sribond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sribond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sribond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sribond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sribond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sribond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sribond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sribond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sribond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sribond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sribond is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Is Belt Squat machine worthit?

Assuming budget & space are no constraints, should I invest in a Belt Squat machine?
    Need some expert's opinion here if it is better than traditional Squat or SSB? I mean do we get all benefits with this Belt squat as in SSB?
    If so, pls recommend me the best (also cheapest in Canada.

murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) murphyreedus is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by sribond View Post
    Assuming budget & space are no constraints, should I invest in a Belt Squat machine?
    Yes

Need some expert's opinion here if it is better than traditional Squat or SSB? I mean do we get all benefits with this Belt squat as in SSB?
    Non-expert opinion: No, the belt squat does not have all the benefits of an SSB. There is a good deal of overlap and it does have some benefits that the SSB/regular bar does not have, like taking compressive force off of the spine. Which one is "better" completely depends on your goals and existing conditions. If neither is ruled out, why not both?

Is budget a constraint, or not?

sribond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sribond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sribond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sribond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sribond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sribond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sribond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sribond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sribond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sribond is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sribond is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by murphyreedus View Post
    Yes

Non-expert opinion: No, the belt squat does not have all the benefits of an SSB. There is a good deal of overlap and it does have some benefits that the SSB/regular bar does not have, like taking compressive force off of the spine. Which one is "better" completely depends on your goals and existing conditions. If neither is ruled out, why not both?

Is budget a constraint, or not?
    preferably under $1000 (CAD) or even lesser. I can wait for good deals if any and no rush as currently i am managing with a SSB

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Wouldn't say it's better but having used one before it took a lot of strain off of my back which is nice given my back is fcked up; what's the reason for wanting one?
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500) kennycroxdale is not very helpful. (-500)
    Belt Squats

This method allows you to completely overload the legs by taking the lower back out of the equation.

The limiting factor in a Squat and a Safety Bar Squat is the lower back gives out before the legs.

With that said, the Safety Bar does allow you to hold on to the rack and assist the lower back, once it fatigues; which allows some overloading on the the legs.

As nurohgyreedus notes regarding Belt Squats, they take "compressive force off of the spine."

Belt Squat are part of my program due to compression forces and because they allow me to focus on my weak point, my legs.

Secondly, they allow my lower back to recover from heavy Good Mornings; which is part of my Deadlift Training.

As per murphyreedus, "Which one is "better" completely depends on your goals and existing conditions."

For me it's Belt Squats.

Home Made Belt Squat

I have a great Home Made Box Squat the I made for just over $300.00.

Here Is What You Need for Belt Squats

1) Two Sturdy Boxes to stand on; you want something solid.

One of my lifting buddies made me a couple of wooden Plyometric Boxes that work.

2) 'Spud Belt Squat Belt
    https://www.liftinglarge.com/search....elt+squat+belt

I have the Women's Belt. It has a shorter length, which means the boxes you stand on don't need to be so high.

3) Loading Pin
    https://www.ironmind-store.com/15-Ol...ctinfo/1314-c/

I have the IronMind 15 inch Loading Pin.

4) Chain

To hook the Belt Squat Belt up to the Loading Pin.

5) Heavy Duty Carabiners

...to attached the Belt to the Pin.

I have loaded my Loading Pin Up with over 500 lbs and performed Partial Quarter Belt Squat.

Assisted Belt Squats

I place the Boxes up by the Power Rack and hold on to it when performing Belt Squats.

It allow me to pull up in the bottom position of the Belt Squat with heavy loads.

As I drive the weight higher, I stop pulling up on the rack, allowing my legs to take on more of the load.

Thus, this method allows for...

Accommodating Resistance Training

This type of training attaches Band and/or Chain to a Bar for Squats, Bench Press, etc.

Doing so, allows the muscle to be overload through a greater range of the movement.

As you ascend in a Squat, the load is increased in the top part of the movement, where you are the strongest.

Kenny Croxdale
    Last edited by kennycroxdale; 11-23-2021 at 06:30 AM.
    I guarantee it will Never work, if you Never try it.

ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I don't think a belt squat is worth it. I got rid of mine because it collected dust after a while. If you don't have an injury preventing you from loading your spine I'd rather just do squat variations and have a leg extension/leg curl as a secondary piece of equipment.

sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have a SSB and, like Kennycroxdale, a homemade belt squat apparatus. Thoughts: I have the SSB because I have tight, achy shoulders and no longer do well cranking my shoulders back to squat with a straight bar (I'm 62, with lots of old injuries). The SSB is great for that.

