Unfortunate1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Lightbulb choosing power rack setup, unlimited budget

I am trying to decide on a power rack for my home gym. I need it shipped to the middle of the Pacific via ocean freight, so I want to buy everything I'll ever want all at once. Budget is not a constraint, though I expect to spend under 10k. I'm looking at Rogue because they make quality stuff and they sell many things, so I can most of what I need from one shipment.

Sadly I do still have constraints: space. My space is 11' (wall to wall) by 9' (wall to open space) and I have 8'3" height. I'll orient the rack so I enter from the 11' direction. I hope 9' is enough space on the sides to load plates on the barbell. Using a Rogue C-70S bar (72"), I have 18" from the end of the bar to the wall.

I'm considering a 4' power rack (eg RM-4). I hope to have plate storage on the rack. I'm interested in bench press, squats, pull ups, dips, lat pull down, rows.

The Slinger + weight stack would prevent using safeties inside the rack. Using plates is a little better, but I'd rather not put safeties on/off.

I came across Coop's squat rack, where he uses the Rhino + Slinger. That looks super cool! However, I want to bench press inside the rack. Does the Rhino in a 4' rack prevent that? Seems like it would.

If I use a 6' rack + the Rhino sticking out ~21" then I'm left with 28.5" from the rack to the wall -- not enough.

I looked at the lever arms, but I guess I don't have much use for them since I'll have a barbell and dumbbells.

There's other items I plan on getting (Nuobells, dip attachment, etc) but for now I'm stuck on the power rack and how I could make the Rhino work. Any help is appreciated!

Is the only answer to bench press outside the rack using spotter arms? I guess that could work fine, though I had envisioned being inside the rack. In that case, is there any advantage to using a 4' rack with the Rhino? Should I get the Rhino that comes with a 2' rack?
    Last edited by Unfortunate1; 11-23-2021 at 11:16 AM.

heavily caffeinated grapegorilla's Avatar
    grapegorilla is just really nice. (+1000) grapegorilla is just really nice. (+1000) grapegorilla is just really nice. (+1000) grapegorilla is just really nice. (+1000) grapegorilla is just really nice. (+1000) grapegorilla is just really nice. (+1000) grapegorilla is just really nice. (+1000) grapegorilla is just really nice. (+1000) grapegorilla is just really nice. (+1000) grapegorilla is just really nice. (+1000) grapegorilla is just really nice. (+1000)
    I think that if you want plate storage on the rack that you'll need a 6-post rack. Also what plates are you looking at? With that shorty bar can you get 2x45 lbs bumpers on it with collars? (Edit: looks like it can take 3+collar)

That Rhino is cool, but as you noted it is a platform so a-is, no you can't bench in there.

Why not turn it 90 degrees and go with something like a Rogue Monster Lite Cave?
    Last edited by grapegorilla; 11-24-2021 at 12:38 PM.
    ▪[]─────[]▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #80 ▪[]─────[]▪
    ▪[M]====[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #13 ▪[M]====[6]▪

It seems likely that barbell training would be more efficiently performed if it had more in common with engineering than with astrology -- Rippetoe

BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I get you're interested in Rogue equipment. But considering your space constraints, and the fact you want a pulley system, and a belt squat. I think REP's offerings actually fit your needs better.

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by BiGx5MurF View Post
    I get you're interested in Rogue equipment. But considering your space constraints, and the fact you want a pulley system, and a belt squat. I think REP's offerings actually fit your needs better.
    I'd say the Prime HLP racks are an even better fit, but I can't imagine the shipping cost. Probably actually push the $10k budget. They are also half racks so no bench/squat inside the rack. No belt squat option either.

I'm looking at the Rogue deep dish plates: 45lb is 1.97", 25lb is 1.35". C-70S has an 8.875" sleeve and Eleiko Öppen collar is 1.46", so 3x45lb + collar as you said.

