sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000)

Another death from unsafe weightlifting

For your friends and relations who think they are invincible & don't need a safety mechanism or human spotter--and also the 1s who have no clue of what their limitations are, show them this:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ym-Mexico.html

It would have been so easy to prevent. What a shame!

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    One time there was a kid who asked me to spot him squatting 405. He did not look like he lifted and I asked him if he was able to squat anything close to this, and he gave a number concerningly lower as his max, IIRC. I told him that it's not something I can take over if he is not even somewhat close to being able to handle that weight, but he was confident anyway.

He got under the bar, unracked it, and then the instant he began to lower, he suddenly shot downward with no resistance at all like powerful magnets suddenly turned on and were pulling the weights. I immediately grabbed the bar and was able to hold it on the right side, but the left slipped and literally broke the safety railing off the rack. The kid bounced out like a deer that just got hit by a car and said he was fine, then left.

Really, I should have told him that attempting it at all is stupid and not to do it, but if he tried without a spot this might have happened to him instead.
    Bench: 350
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The woman was trying to unrack a weight set up for the man. I would classify this as a stunt than as part of any training.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That looks like a suicide to me. Why would you have the bench there otherwise?

grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    One time there was a kid who asked me to spot him squatting 405. He did not look like he lifted and I asked him if he was able to squat anything close to this, and he gave a number concerningly lower as his max, IIRC. I told him that it's not something I can take over if he is not even somewhat close to being able to handle that weight, but he was confident anyway.

He got under the bar, unracked it, and then the instant he began to lower, he suddenly shot downward with no resistance at all like powerful magnets suddenly turned on and were pulling the weights. I immediately grabbed the bar and was able to hold it on the right side, but the left slipped and literally broke the safety railing off the rack. The kid bounced out like a deer that just got hit by a car and said he was fine, then left.

Really, I should have told him that attempting it at all is stupid and not to do it, but if he tried without a spot this might have happened to him instead.
    reminds me of the time at a Gym when a guy was squatting ( if you can all it that) barely going up and down at all. I noticed him looking around- obviously looking for a spotter and came and asked me. I said no way no how. I told him politely that he should take most of the weight off and concentrate on doing a full squats added reps and really burn the quads. he got kinda pissed and walked away. He found two guys to spot him, one on each end of the bar. It was a disaster. He failed and the bar flipped and knocked over a leverage squat machine which just missed a girl who was stretching on the floor near it. So gym fails can be fatal for sure

that girl should have been stopped from doing that.

BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Saw this one last night. So many bad decisions on this one. The smith machine along with the bench effectively created a guillotine.

thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have no idea what the guy even had that Smith set up for. If he was doing flat presses the bar looked way too high, unless she just had a short torso and he has longer arms. Maybe he was doing bench squats? With 405 on the bar I'm surprised the girl could even unrack the weight, it looks like she stood up a little? Pretty impressive just to do that. Regardless the Smith's safeties should have been engage above the bench. My only real accident in a gym was using a bench. It was back in the late 80s at a Gold's Gym in Texas. I don't think it had safeties but I was doing flat bench presses on it. I only had 205 on the it and on my last rep I though I racked the bar on the safety pins and just dropped my arms to my sides. The hook on the bar just missed the stops and came crashing down on my chest and fractured my sternum. Thankfully I wasn't doing neck presses or I'd be dead. I still use a Smith machine but make damn sure it's locked on the pins when I rack it.
    "It is my own fault for replying in a smith thread." deadwoodgregg

Ordained Minister of Perpetual Consumption and all around righteous dude.

My home gym pictures: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1632857623&viewfull=1#post1632857623

My workout journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120169181

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm pretty sure proper gym etiquette is that if you have a barbell set up with really heavy weights & some idiot comes by to lift it in the middle of your set, you either chase them off either for being rude or for their own safety.

lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) lsiberian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by thedickus View Post
    I have no idea what the guy even had that Smith set up for. If he was doing flat presses the bar looked way too high, unless she just had a short torso and he has longer arms. Maybe he was doing bench squats? With 405 on the bar I'm surprised the girl could even unrack the weight, it looks like she stood up a little? Pretty impressive just to do that. Regardless the Smith's safeties should have been engage above the bench. My only real accident in a gym was using a bench. It was back in the late 80s at a Gold's Gym in Texas. I don't think it had safeties but I was doing flat bench presses on it. I only had 205 on the it and on my last rep I though I racked the bar on the safety pins and just dropped my arms to my sides. The hook on the bar just missed the stops and came crashing down on my chest and fractured my sternum. Thankfully I wasn't doing neck presses or I'd be dead. I still use a Smith machine but make damn sure it's locked on the pins when I rack it.
    All the worst injuries I've had the misfortune of seeing were all on the bench press. With deadlifts it doesn't move off the ground. If you are squatting heavy you bail pretty easily and drop the weight. But with bench the weight hits you.

Registered User Lifts4longevity's Avatar
    Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000) Lifts4longevity is just really nice. (+1000)
    How sad. Anyone lifting that much weight should have known better than to let her get under that bar. It's probably the big guy's GF or family member and he egged her on to push that weight in order to prove some macho nonsense. Shame she had to lose her life over something so silly.
    ***Everybody pities the weak....but jealousy, you have to earn!***

Cancer free since 2006, but fighting the battle daily

Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It wouldn't surprise me to see a kid doing something this foolish, but a 42 y/o should know better than to mess around like that. RIP

BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Duplicitous View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me to see a kid doing something this foolish, but a 42 y/o should know better than to mess around like that. RIP
    Least there was a video. With LiveLeak gone it's hard to find decent videos of things like this. And bestgore is too extreme for me. There's no limits to what they show on that site. Ffs

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just read on a diff article that the girl with her was her daughter.