But it still loads the spine, which is sometimes what you want, sometimes not what you want.

So I made a belt squat out of an extra frame member for my rack that I use to mount the low pulley for my homemade cable & pulley system, + a pin that bolts to the rack to hold plates that I mount to the frame member with a pop pin, + a band peg to hold the frame member in place on the rack, + a Spud belt, + a dirt bike soft tie to clip the belt to the frame member. I set it on a dirt bike lift stand so I'm not having to lift it up from the bottom of the movement. It's way simpler to use than this description makes it sound, and the cost was low (especially since I already had the frame member). It works great for when I want to pound my legs but not pound my back. I find myself using it way more than the SSB now, for that reason.

If you end up needing a belt, the Spud squat belt is the way to go. You will see reviewers who say that a dip belt works just fine, but it didn't work for me.

cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ncsuLuke View Post
    I don't think a belt squat is worth it. I got rid of mine because it collected dust after a while. If you don't have an injury preventing you from loading your spine I'd rather just do squat variations and have a leg extension/leg curl as a secondary piece of equipment.
    I like being able to close with heavy belt squats. Probably also more important for a 47 year old as opposed to a 35 year old. Still continuing to move up numbers with squats but I like it to close out.

Probably more personal preference and variety more than anything.
    {5'7" and under #1}
    ▪█───█▪ Equipment Crew #77 ▪█───█▪
    [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew - Can't recall number [M]===[6]

ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by cwcmac View Post
    I like being able to close with heavy belt squats. Probably also more important for a 47 year old as opposed to a 35 year old. Still continuing to move up numbers with squats but I like it to close out.

Probably more personal preference and variety more than anything.
    Oh yeah, totally a personal preference thing. I can see the value in them for sure but for my space and needs I'd rather have something else. I'd probably like a Rhino or lever belt squat better than the Squatmax too, I just got tired of how annoying it was to load/unload the weight on that thing. If I was going to dedicate the space to that though, I'd really like the Prime leg extension/curl combo, my problem is I'm out of room. Probably the best for my wallet.

cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cwcmac has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Oh yeah, totally a personal preference thing. I can see the value in them for sure but for my space and needs I'd rather have something else. I'd probably like a Rhino or lever belt squat better than the Squatmax too, I just got tired of how annoying it was to load/unload the weight on that thing. If I was going to dedicate the space to that though, I'd really like the Prime leg extension/curl combo, my problem is I'm out of room. Probably the best for my wallet.
    Agreed and I wasn't considering the space issue since I have Mech's rack mount one that folds up nicely and takes 0 additional space. No way could I justify a full size one unless I had 5 times the space I have now.
    {5'7" and under #1}
    ▪█───█▪ Equipment Crew #77 ▪█───█▪
    [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew - Can't recall number [M]===[6]

Registered User Deep-Voiced-One's Avatar
    Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Deep-Voiced-One is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    From the perspective of another Mech belt squat owner with a space saving design in mind, I find it useful for some variation, high volume squat work and a break from traditional back squats.

My only gripe with the rack mounted version is that it's kind of a chore switching plates over to it and maneuvering around other equipment inside the rack (add more issue if you got two bars set up in the rack on each side and depending on the exercise order of what's set forth in front of you during your lifting routine)...other than that though, I find it to be a useful piece that hits the legs hard.

splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000) splitsquat is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'd probably like a Rhino or lever belt squat better than the Squatmax too, I just got tired of how annoying it was to load/unload the weight on that thing.
    To me, top loading is the fatal flaw of the Squatmax, even though everyone agrees that it is the most pure vertical movement. In fact, any top loading equipment is a non-starter for me.

Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000) Asjogren is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by splitsquat View Post
    To me, top loading is the fatal flaw of the Squatmax, even though everyone agrees that it is the most pure vertical movement. In fact, any top loading equipment is a non-starter for me.
    I have a Rhino and I like it a lot. A bit of a pain to load with issues like DVO said. Typical issues when dealing with space on home gyms. I have it next to a Freemotion bicep machine that can rotate the seat/preacher pad which gives me a path (sorry for the sideways pic.can’t figure out how to rotate)

Attached Images

C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) C123C is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    It's an assistance compound leg exercise. It does not replace the back squat or SSB. If you can't load your spine at all...yeah sure but that's a major major issue and I'd be happy just to be training and functional in life.

I have barbell, SSB, and a LE/LC machine. I use my belt squat for additional compound press leg volume and it has decent carryover. After you full squat or deadlift, you don't have a lot of juice left and this is a lot less strenuous. I used it after back squats this AM. Let's me get some more volume in a less taxing manner.