I'm not huge so I'm planning (pairs): 45lb x1, 25lb x2, 10lb x2, 5lb x2. With 3x6" storage pins on the rear upright I can store the 45x1 + 25x2 down low, then 10x2 and 5x2 above. Collar + all those plates adds up to 8.87" which funny enough fits on the bar just barely, giving 283lbs (including the 15kg bar). That seems enough for me. With the Rhino I could leave plates on that, so maybe I should grab a couple more.

I've thought about the Rhino more. With 24" between uprights, the floor plate only allows placing the bench 3" back from the front upright -- not enough for bench press. 30" between uprights allows 9", probably enough for bench press but not incline. 43" between uprights allows 22", should be plenty.

Given that, I'm considering the RM-4 + Rhino drop-in. I'd use spotter arms to bench and squat outside the rack.

I mentioned that setup to a Rogue rep and they said the Slinger + Rhino "is not a set up that we have tested" (really?) and it "would be very limited in its functionality and we would not recommend this set up". I've asked WTF he thinks I should do, since AFAIK Rogue doesn't have alternatives. Slinger + weight stack prevents lifting in the rack (no safeties), no belt squat. Slinger + plates is OK but not great and no belt squat. Also a center mounted pulley would be better as it doesn't occupy an upright.

@grapegorilla, the Rogue Monster Lite Cave is cool, but takes up a lot of space and lacks the Rhino. My old man back appreciates the belt squat!

@BiGx5MurF, hmm seems you're right. I see REP has lat/row and belt squat. It seems less hacky than the RM-4 + Rhino. REP's website sucks though: most products have only one picture, they don't give dimensions for their racks or attachments. I'll go off and watch some review videos, I need to see how the PR-5000 + lat + belt squat compares to the RM-4 + Rhino.

@radrd, Prime looks interesting, thanks! I've only had a quick glance, but the weight stacks are convenient and the functional movement is cool. I'd still want a bar and plates, which looks doable though without plate storage. No belt squat seems to be the major disadvantage.

Edit: Back from research!

REP looks OK. It seems that the rack quality is quite good but due to being more budget oriented, the attachments a little less good. I see it's not ideal without the belt squat platform (in the REP video they suggest standing on plates).

Prime looks really nice. It's super high quality stuff, the pulleys, weight stacks, bench are all great. It checks all the boxes except belt squat and possibly plate storage. I wonder if there's some sort of platform that would let me use the low pulley for belt squat? There are some minor downsides, like it doesn't have many holes and only in one direction, stickers instead of laser cuts or badges.
    Last edited by Unfortunate1; 11-24-2021 at 04:07 PM.

1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000) 1651Naismith is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I would strongly recommend ordering more plates. Especially the small, change plates (<5 lbs). Assuming you use the rack and get stronger, you could easily grow out of those plates. Additionally, bundling everything at once will have a lower shipping cost than ordering a few plates later.
    []---[] Equipment Crew #73 []---[]
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #78 []---[]
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #20 ||---||

BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Unfortunate1 View Post

REP looks OK. It seems that the rack quality is quite good but due to being more budget oriented, the attachments a little less good. I see it's not ideal without the belt squat platform (in the REP video they suggest standing on plates).
    For attachments that only use 1 hole, you can use attachments from other manufacturers. https://www.tworepcave.com/3006/powe...y-master-list/

Also, is there a reason you're set on 1" hardware for attachments? IMO, the cost difference between 1" and 5/8" is better put in extra weight. Especially if you're gonna use the lat/row/belt squat regularly. Using a rack attached lat/row myself, loading and unloading it got really old really quick, and I ended up buying plates just to leave on it.

@1651Naismith, you're probably right that getting a few more is smart, will do!

@BiGx5MurF, good point, but the lat/row and belt squat attachments are the main reason to choose Rep. I'm not sure I'll be happy with those. I'm not tied to 1" holes, that's just usually what the fanciest racks have. Noted on the extra plates!

