ArtemisRose is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Advice for a total newbie?

So, I'm 24, 5'6", and over 200lbs, and I'd like to drop around 60lbs of weight, tone up, gain strength, and thicken my thighs/hips/ass and maybe my biceps just a bit. However, there's no way in hell I could ever afford any real equipment or a trainer and I just can't do a gym, so I'm stuck with doing bodyweight stuff at home. I'll be honest, I can do maybe 3 good pushups and haven't managed a full pullup yet. What's some advice on how to achieve my goals? Anything specific about exercises, sets and reps, diets, supplements, or anything really that can help?

Sorry I'm not terribly specific or well-versed in anything, like I said, total newbie

ImAnadrolic will become famous soon enough. (+50) ImAnadrolic will become famous soon enough. (+50) ImAnadrolic will become famous soon enough. (+50) ImAnadrolic will become famous soon enough. (+50) ImAnadrolic will become famous soon enough. (+50) ImAnadrolic will become famous soon enough. (+50) ImAnadrolic will become famous soon enough. (+50) ImAnadrolic will become famous soon enough. (+50) ImAnadrolic will become famous soon enough. (+50) ImAnadrolic will become famous soon enough. (+50) ImAnadrolic will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    What's wrong with the gym? The way you worded it sounds like you're anxious about stepping into one, but it's way better than a home workout with no equipment.

Regarding diet, eat in a caloric deficit to lose weight. You'll have to figure out how many calories this is for you. There are TDEE calculators online, look it up.

You can cover most of the upper body with push ups (chest, triceps, shoulders) and pull ups (back, biceps), but you'll have to keep increasing weight or reps to progress. This is why it's better to hit the gym instead.

And if you really want to build your legs, you'll need to go to a gym to lift weights heavy enough to grow them.

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Without a gym or at least a decent set of home equipment it is going to be pretty hard to make any real progress if you hope to build muscle.

Physique improvements are just really the product of eating in a caloric deficit for fat loss and strength training to build/retain muscle while losing fat. This is the best place to start:

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=165843261

Learn to count calories, if you're not losing weight its because you are eating too much, so it really just comes down to figuring out what calorie level has you losing about 1% of your bodyweight per week and eating that amount of food consistently.

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=173439001

Good luck!
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

coachcalande is a name known to all. (+5000) coachcalande is a name known to all. (+5000) coachcalande is a name known to all. (+5000) coachcalande is a name known to all. (+5000) coachcalande is a name known to all. (+5000) coachcalande is a name known to all. (+5000) coachcalande is a name known to all. (+5000) coachcalande is a name known to all. (+5000) coachcalande is a name known to all. (+5000) coachcalande is a name known to all. (+5000) coachcalande is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ArtemisRose View Post
    So, I'm 24, 5'6", and over 200lbs, and I'd like to drop around 60lbs of weight, tone up, gain strength, and thicken my thighs/hips/ass and maybe my biceps just a bit. However, there's no way in hell I could ever afford any real equipment or a trainer and I just can't do a gym, so I'm stuck with doing bodyweight stuff at home. I'll be honest, I can do maybe 3 good pushups and haven't managed a full pullup yet. What's some advice on how to achieve my goals? Anything specific about exercises, sets and reps, diets, supplements, or anything really that can help?

Sorry I'm not terribly specific or well-versed in anything, like I said, total newbie

I would probably suggest that you start working towards buying some equipment.

In the meantime, probably working through YouTube on the various fitness videos that involve min equipment, body weight, cardio stuff…

Run hills
    Jog
    Walk
    Bike
    Swim

Push-ups, pull-ups, situps

Play tennis, basketball, hike
    "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

Old Guy deadlifting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zMrim-0Dks
    bench press https://youtu.be/GaRzfueJVJQ

Every workout is GAME DAY!

leeniepie will become famous soon enough. (+50) leeniepie will become famous soon enough. (+50) leeniepie will become famous soon enough. (+50) leeniepie will become famous soon enough. (+50) leeniepie will become famous soon enough. (+50) leeniepie will become famous soon enough. (+50) leeniepie will become famous soon enough. (+50) leeniepie will become famous soon enough. (+50) leeniepie will become famous soon enough. (+50) leeniepie will become famous soon enough. (+50) leeniepie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    thanks to covid lockdowns there are tonnes of free home workout programs knocking about. at the very least you need some light dumbbells and some resistance bands, and these can be picked up pretty cheap. one youve mastered the basics at home it will help you build confidence to go to a gym