I like it a lot for my needs BUT from your writing I'm not confident you are looking at one for correct reasons. As a substitute for a remotely intact body - there are none.
    ▪█─────█▪ Rogue Barbell Crew #27 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Mech6 Crew #26 ▪█─────█▪

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #83 ▪█─────█▪

Haven't been able to "rep" many of you for a year or more...not for lack of trying.

Home Gym: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1615740991&viewfull=1#post1615740991

grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    As C123 says- Belt squat is a plus to have dealing with issues loading the spine. But also good to have if dealing with any major shoulder issues like torn rotator cuffs or just times where the shoulders need a break.

sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you want to try the movement to see if you'd like it, just get a heavy kettle bell or dumbbell & do some goblet squats.

Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Northernmoris has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have the SquatMax MD and love it. I dint mind the top loading. I've found many ways to incorporate it. Warm ups, burn outs after safety squats, lunges, marches, heavy banded squats, box squats.. calves, hip thrusts. I bought the pad and have been playing around with chest supported rows. For me it was a great purchase.
    Attached Images
    ▪██─────██▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #3 ▪██─────██▪

○---○ [[[[-----]]]] York Barbell Crew #52 [[[[-----]]]] ○---○
    ( DD Crew, Globes, Kg's, + )

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #45 ▪█─────█▪

~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) grumpytude is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I've been using mine less and less since I picked up a leverage squat. I like the machine. but honestly I don't think I ever felt totally connected using it. I am stubborn so not ready to give up on it just yet. Maybe its just me, since most people seem to really love their belt squat machines. If the opportunity is possible to try one out before buying I would highly recommend it. Possibly a version like the rogue rhino with cable directly from floor would be bette than a leverage version?

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    For me the belt squat has become an essential piece of home gym equipment, even more now following an unfortunate knee injury playing soccer a few weeks ago. Fell in love with it from the start though and I've found myself using it almost every day. Squats (of course), single legged lunges have been great for knee rehab, DL's, stiff legged DL's, chest supported rows, shrugs, donkey calf raises, and single arm rows are my typical movements. Doubling as a chest supported row alone makes it worthwhile for me, it's become one of my favorite ways to hit the back and I rarely use the low row on my pulldown now. Good friend of mine has added a front squat harness to his and seems to like it, I might give that a try as well sometime in the future. But this setup is AWESOME, didn't think I'd use the handles at first but it works great.

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪

cool setup. not sure how the handle works facing the machine- since the leverage piece it attached to moves towards the machine and not the user. I do something similar with the leverage gym but the arm move toward the user. would love to see a video on on its uses. Curious now. might be another piece to pick up. also the iron master bench from t foot plate seems lower than the legend three way bench. another factor to consider.

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by grumpytude View Post
    cool setup. not sure how the handle works facing the machine- since the leverage piece it attached to moves towards the machine and not the user. I do something similar with the leverage gym but the arm move toward the user. would love to see a video on on its uses. Curious now. might be another piece to pick up. also the iron master bench from t foot plate seems lower than the legend three way bench. another factor to consider.
    Haha, was going to say I should post a video during my next session, I'll try to remember! The arm on the handle pivots just enough to allow for a natural range of motion, but I'll admit that with the Ironmaster bench it's almost a perfect scenario for doing rows and other benches might have clearance issues. I'd recommend changing to the IM Pro but with the price increases it's hard to recommend that bench over the competition these days, $319 to $459 is quite an increase! For me it's quick to setup and effective, in the picture my chest is directly above the handles hanging out over the top of the pad so the movement is more of a direct pull upward to the chest.

Originally Posted by urbanlifter View Post
    Haha, was going to say I should post a video during my next session, I'll try to remember! The arm on the handle pivots just enough to allow for a natural range of motion, but I'll admit that with the Ironmaster bench it's almost a perfect scenario for doing rows and other benches might have clearance issues. I'd recommend changing to the IM Pro but with the price increases it's hard to recommend that bench over the competition these days, $319 to $459 is quite an increase! For me it's quick to setup and effective, in the picture my chest is directly above the handles hanging out over the top of the pad so the movement is more of a direct pull upward to the chest.
    yeah the legend bench might have some issues with this. I was thinking of selling my legend 4-way for an iron master pro- but didn't know the prices went up that much. I may try some one arm rows with the belt squat. I do like performing calves on it. yes interested in a video if you have time, thanks

EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EricAtl is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by urbanlifter View Post
    For me the belt squat has become an essential piece of home gym equipment, even more now following an unfortunate knee injury playing soccer a few weeks ago. Fell in love with it from the start though and I've found myself using it almost every day. Squats (of course), single legged lunges have been great for knee rehab, DL's, stiff legged DL's, chest supported rows, shrugs, donkey calf raises, and single arm rows are my typical movements. Doubling as a chest supported row alone makes it worthwhile for me, it's become one of my favorite ways to hit the back and I rarely use the low row on my pulldown now. Good friend of mine has added a front squat harness to his and seems to like it, I might give that a try as well sometime in the future. But this setup is AWESOME, didn't think I'd use the handles at first but it works great.

