Thread: Stuck

Prospekt117 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Stuck

Hi

149kg, circa 30-35% Bodyfat. Don't seem to be able to lose weight.

I am hella stuck. Don't know why. Here's my daily routine

Morning: water + lemon juice and seeds + fiber (psyllum husk), drank slowly....

After some time, fast breaking (this might be a sticking point): I put a bit of egg yolk, coconut oil, and olive oil in a coffee (very small amounts)
    to break my fast as I've read that it's good for mental sharpness, and it primes my body to burn fat

Throughout the day I make some bad decisions but usually very small, like say, cappuccino with a yellow cream croissant

In general I pair my carbs with protein and at evening time I have a smoothie of green veggies, one scoop of whey and some almond butter.

I don't eat fish regularly, I really don't like it but Fish oil makes me gain fat/makes me puff up

Only time I ever lost weight was when I supplemented with Alcar but I tried doing keto for some time and after that Alcar just made me gain fat (???)

No idea what to do. Any help?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    The thing is... none of what you've written above has much to do with fat loss.

We need to know
    a) How many calories per day you are consuming - and are you accurately weighing and measuring everything that passes your lips.
    b) Are you weighing yourself regularly - if so, for how long have you been doing this at a reliable calorie level? A minimum of 2 weeks of daily weigh ins is usually required. Please post daily weigh in data if you want an estimate of rate of loss

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    The thing is... none of what you've written above has much to do with fat loss.

We need to know
    a) How many calories per day you are consuming - and are you accurately weighing and measuring everything that passes your lips.
    b) Are you weighing yourself regularly - if so, for how long have you been doing this at a reliable calorie level? A minimum of 2 weeks of daily weigh ins is usually required. Please post daily weigh in data if you want an estimate of rate of loss
    Thanks for the reply. i don't normally weigh myself but I did this morning and I'm 149kg, 2meters.
    I don't really weigh my food but I will I guess, I work a lot and barely have time or mind to weigh my foods.

Thank you for all the advice!

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    You seem to have put some thought into the eating plan in your first post. Try redirecting your efforts to at least estimating calories - I would recommend keeping it under 2000. Weigh yourself every morning and write it down. In 2 weeks see if you are still the same weight.

hatemylife57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hatemylife57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hatemylife57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hatemylife57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hatemylife57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hatemylife57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hatemylife57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hatemylife57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hatemylife57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hatemylife57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) hatemylife57 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Prospekt117 View Post
    Hi

149kg, circa 30-35% Bodyfat. Don't seem to be able to lose weight.

I am hella stuck. Don't know why. Here's my daily routine

Morning: water + lemon juice and seeds + fiber (psyllum husk), drank slowly....

After some time, fast breaking (this might be a sticking point): I put a bit of egg yolk, coconut oil, and olive oil in a coffee (very small amounts)
    to break my fast as I've read that it's good for mental sharpness, and it primes my body to burn fat

Throughout the day I make some bad decisions but usually very small, like say, cappuccino with a yellow cream croissant

In general I pair my carbs with protein and at evening time I have a smoothie of green veggies, one scoop of whey and some almond butter.

I don't eat fish regularly, I really don't like it but Fish oil makes me gain fat/makes me puff up

Only time I ever lost weight was when I supplemented with Alcar but I tried doing keto for some time and after that Alcar just made me gain fat (???)

No idea what to do. Any help?
    How bad do u want it?? I fasted long and did lots of walking...

Originally Posted by hatemylife57 View Post
    How bad do u want it?? I fasted long and did lots of walking...
    Seems to me like the things that would help me lose weight actually make me fat: I train really hard at times, so might have overtrained, I walk a ton but it seems to not do much. I come and go to the gym on foot or on a bike but I still am not losing weight...

Also some Multivitamins cause me to puff up...Not sure if it's vitamin / mineral deficiency, or what.

There's diabetes in some of my family too...

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Seems to me like the things that would help me lose weight actually make me fat: I train really hard at times, so might have overtrained, I walk a ton but it seems to not do much. I come and go to the gym on foot or on a bike but I still am not losing weight...

Also some Multivitamins cause me to puff up...Not sure if it's vitamin / mineral deficiency, or what.

it could be that you're eating like 3500 calories (let's assume you burn the same amount), this causes you to maintain weight instead of losing it. this is why counting calories is the most efficient solution

Chocolate nipples of peac Muzzlrpress's Avatar
    Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Exercise is a small fraction of weight loss. The biggest difference is what you do in the kitchen. Weigh your food, track your calories. If you're being lazy about it, you don't want it bad enough. If you have time to post on forums, you have time to track your food.

Download the myfitnesspal app and track your food. Do not count your exercise calories.

You're 149kgs, you aren't gonna be stuck for a long time. Do what needs to be done. The gym is the fun part. The food is the hard part.
    ***The Misadventires of Gandalf the Black***
    **Best Meet Lifts***/***Best Gym Lifts*** (strength status: retired)
    S/457.5 ~ 450x3
    B/325 ~ 315x5/350x1
    D/512.6 ~ 495x3
    ***Big Dock Crew***
    ***Block Crew***
    ***High Tast Crew***
    ****2019 Azsthetics Crew****

Only an excess of calories will cause FAT gain. The fluid levels in your body can vary by quite a lot due to changes in diet - but that will right itself in the end and should not concern you.

If your family has a history of diabetes, I would recommend a restricted diet where you only eat meat, eggs, salad vegtables and small portions of starch vegetables like carrots, beans, sweet potatos. You can eat until you feel reasonably full and probably will still be in a calorie deficit.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Eat. Less. Food.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

Train hard play harder Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The only way to lose fat is to be in a weekly calorie deficit consistently for months at a time.

No fatloss= eating\drinking more calories than you're burning every week.

Start by eliminating liquid calories and processed carbs like cookies, chips, white bread, etc. Just doing that will kickstart fatloss and give you time to learn to count and track calories in the meantime.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

tamerz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tamerz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tamerz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tamerz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tamerz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tamerz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tamerz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tamerz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tamerz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tamerz will become famous soon enough. (+50) tamerz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    You seem to have put some thought into the eating plan in your first post. Try redirecting your efforts to at least estimating calories - I would recommend keeping it under 2000. Weigh yourself every morning and write it down. In 2 weeks see if you are still the same weight.
    I second that, if you cannot measure it you cannot improve it.