in the US and have presumably at some point experienced the foods we annually prepare for this event.

Which is your favorite? I realize some are entrees, some are side dishes, and some are desserts, but that doesn't mean that one doesn't appeal to you in particular.

Unpopular opinion: the Turkey itself is fine but it's not that exciting to me. Many seem to make a highlight of the bird and it's basically like eating gamier chicken, something a large number of us already have routinely and would likely enjoy a break from.

Green bean casserole is mine. The French's onions, the cream of mushroom soup, the flavor from the green beans, etc., is really unique and delicious, and I wish this dish wasn't seasonal.

Runner ups are pumpkin pie and mashed potatoes.
    Bench: 350
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Carb up with the mashed taters…
    "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

Old Guy deadlifting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zMrim-0Dks
    bench press https://youtu.be/GaRzfueJVJQ

Every workout is GAME DAY!

Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Give me that pumpkin pie. I could eat a whole one from Costco for $5.99

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I actually never liked turkey even though that was usually the main dish growing up. I make a mean mashed potatoes using Martha Stewart’s recipe and that is my go to dish. Its a side dish, a spread for sandwiches, and a great snack by itself.
    2 time survivor of The Great Misc Outages of 2022

Survivor of PHP/API Outage of Feb 2023

Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    For me it’s sweet potatoes followed closely by pie of any kind. I’ll typically have slices of every single pie available if there’s more than one.

& yes, I do of course particularly love sweet potato pie

Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by desslok View Post
    Its a side dish, a spread for sandwiches, and a great snack by itself.
    …but is it a sauce?

& I’ve never heard of mp as a sandwich topping, but I’m VERY intrigued. Why is this not more popular?

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Strawng View Post
    For me it’s sweet potatoes followed closely by pie of any kind. I’ll typically have slices of every single pie available if there’s more than one.

I do the same thing. It takes some skill though. You have to survey the whole landscape and try to find all the pies to judge how much of the main meal you are going to eat. I was once at a Thanksgiving dinner where everyone brought something and there was 5 different pies. People asked why I was eating so little turkey and side dishes, but nobody questioned me having a decent sized piece of every pie.

…but is it a sauce?

& I’ve never heard of mp as a sandwich topping, but I’m VERY intrigued. Why is this not more popular?
    I have used it as a dip before. And as a “reverse dip”. A reverse dip is when you put MP on your fork and use it like a sticky hand to mop up peas and other small bits of food. A sort of edible glue if you will.

Yeah day after sandwiches should have sliced turkey, MP spread, gravy and cranberry sauce at a minimum.

If you want to get fancy, spread MP on the outside and press it on a panini press or foreman grill etc.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

This

Green bean casserole is also hnnnng
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Not an american, but:
    1. I ****ing love pumpkin pie so it's no 1 for me. Not when you **** it, like that American fellow did in American Pie, but when you eat it. Had to be said... can lead to a lot of confusion.
    2. Mashed potatoes
    3. Sweet potatoes

The green bean looks tasty, but I never had it.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by jaxqen View Post
    1. I ****ing love pumpkin pie so it's no 1 for me. Not when you **** it, like that American fellow did in American Pie, but when you eat it.
    That was apple pie.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Originally Posted by jaxqen View Post
    Not an american, but:
    1. I ****ing love pumpkin pie so it's no 1 for me. Not when you **** it, like that American fellow did in American Pie, but when you eat it. Had to be said... can lead to a lot of confusion.
    2. Mashed potatoes
    3. Sweet potatoes

The green bean looks tasty, but I never had it.
    That was actually a warm apple pie?

I do the same thing. It takes some skill though. You have to survey the whole landscape and try to find all the pies to judge how much of the main meal you are going to eat. I was once at a Thanksgiving dinner where everyone brought something and there was 5 different pies. People asked why I was eating so little turkey and side dishes, but nobody questioned me having a decent sized piece of every pie.
    Dasitmane!!! I've been in the exact same situation on many an occasion

I have used it as a dip before. And as a “reverse dip”. A reverse dip is when you put MP on your fork and use it like a sticky hand to mop up peas and other small bits of food. A sort of edible glue if you will.

Yeah day after sandwiches should have sliced turkey, MP spread, gravy and cranberry sauce at a minimum.

If you want to get fancy, spread MP on the outside and press it on a panini press or foreman grill etc.
    I'm a major "reverse dipper" myself & will 100% try that. I've never added all the sides like gravy & cranberry sauce before, but why the fuk not?! Idk why I never thought of it before.

Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    This

Green bean casserole is also hnnnng
    Agreed. I'd say that's a VERY close runner-up to sweet potatoes and pie to me.

Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    That was apple pie.
    That was actually a warm apple pie?
    This. First of all, pumpkin pie wouldn't have nearly enough friction. Also, if your "loving" ever feels anything like cold pumpkin pie...I think you're doing something wrong, dude...

Also, if your "loving" ever feels anything like cold pumpkin pie...I think you're doing something wrong, dude...
    Yep, thats a yeast infection. DAMHIK

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    And there will not be a poll on the nutrition forum which does not become sexualized lol...

Mashed potatoes winning doesn't surprise me.
    Bench: 350
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    And there will not be a poll on the nutrition forum which does not become sexualized lol...

Mashed potatoes winning doesn't surprise me.

Pterodactyl314 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Pterodactyl314 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Pterodactyl314 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Pterodactyl314 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Pterodactyl314 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Pterodactyl314 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Pterodactyl314 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Pterodactyl314 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Pterodactyl314 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Pterodactyl314 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Pterodactyl314 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Dirty rice