I'm torn on the rack, gave myself a headache. Hack something together with Rogue and have great belt squats? Give up belt squats and go with Prime? In that case Legend is an option (they have a lat pull down module) but Prime is looking hard to beat.

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Prime looks really nice. It's super high quality stuff, the pulleys, weight stacks, bench are all great. It checks all the boxes except belt squat and possibly plate storage. I wonder if there's some sort of platform that would let me use the low pulley for belt squat? There are some minor downsides, like it doesn't have many holes and only in one direction, stickers instead of laser cuts or badges.
    Prime does offer plate storage for their rack, so you can add that too if you want it. Five posts on each side. I'd like it if there were six but five works okay. I posted some thoughts and impressions on page 2 of this thread, which is also on the first page: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=178710291

Here are all of the Prime attachments available: https://primefitnessusa.com/power-rack-attachments/

Cool, thanks for confirming the weight storage. I thought they would, but I only see tiny holes on the side of the rear upright. Do manufacturers really think we only want to see one picture of the damn product?! Dimensions of the attachments? Nah!

Also thanks for the thread, it was very interesting to read your similar journey. I find the complaining about $700 shipping hilarious. I recently shipped 600lbs, 65" x 45" x 40" to Hawaii door-to-door for $2000.

Sounds like Prime has pretty poor customer service though. Hopefully I'll see better.

In other news, I came across an announcement by Rep that they'll (someday) release "Ares", a double weight stack pulley system for their 6 post rack. Costs is $2k+.

I just came across the Sorinex J-squat. Looks cool! Any idea if I could make it work with the Prime?! Wait they have a standalone, do I have room!?

Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Have you looked at Megatec and Barbarian equipment out of Australia? Might be less shipping. Maybe consider a rack, smith machine, functional trainer, lat pulldown combo. Your space is limited. 1 piece might be about it.
    https://samsfitness.com.au/image/cac...em-800x800.jpg

Many here will not agree, but Smith squats are way easier on the back than regular squats. Might be an option to belt squats. Belt squats are one of the easier to hack. A couple pylo boxes, loading pin, and belt is all you need.

I just came across the Sorinex J-squat. Looks cool! Any idea if I could make it work with the Prime?! Wait they have a standalone, do I have room!?
    I think you could make it work with Prime but I wouldn't bother. You'd probably have to unbolt it every time you wanted to use the rack for anything other than belt squats. If you just want squat variety, I'd look at a Kabuki Transformer bar.

jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jdboyd78 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If you are interested in that, I'd look at it with their adjustable jammer arms, setup will run about 1500 plus shipping, but gives you a ton of movement options. I've been thinking of adding this to my rack for a while.

@Greybird2, I've not used a Smith machine, only heard the typical straight up/down warnings. Not sure I'd like it. Shipping is probably still a lot, Hawaii is ~5k miles from Australia and ~2.5k from the US west coast. I don't mind paying it, gear functionality and quality is more important.

@radrd, agreed, wrestling a lever arm on and off is no good. The Transformer bar looks cool, but still puts the load on the spine.

@jdboyd78, I'd like jammer arms and looked at Rogue and Sorinex, but I also want a pulley system. I think I'm pretty set on the Prime and would be OK giving up jammer arms for it. The J-squat comes as a standalone unit and could work.

I've been looking at a separate machine just for belt squats, that plus the Prime would be perfect if I can make it fit. I've got 16'x11' (487x335cm) to fit: Prime, belt squat, treadmill, rower, Nuobells. Some options with mockups for fitting them in my space:

(I can't post links yet, you'll have to copy/paste the image links, sorry. Also ignore that the rack looks like a Rogue, pretend it's a Prime and try to imagine a bunch of ugly green knobs!)

