kivansh is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I Need advice for fat loss/Muscle gain

Hi my name is Omar my age is 27 at 5"11
    I have been obese most of my life but 6 months ago I hit 270 pounds and hit me so hard i was so depressed no clothes fitting right everything seem hard to do even getting up from bed so i decide to start eat healthy and go the gym with 0 experience and knowledge today i'm at 212 and happy clothes fit different i can run, i can walk without feeling like dying and other activities also my physique is changing.. ok lets get it to the point

PROBLEMS
    2 months ago I heard of this machine Inbody test which tells you the Body fat percentage and weight and breaks down everything in yourbody
    so i decide to give it a shot and see
    September 21, 2021 first test was
    Weight 229
    BFP 32,4%
    Muscle mass 90.4lb
    Body fat mass 74.4

Today i test it again and it was
    weight 212
    BFP 30,4%
    Muscle mass 84.9
    body fat mass 65.1

so my fat loss dropping 1% a month OK acceptable i'm in the long journey so its not a big deal
    but my muscle mass dropped about 5 pounds?? that is a problem to me
    I do research everyday and always adjust what is wrong
    here is my workout routine and food intake

ACTIVITES
    5 days week lifting weights and heavy mostly 3 sets 10-12 reps
    Monday:chest/tricep
    Tuesday:Back/ Bicep
    Wednesday:shoulders
    Thursday:Abs/legs
    Friday:Forearm

additionally I walk 5 miles a day at work( every hour I get up and walk 10-15mins)

FOOD
    1400-1600 calories a day
    eating 5 meals a day
    mostly between 2-3hours each
    small portion each meal with high protein and low in calories
    99% food is chicken,fruits,tuna,veggies, greek yogurt,etc.
    I do cheat on my food but only 1 meal a week and nothing crazy worst is a burger LOL.
    my protein intake including supplements is 0.7 gram each pound of my body

RECOVERY
    7-8 hours of sleep
    2 days rest

I feel I'm doing Too much but results on paper does not match the math?
    am I on the right path? is there something I need to change? the truth is I was way more hyped and believing in myself before I do the inbody test
    as i was seeing difference in clothes from 2XL to L now// jeans from 40 to 36 and i feel more stronger i see more muscle define in my body but the results on the test just seems off..
    please forgive me for my ignorance as I'm too new for this and just going on google and typing HOW, WHY, WHEN just drives me crazy so please if anyone experienced what I been going through just give me your 2 cent here and i can give it a try.

EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by kivansh View Post
    Hi my name is Omar my age is 27 at 5"11
    I have been obese most of my life but 6 months ago I hit 270 pounds and hit me so hard i was so depressed no clothes fitting right everything seem hard to do even getting up from bed so i decide to start eat healthy and go the gym with 0 experience and knowledge today i'm at 212 and happy clothes fit different i can run, i can walk without feeling like dying and other activities also my physique is changing.. ok lets get it to the point

PROBLEMS
    2 months ago I heard of this machine Inbody test which tells you the Body fat percentage and weight and breaks down everything in yourbody
    so i decide to give it a shot and see
    September 21, 2021 first test was
    Weight 229
    BFP 32,4%
    Muscle mass 90.4lb
    Body fat mass 74.4

Today i test it again and it was
    weight 212
    BFP 30,4%
    Muscle mass 84.9
    body fat mass 65.1

so my fat loss dropping 1% a month OK acceptable i'm in the long journey so its not a big deal
    but my muscle mass dropped about 5 pounds?? that is a problem to me
    I do research everyday and always adjust what is wrong
    here is my workout routine and food intake

ACTIVITES
    5 days week lifting weights and heavy mostly 3 sets 10-12 reps
    Monday:chest/tricep
    Tuesday:Back/ Bicep
    Wednesday:shoulders
    Thursday:Abs/legs
    Friday:Forearm

additionally I walk 5 miles a day at work( every hour I get up and walk 10-15mins)

FOOD
    1400-1600 calories a day
    eating 5 meals a day
    mostly between 2-3hours each
    small portion each meal with high protein and low in calories
    99% food is chicken,fruits,tuna,veggies, greek yogurt,etc.
    I do cheat on my food but only 1 meal a week and nothing crazy worst is a burger LOL.
    my protein intake including supplements is 0.7 gram each pound of my body

RECOVERY
    7-8 hours of sleep
    2 days rest

I feel I'm doing Too much but results on paper does not match the math?
    am I on the right path? is there something I need to change? the truth is I was way more hyped and believing in myself before I do the inbody test
    as i was seeing difference in clothes from 2XL to L now// jeans from 40 to 36 and i feel more stronger i see more muscle define in my body but the results on the test just seems off..
    please forgive me for my ignorance as I'm too new for this and just going on google and typing HOW, WHY, WHEN just drives me crazy so please if anyone experienced what I been going through just give me your 2 cent here and i can give it a try.
    Don’t rely on those tests.

Rely on a tape measure and progress pictures. Waist measurement is particularly important.
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Yeah, we get a thread about someone being confused by a BIA test several times a week... Just ignore the results of that gadget, they are well known for being inaccurate. If you are losing weight and you are not getting weaker then you probably aren't losing any significant muscle tissue.

Originally Posted by EiFit91 View Post
    Don’t rely on those tests.

Rely on a tape measure and progress pictures. Waist measurement is particularly important.
    I should start doing that.. thank you!

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Yeah, we get a thread about someone being confused by a BIA test several times a week... Just ignore the results of that gadget, they are well known for being inaccurate. If you are losing weight and you are not getting weaker then you probably aren't losing any significant muscle tissue.
    I asked a body builder and he said same but he said i should increase my food intake close to 2000 calories a day with 200-210g protein.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by kivansh View Post
    I asked a body builder and he said same but he said i should increase my food intake close to 2000 calories a day with 200-210g protein.
    That might slow down your rate of loss. You have a lot of weight to lose...

We generally say don't attempt to lose more than 1% of your bodyweight every week... so you can safely lose about 2.5lbs. If it's more than that, then maybe bump up calories a little. You don't need more than about 140g protein.

BTW, you don't need 5 meals a day, that is another bodybuilding myth. It won't do anything other than make you feel more hungry. Dieters often do better on maybe 2 larger meals per day at fixed times of the day.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    That might slow down your rate of loss. You have a lot of weight to lose...

We generally say don't attempt to lose more than 1% of your bodyweight every week... so you can safely lose about 2.5lbs. If it's more than that, then maybe bump up calories a little. You don't need more than about 140g protein.

BTW, you don't need 5 meals a day, that is another bodybuilding myth. It won't do anything other than make you feel more hungry. Dieters often do better on maybe 2 larger meals per day at fixed times of the day.
    Ok i will look into that!

SoulZero is a complete loser! (-2000) SoulZero is a complete loser! (-2000) SoulZero is a complete loser! (-2000) SoulZero is a complete loser! (-2000) SoulZero is a complete loser! (-2000) SoulZero is a complete loser! (-2000) SoulZero is a complete loser! (-2000) SoulZero is a complete loser! (-2000) SoulZero is a complete loser! (-2000) SoulZero is a complete loser! (-2000) SoulZero is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Fat loss = Caloric Deficit

Muscle gain = Genetics + Exercise+ Eating + Sleep

Done right = Shredded