Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thoughts on Quest bars?

I decided to buy a bulk order of some (surprisingly expensive) Quest bars, as I've finally been convinced of the importance of protein frequency, and I can easily remedy that by eating a bar at my desk a couple hours before training. No need to mix a shake and clean the bottle or open a can or cook something or worry about mercury levels, etc., for an extra 20g and another serving for timing purposes.

Bought on sale here and they were sold out of most flavors. Got mint chocolate chunk.

It's pretty good I guess? Smaller and denser than I was expecting honestly. Has a nice chewy texture and decent flavor, but I don't know if $2.50 a bar is a good per unit price or if I could have done better.

Anyone like these?
    Bench: 350
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I save my empty Greek yogurt containers and lids to make a Vince Gironda hormone precursor shake and sometimes take it with me to one work or the other. Won't go into detail on the ingredients, but it's 60-70 grams of protein.
    Furnished rental houses in Coffeyville Kansas. Washer/dryer, full kitchen, cable/wifi, all bills paid. Welders, fitters, boilermakers, electricians, inspectors for the refinery, soybean plant, bio diesel plant, pipeline and animal food plant contractors.

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    I decided to buy a bulk order of some (surprisingly expensive) Quest bars, as I've finally been convinced of the importance of protein frequency, and I can easily remedy that by eating a bar at my desk a couple hours before training. No need to mix a shake and clean the bottle or open a can or cook something or worry about mercury levels, etc., for an extra 20g and another serving for timing purposes.

Bought on sale here and they were sold out of most flavors. Got mint chocolate chunk.

It's pretty good I guess? Smaller and denser than I was expecting honestly. Has a nice chewy texture and decent flavor, but I don't know if $2.50 a bar is a good per unit price or if I could have done better.

Anyone like these?
    Some of them taste pretty good, but yeah they are super expensive for what they are. You are paying for convenience. Unfortunately i have to avoid them due to all the artificial sweeteners and sugar alcohols(made that mistake on a road trip once was not pretty). Some flavors taste pretty good heated up in the microwave too.
    2 time survivor of The Great Misc Outages of 2022

Survivor of PHP/API Outage of Feb 2023

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    They’re OK… most of them have identical textures and that ‘quest bar’ flavor…

But, they perform well in independent tests, and some of the options aren’t terrible

As long as you can handle the fiber bomb
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Paul, I'm going to do the precursor shake at some point soon. Manwittaplan's ears are burning somewhere.

Are they unsafe for some people or something, regarding the sugar alcohols?

And I only care about the protein frequency and the convenience, really. The flavor is just a plus if it's good. I want high performance and recovery once I resume eating at maintenance and protein frequency is probably where I'm most lacking.

And I actually was planning to refrigerate them! Who would microwave a protein bar?

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    lNo need to mix a shake and clean the bottle
    I bring a shaker to work often. I just refill it with water after and let it sit until after work. That's enough to keep it from developing a bad smell over time.

I also have a bunch of protein bars from Pure Protein for about $1.30 CDN per bar (20-23g protein). I don't know how widely available they are.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you're paying $2.50/bar anyway, for variety you can also buy pre-packaged protein / nutritional supplement shakes in multi-packs. As long as you don't buy a plant-based one, you can freeze them beforehand and by the time you drink it, it'll be a creamy cold shake.

For example, Ensure Protein Max is 30g protein & 100mg caffeine.

Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    I bring a shaker to work often. I just refill it with water after and let it sit until after work. That's enough to keep it from developing a bad smell over time.

I also have a bunch of protein bars from Pure Protein for about $1.30 CDN per bar (20-23g protein). I don't know how widely available they are.
    Thanks - and good thought. I have some powder at the office, but I just use it if I'm not going to be able to eat lunch or forgot my chicken, etc.

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    If you're paying $2.50/bar anyway, for variety you can also buy pre-packaged protein / nutritional supplement shakes in multi-packs. As long as you don't buy a plant-based one, you can freeze them beforehand and by the time you drink it, it'll be a creamy cold shake.

For example, Ensure Protein Max is 30g protein & 100mg caffeine.
    Damn now I feel like I might have wasted my money because that sounds better...

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    [QUOTE=EliKoehn;1651100003]I decided to buy a bulk order of some (surprisingly expensive) Quest bars/QUOTE]

Would that be a Quest request?
    Furnished rental houses in Coffeyville Kansas. Washer/dryer, full kitchen, cable/wifi, all bills paid. Welders, fitters, boilermakers, electricians, inspectors for the refinery, soybean plant, bio diesel plant, pipeline and animal food plant contractors.

Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I suppose I’m in the minority here, but I love Quest bars. You HAVE to microwave them tho, OP. Do your poor teeth and your taste buds a favor & DO NOT put them in the fridge. At room temp they’re 6/10, but a good go in the microwave bumps most flavors up to an 8 or 9 for me

Oh, & like Adam said, watch out for the fiber. Idk how much fiber’s in your daily diet, but I’d say to generally avoid any more than one QB per day to avoid any potential explosive situations…

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Strawng View Post
    You HAVE to microwave them tho, OP.
    ive never tried that... must do
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I agree they are pretty dang good microwaved - chocolate chip cookie dough is the only one I really like. But something about them makes me feel full, but in a strange way after, not like in a normal way. Maybe that's all the fiber or the sugar alcohol (erythritol).

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    14 g of fiber is why I go for them. Have put them in the microwave and agree it is agreeable.

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Are they unsafe for some people or something, regarding the sugar alcohols?
    For me they cause bloating and uncomfortable stomach, and If I have “too much” then its like the South Park episode with the explosive diarrhea. Why i avoid at all costs on road trips etc. there used to be some Big 100 Colossal protein brownie that basically had a warning label that said it may cause explosive diarrhea in somewhat nicer words.
    2 time survivor of The Great Misc Outages of 2022

Survivor of PHP/API Outage of Feb 2023

Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    ive never tried that... must do
    BRO...you've never actually tried a Quest Bar then. It's an absolute GAME CHANGER!!!!
    Originally Posted by DougyF7 View Post
    I agree they are pretty dang good microwaved - chocolate chip cookie dough is the only one I really like. But something about them makes me feel full, but in a strange way after, not like in a normal way. Maybe that's all the fiber or the sugar alcohol (erythritol).
    Hell yea!! I don't find them any more filling than most meals I eat, but I eat a plant-based diet with lots of fiber.

Originally Posted by desslok View Post
    For me they cause bloating and uncomfortable stomach, and If I have “too much” then its like the South Park episode with the explosive diarrhea. Why i avoid at all costs on road trips etc. there used to be some Big 100 Colossal protein brownie that basically had a warning label that said it may cause explosive diarrhea in somewhat nicer words.
    Yknow, out of all the endless varieties of foods that fuk up my chit, I can pretty safely say Quest Bars aren't one of them. One per day is nbd. It's when I eat 2+ that I run into problems.

Those brownie things, on the other hand, legitimately made me chit my pants once on the way to class. I was in college and it was an almost 2-mile walk to campus. Never again.

EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    No need to mix a shake and clean the bottle or open a can or cook something or worry about mercury levels, etc.
    Well whatever makes you happy mate. But let's just not get dramatic about shaking up some isolate whey as a big chore.

I think protein bars taste like styrofoam soaked in artificial sweetener though. After microwaving taste like warm styrofoam soaked in artificial sweetener.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    eating a bar at my desk a couple hours before training. No need to mix a shake and clean the bottle or open a can or cook something or worry about mercury levels, etc., for an extra 20g and another serving for timing purposes.
    Alpha Chad kicks his legs up on his desk
    Pops open a can of tuna
    And then
    Spoiler!

:-P

You know, I've never tried a quest bar, but of the bars I've tried, I liked the snickers protein bar the best. Never really got into protein bars though, let me know how the quest bars work out for you bro!
    ► Intermediate Bodybuilding Classic Physique ► Renaissance Periodization Programming
    ► https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180349883
    ► Progress Pictures
    ► https://i.ibb.co/r6RKF4p/Progress-Pictures.png

Originally Posted by EjnarKolinkar View Post
    Well whatever makes you happy mate. But let's just not get dramatic about shaking up some isolate whey as a big chore.

I think protein bars taste like styrofoam soaked in artificial sweetener though. After microwaving taste like warm styrofoam soaked in artificial sweetener.
    Touché. This is definitely a first world problem lol.

Originally Posted by Camarija View Post
    Alpha Chad kicks his legs up on his desk
    Pops open a can of tuna
    And then
    Spoiler!

:-P

You know, I've never tried a quest bar, but of the bars I've tried, I liked the snickers protein bar the best. Never really got into protein bars though, let me know how the quest bars work out for you bro!
    Ironically, I actually have been forbidden to eat fish at my office because of sardines and herring. I got a narrow pass on tuna, but microwaving it will probably see that revoked.

Hopefully the extra serving of protein will do me some good for the final run of the 6 week program to retest my maxes, but taste/texture wise, they're okay. Probably not going to re-buy due to price, when I could just mix a vastly superior precursor shake instead.