Sorinex J-squat Expensive but good build quality, doesn't take up a huge amount of space, has weight storage. One thing it doesn't have is handles for stability.
    i.imgur.com/j6HNwt4.jpg

Rhino It's very nice, but a little cramped in my space.
    i.imgur.com/zXUmmMy.jpg

Squatmax It's interesting and doesn't take much room, but a bit of a pain to load plates vertically in a hole.
    i.imgur.com/JGlQswj.jpg

Edge Fitness belt squat + hip extension combo It's a lever arm that's flat when all the way down. The hip extension is a bonus, I could alternatively go for the deluxe belt squat which is a little smaller. It looks a little unprofessional, for example weights are loaded onto a square bar. Maybe the build quality isn't great?
    i.imgur.com/ukmn0SV.jpg

Titan belt squat Cheapest option, works mostly OK, some build quality issues.

Matt Wenning’s belt squat It's super wide (91.5"!).

Did I miss any good ones? Of these, the Sorinex J-squat seems to work best for me.

Edit: Just came across this video:
    youtube.com/watch?v=Ze6gM5NaV7o
    He shows when the J-squat is empty, the arm can be raised and locked straight up, so it takes up very little space!
    Last edited by Unfortunate1; 11-25-2021 at 03:33 PM.

C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Just a thought - I have Mech6's belt squat which is similar to the Sorinex J Squat. I store mine vertically leaning back into the wall with a chain from above. Now mine sits in the back portion of my very large 6 post so I have it positioned so I can use the same rack handles I use for Safety Squat Bar but it's an amazing space saving solution. I keep my rower, treadmill, belt squat all stored vertically and often one bench at a time but both flat and FI Adjustable can be verticle. Opens up space.

Prime HLP is awesome looking. If I was buying again I'd look hard at that. They are located right near me (Western PA). My gym is in my signature. Only major change is the GHD is gone, moved my Reverse Hyper in its place, and put in an Inspire FTX in the corner where the RH was. I also put a shelf on the wall to store more stuff and shoes.
    ▪█─────█▪ Rogue Barbell Crew #27 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Mech6 Crew #26 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #83 ▪█─────█▪

Haven't been able to "rep" many of you for a year or more...not for lack of trying.

Home Gym: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1615740991&viewfull=1#post1615740991

I tried to find the Mech6 belt squat. It's made by a user on these forums but he seems to have stopped making them. It looks cool though, like the J-squat as you said, without weight storage. Your gym looks great! Cool monolifts.

Keeping it in the back of the rack is great! The Sorinex is a little big, the base is 31"x32". It fits if I don't use the weight storage, but the bench may hit it when lifting off the front uprights. Maybe I could keep something else in there though, like the dumbbell stand.

My Woodway treadmill is 445lbs, if I tip her over I don't think she's coming back!

The rower I haven't got yet but it'll be Aviron. They have a fixed and collapsible model. With the fixed, I have ~57" from the rail to the rack:
    i.imgur.com/D3X9E4K.jpg
    That's with the rower in a usable position, I could push it away another ~10". I think that'll be enough room and I can get the fixed model. I expect fixed is better, else why would they offer both collapsible and fixed?!

C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I tried to find the Mech6 belt squat. It's made by a user on these forums but he seems to have stopped making them. It looks cool though, like the J-squat as you said, without weight storage. Your gym looks great! Cool monolifts.

Keeping it in the back of the rack is great! The Sorinex is a little big, the base is 31"x32". It fits if I don't use the weight storage, but the bench may hit it when lifting off the front uprights. Maybe I could keep something else in there though, like the dumbbell stand.

My Woodway treadmill is 445lbs, if I tip her over I don't think she's coming back!