Wait, what belt squat is that. You had the Titan before.
    I quote with pics. ()---() York Barbell Club #78 (DD) ()---()
    My gym walk thru: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=1629553623#post1629553623

Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I've been using mine less and less since I picked up a leverage squat. I like the machine. but honestly I don't think I ever felt totally connected using it. I am stubborn so not ready to give up on it just yet. Maybe its just me, since most people seem to really love their belt squat machines. If the opportunity is possible to try one out before buying I would highly recommend it. Possibly a version like the rogue rhino with cable directly from floor would be bette than a leverage version?
    Grumpytude. Are you the one that got the Powertec leverage squat? Is so, what are your impressions? It is on my short list. My gym space recently expanded. Just waiting for spring so driveway can be poured and we can move in.
    Last edited by Greybird2; 02-24-2022 at 03:12 AM.

Originally Posted by Greybird2 View Post
    Grumpytude. Are you the one that got the Powertec leverage squat? Is so, what are your impressions? It is on my short list. My gym space recently expanded. Just waiting for spring so driveway can be poured and we can move in.
    Yes I bought the powertec a few months back. I've been meaning to do some kind of review on it pros and cons.
    Overall I like it, it works the legs good. Built well, no quality issues. I would tweak a few things like higher starting position and longer handles.

The one thing I am curious about is the shoulder pads. which are similar to the Titan version. The body solid version seems to still use a larger two piece pad system. I am curious why powertec switched from that version (cost?). I would think a larger pad area would be more comfortable with more support. I was originally going to buy the body solid but its never in stock and costs more.

If there are days when you can't for some reason or want to back off from traditional back squats- its a good alternative I think.
    I bought mine direct from Powertec. packaging and shipment were very good.
    Last edited by grumpytude; 02-24-2022 at 08:51 AM.

Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000) Greybird2 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yes I bought the powertec a few months back. I've been meaning to do some kind of review on it pros and cons.
    Overall I like it, it works the legs good. Built well, no quality issues. I would tweak a few things like higher starting position and longer handles.

The one thing I am curious about is the shoulder pads. which are similar to the Titan version. The body solid version seems to still use a larger two piece pad system. I am curious why powertec switched from that version (cost?). I would think a larger pad area would be more comfortable with more support. I was originally going to buy the body solid but its never in stock and costs more.

If there are days when you can't for some reason or want to back off from traditional back squats- its a good alternative I think.
    Thanks. Yes, regular squats have been hurting me, and not in a good way.

Recidivst will become famous soon enough. (+50) Recidivst will become famous soon enough. (+50) Recidivst will become famous soon enough. (+50) Recidivst will become famous soon enough. (+50) Recidivst will become famous soon enough. (+50) Recidivst will become famous soon enough. (+50) Recidivst will become famous soon enough. (+50) Recidivst will become famous soon enough. (+50) Recidivst will become famous soon enough. (+50) Recidivst will become famous soon enough. (+50) Recidivst will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Had a powertec leverage squat and like you i found the start position low so i took a skateboard wheel and drilled the axle opening out a bit (removed the bearings first)and slid the wheel on the starting position pin.
    The wheel gives you a couple of extra inches of height and makes climbing into the starting position much easier.
    A inexpensive and easy to reverse mod IMHO.
    Last edited by Recidivst; 02-24-2022 at 01:42 PM.

Originally Posted by EricAtl View Post
    Wait, what belt squat is that. You had the Titan before.
    Early on in the pandemic I capitalized on the demand and sold the Body Solid corner gym and the belt squat machine, cleaned house considering the leverage gym I picked up for free after I sold off the weights. Wanted to up my belt squat game with either a Rogue Rhino or Edge Deluxe Belt squat, and this Edge just happened to pop up on ******** Marketplace a few months later. Fantastic deal and it looks like it was barely used, came with two belts and the handle attachment.

yeah the legend bench might have some issues with this. I was thinking of selling my legend 4-way for an iron master pro- but didn't know the prices went up that much. I may try some one arm rows with the belt squat. I do like performing calves on it. yes interested in a video if you have time, thanks
    Here is a short vid showing how it works with chest supported rows.