Registered User Spacemanjupiter's Avatar
    Spacemanjupiter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spacemanjupiter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spacemanjupiter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spacemanjupiter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spacemanjupiter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spacemanjupiter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spacemanjupiter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spacemanjupiter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spacemanjupiter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spacemanjupiter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spacemanjupiter will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Question What is normal testosterone for a 46 year old?

I tried looking this up but I see different opinions on this everywhere. I'm 46 and just had a basic blood test done that included total test level. Mine is at 354 ng/dL. That sounds pretty low to me. Where should I be, and where can I be?

I've heard Tongkat Ali and Fadogia have been shown to improve numbers.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The lab report should state a reference range. For testosterone, this should be specific to gender and age range.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

Registered User Spacemanjupiter's Avatar
    Spacemanjupiter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spacemanjupiter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spacemanjupiter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spacemanjupiter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spacemanjupiter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spacemanjupiter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spacemanjupiter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spacemanjupiter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spacemanjupiter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spacemanjupiter will become famous soon enough. (+50) Spacemanjupiter will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    The lab report should state a reference range. For testosterone, this should be specific to gender and age range.
    Not sure how I glossed over that but it says 'Standard Range 250 - 827 ng/dL'

So I'm definitely on the low end. Looks like I need to start working on this. I don't want to do TRT because it seems like once you do it, you're on it for life.

carbkilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carbkilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carbkilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carbkilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carbkilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carbkilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carbkilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carbkilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carbkilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carbkilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250) carbkilla has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Free T is important too but, don't just go by the numbers. How do you feel, how's your training. TRT is a mixed bag for some, I wouldn't do it if you're in the range and feeling good.

CK
    Language and writing were also made available, the poetry of Khitai, the philosophy of Sung; and he also came to know the pleasures of women, when he was bred to the finest stock.

Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Eat more olive oil and less sunflower seeds. Also stop using corn oil and canola oil. The polyunsaturated fat is lowering your T levels.
    Some nuts, especially pistachios, have lots of sterols that suppress testosterone.
    Check all your mineral intakes.
    Saturated fat also boosts testosterone, but at the expense of your arteries.

TRT only on mornings after bad sleep, and only to the level you would have made had you had good sleep that night, so no suppression.

Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by carbkilla View Post
    Free T is important too but, don't just go by the numbers. How do you feel, how's your training. TRT is a mixed bag for some, I wouldn't do it if you're in the range and feeling good.

CK
    Yep. Also some people don't need as much since their androgen receptors are more sensitive to testosterone. That is how women get by on so little.

Polyunsaturated fats are LA and ALA. Both are essential. But you want a 3:1 ratio so you can make EPA. Most people fry with corn oil or canola and have a bad ratio. LA then gets oxidized in their adipose tissue and rancid. Linoleic is omega 6. Alpha lenolenic is omega 3. LA is also the main fatty acid in sunflower oil and safflower oil.

Olive oil is mostly oleic acid, omega 9, monounsaturated. Much higher smoke point, won't go rancid, boosts testosterone, does not suppress the immune system. It is also in peanuts and almonds. It is not an essential fatty acid, since your body can make its own, but even olive oil has enough LA. ALA is in walnuts and especially flaxseeds.

Coconut oil spikes cholesterol levels.
    Last edited by Darkius; 12-12-2021 at 08:19 PM.

xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    As long as you're over 300 you should be fine.

If you are training, eating right, getting enough sleep... 500 plus should normal.

Amateur boxer turned bodybuilder...

Hit me up on Sherdog.. TeTe

Road to 190@15% bf

June 2020 = 185 @20.5% bf
    June 2021 = 183 @18.2% bf