The rower I haven't got yet but it'll be Aviron. They have a fixed and collapsible model. With the fixed, I have ~57" from the rail to the rack:
    i.imgur.com/D3X9E4K.jpg
    That's with the rower in a usable position, I could push it away another ~10". I think that'll be enough room and I can get the fixed model. I expect fixed is better, else why would they offer both collapsible and fixed?!
    Mech doesn't really build much anymore but occasionally puts out something - last was the belt squat - and always a top notch design. His base needed to be either locked into a rack or bolted down to the floor which keeps it small footprint. Not sure if he ever offered standalone. You could probably have something fabricated for the Sorinex if you were okay bolting it down. Massive reduction in footprint. Mech did my monos, reverse hyper, frame for my fat pad, belt squat, and I have his strap safety attachments for my rack as well. He used to build full racks and all accessories - gorgeous stuff. Pics in this forum in his thread and a number of others. If you search Jtaliani he had multiple racks and items. Alex (can't recall his user name - Alextheman maybe?) has a thread in here. He lives close and has a number of items as well including one of the two functional trainers Mech built. From what he's said this was a hobby for him and he built what he wanted. Obviously other responsibilities and life take priority - as they should (they certainly do for me). Love his stuff though!

I can't speak to Aviron rowers but Concept2 is the standard. Runs forever and parts forever should you ever need them. Every top team and competitor uses them unless someone else is paying them. Stands up for storage or breaks into 2 if you want. Fast put together and apart. I'd be hard pressed to buy anything different.

May rack with the belt squat is an RML-690 which has excessive space in weight storage as well as main area. That said, it fits and works for me but may not work as well in a regular rack. Also my rack isn't as close to the wall as there's a bump out by that door for some house equipment inside. That gives me even more space to accommodate the belt squat and ended up perfect. Your mileage may vary so I'd measure but just ideas that may save you space. Certainly helped me and got the vertical chain idea from someone else here.
    ▪█─────█▪ Rogue Barbell Crew #27 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Mech6 Crew #26 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #83 ▪█─────█▪

Haven't been able to "rep" many of you for a year or more...not for lack of trying.

Home Gym: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1615740991&viewfull=1#post1615740991

I don't mind bolting down. I'm doing an Amarco Prime-Sport rubber floor and had planned to bolt the rack. The Prime HLP is heavy and may not need it, we'll see. If I got rid of the Sorinex base I'd have a new problem: where to store the squat plates. The J-squat's felt weight is 60%, so I need quite a few plates. My plan is 4x45lb and 5x25lb on the J-squat plus the rest I listed above on the Prime, plus a few extras. I'm sure I'll store something in the rack, at least spotter arms for when the pulleys are in use.

I've spent many hours arranging the room in 3D and I can't find a better setup than I showed before:
    i.imgur.com/j6HNwt4.jpg
    I walked around it in VR and it doesn't feel cramped. I'm getting hyped! Even though it'll be months before it's all setup. No word from Prime yet.

I hear you on the Concept2. I've used it and it works well. The Aviron is more of a toy/experiment, it has a screen with games, etc. My hope is the entertainment helps the wife and I use it more. I can happily run 6 miles but rowing feels a bit harder to push it.

@radrd, agreed, wrestling a lever arm on and off is no good. The Transformer bar looks cool, but still puts the load on the spine.
    I'm a belt squat fan and have one by Mech6 that I like a lot, but do you have issues that you need to work around and avoid loading your spine? If not, I wouldn't go out of my way to avoid doing so. The point is to get stronger and you'll get a stronger back by doing back squats.

I have in the past, though not right now. Still I like the idea of having belt squats available. If I don't go for the J-squat then I have the even bigger problem of what do I put in that space!? It's about 60"x70".

kis55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kis55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kis55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kis55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kis55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kis55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kis55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kis55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kis55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kis55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kis55 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I am trying to decide on a power rack for my home gym. I need it shipped to the middle of the Pacific via ocean freight, so I want to buy everything I'll ever want all at once. Budget is not a constraint, though I expect to spend under 10k. I'm looking at Rogue because they make quality stuff and they sell many things, so I can most of what I need from one shipment.

Sadly I do still have constraints: space. My space is 11' (wall to wall) by 9' (wall to open space) and I have 8'3" height. I'll orient the rack so I enter from the 11' direction. I hope 9' is enough space on the sides to load plates on the barbell. Using a Rogue C-70S bar (72"), I have 18" from the end of the bar to the wall.