Just bumping to ask instead of starting another thread since the question is so similar...

Anyone try Optimum Nutrition's Cookies n Cream flavor protein powder? I'm a little let down. I've loved their chocolate for several years now, and once tried French vanilla which was also good. This time I decided to give cookies n cream a whirl and it is unfortunately kind of flavorless. Tastes like plain whey. Ultimately that's fine as it is a protein supplement after all, but it doesn't taste much like cookies or cream unfortunately, even though the brand is solid and well-liked.

Has anyone else tried this flavor?

aspalmat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aspalmat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aspalmat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aspalmat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aspalmat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aspalmat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aspalmat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aspalmat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aspalmat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aspalmat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) aspalmat has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I suppose I’m in the minority here, but I love Quest bars. You HAVE to microwave them tho, OP. Do your poor teeth and your taste buds a favor & DO NOT put them in the fridge. At room temp they’re 6/10, but a good go in the microwave bumps most flavors up to an 8 or 9 for me

Oh, & like Adam said, watch out for the fiber. Idk how much fiber’s in your daily diet, but I’d say to generally avoid any more than one QB per day to avoid any potential explosive situations…
    I'm in on the love them side. The Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough and Oatmeal Chocolate Chip are awesome!

Just bumping to ask instead of starting another thread since the question is so similar...

Anyone try Optimum Nutrition's Cookies n Cream flavor protein powder? I'm a little let down. I've loved their chocolate for several years now, and once tried French vanilla which was also good. This time I decided to give cookies n cream a whirl and it is unfortunately kind of flavorless. Tastes like plain whey. Ultimately that's fine as it is a protein supplement after all, but it doesn't taste much like cookies or cream unfortunately, even though the brand is solid and well-liked.

No, but ironically enough, Quest makes a fantastic CnC powder

I always loved the thick texture of their powder... it's been a WHILE since I bought them

I always loved the thick texture of their powder... it's been a WHILE since I bought them
    Same. I actually like mixing it in nonfat Greek yogurt to make a nice, thicc proyo

It's also particularly great for baking.

mixing it in nonfat Greek yogurt.
    I spoon out some Greek yogurt on a plate, mix in some seasoning and cover my chicken pieces with it as a marinade. Doesn't take long to rest, about 30 minutes. Chicken is pretty tender.

Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Omni is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Quest does make a decent protein blend! I would compare it to PEScience in regards to the consistency and flavors.

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

it tastes weird honestly. i had it like a year and a half ago and had to power through it. it's okay with oatmeal but one of the weirdest ones to drink, same with rocky road

coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Portable protein that is FAST and easy to consume is certainly necessary at times. You definitely pay for the convenience and the added candy stuff.

My “take it with me” protein is pretty darned good.

I slice an 8 oz chicken breast in half, add a slice of hard cheddar, eat it dry on whole wheat or oatmeal bread.

Usually I put one down at around 9 am and another down at noon.

I pack each sandwich in its own Tupperware, throw two or three cold packs in a cooler.

If I’m out later, I’ll bring a third sandwich.

No microwave and no time - so the days of chicken, rice and broccoli are over at work.

Now there used to be something called a “super shake” sold by the case for those looking for canned stuff. Not sure if that product still exists.
    "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

Old Guy deadlifting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zMrim-0Dks
    bench press https://youtu.be/GaRzfueJVJQ

Every workout is GAME DAY!

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Always have 2 protein bars, either Quest or ONE bars, in my lunchbox just in case. They are easy and fast and sometimes I just need to smash something and move on, no time to sit and eat a whole food meal, though I prefer to when I can.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    When I first discovered protein bars, I always went for Quest. I seem to recall they had the highest quality protein out of all the bars available in the UK. I found all the flavours pretty decent apart from, I think it was chocolate brownie, which was a bit bland.

As someone else mentioned, you have to microwave them. I used to add a bit of syrup on top along with a small slice of vanilla ice cream.

I tend to go for the more conventional "chocolate bar" type of protein bar now, for example Carb Killer.

I would happily eat a Quest Bar but I think Holland and Barratt in the UK stopped selling them. I used to buy them on a short sell by date and get them cheap.

GayCumLord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GayCumLord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GayCumLord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GayCumLord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GayCumLord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GayCumLord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GayCumLord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GayCumLord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GayCumLord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GayCumLord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GayCumLord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    They’re OK… most of them have identical textures and that ‘quest bar’ flavor…

But, they perform well in independent tests, and some of the options aren’t terrible

As long as you can handle the fiber bomb
    this,

the fiber bomb makes for some fat dumps