I'm considering a 4' power rack (eg RM-4). I hope to have plate storage on the rack. I'm interested in bench press, squats, pull ups, dips, lat pull down, rows.

The Slinger + weight stack would prevent using safeties inside the rack. Using plates is a little better, but I'd rather not put safeties on/off.

I came across Coop's squat rack, where he uses the Rhino + Slinger. That looks super cool! However, I want to bench press inside the rack. Does the Rhino in a 4' rack prevent that? Seems like it would.

If I use a 6' rack + the Rhino sticking out ~21" then I'm left with 28.5" from the rack to the wall -- not enough.

I looked at the lever arms, but I guess I don't have much use for them since I'll have a barbell and dumbbells.

There's other items I plan on getting (Nuobells, dip attachment, etc) but for now I'm stuck on the power rack and how I could make the Rhino work. Any help is appreciated!

Is the only answer to bench press outside the rack using spotter arms? I guess that could work fine, though I had envisioned being inside the rack. In that case, is there any advantage to using a 4' rack with the Rhino? Should I get the Rhino that comes with a 2' rack?
    Hi, thought i'd give my 2cents since i just upgraded to a Rogue rack and rhino belt squat. First, my space is 13' wide and roughly 20' long, but for the rack area I'm using roughly 9' width. I have the RM 6, but have it as one 30" section for the belt squat, and another 30" section for the squatting and benching area. The 9 foot width is fine with a regular bar. As far as total depth, the rack plus drop in belt squat takes up a little over 100" in space. I think for you your best bet is a 4 post RM 3, with a drop in, you would technically be benching and squatting outside the rack and would need spotter arms. I might reconfigure mine to that set up at some point as space gets tight in my gym space. Good luck!

Thanks kis55! Congrats on your new rack and Rhino!

The RM-3 with a drop-in Rhino gives 9" past the front upright for the bench legs (and RM-4 gives 22"). 9" should allow bench press off the front upright, but maybe not incline bench press. Still it's a great setup and was my top choice for quite a while.

Currently the Prime HLP is my top choice. It's hard to beat the 1:1 pulldown, double 2:1 high/low pulleys, and 350lb weight stacks. I'll use spotter arms for bench/squats outside the rack. Just waiting for Prime to get back to me about cost/shipping!

@kis55, have you tried adding a pulley to the top center of your rack, so you can connect it to the Rhino? That gives you a lat pulldown, like this with Slinger:
    youtube.com/watch?v=WpU7YUk6X5E
    He also shows doing low rows with the Rhino, just need pegs for your feet.

Here's someone else who did it with a Surplus Strength high pulley:
    reddit.com/r/homegym/comments/pmtzp9/coop_squat_officially_completed/
    That seems better than the Slinger since it doesn't stick up as much (2") and doesn't require buying a front-to-back crossmember.

Edit: Prime "inside sales" bounced me to the "sales director" who bounced me to a distributor in Hawaii. Their page shows it at $9k:
    tfusa.net/collections/prime/products/prime-prodigy-hlp-selectorized-rack-package
    MSRP is $5.5k, so I wonder what their price covers. Their shipping page says they receive the order in Honolulu and another company takes over getting them to other islands BUT only to the port, not to my door. Pretty nuts! If the distributor is playing games I'll check into shipping the Prime gear to an expeditor and having them get it to my door in Hawaii.
    Last edited by Unfortunate1; 11-29-2021 at 05:50 PM.

Finally following this up -- I ordered the selectorized HLP. Customer service was passable but not great, short responses. They screwed up sending a color sample and didn't apologize or fix it. Ended up going red, then I'll get rid of the remaining green and it should look pretty cool. It's annoying they don't make it clear what comes with the rack -- it comes with J-hooks and spotter arms. It was stupidly expensive but YOLO, it gives me a lot for my small space. Shipped it to a freight forwarder and will batch it with other items to get it to Hawaii, shipping was still 2k.