Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

I just realized my breakfast is usually ~150g of carbs

Pretty crazy when I think about it...

I saw someone post a thread about carbs making them feel sluggish in the morning if consumed after training, which is what I do as well.

I haven't been tracking my calories, macros, etc, for a long long time... but I know I eat a lot of carbs.

I decided to check today's meal and sure enough... it was basically 150g of carbs =o)

Oats
    Berries
    2 types of cereal
    protein powder
    peanut butter
    Almind milk

Can't say I feel lethargic at all... in fact, feel pretty hyper/energetic if anything

Wonder why the reactions are so different
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    80g carbs for me

50g protein
    25g fats

no sluggish at all either

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I would guess that it has to do with having a high activity level. Those who complain about feeling sluggish from them probably aren't very active or perhaps don't even do much if any resistance training, where glycogen storage or lack thereof would be a major variable.

Since you have a pretty high activity level, that probably makes 80% of the difference I would guess, carbs or not.

I will say though, that as someone with more of a palette for fat who doesn't particularly crave carbs and sometimes find that I don't eat more than 100-150 in a day without thinking about it ad-libidum, I don't think I need too much of them to feel spry or energetic, even if my strength and endurance with training notably benefits.
    Bench: 345
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    Pretty crazy when I think about it...

I saw someone post a thread about carbs making them feel sluggish in the morning if consumed after training, which is what I do as well.

I haven't been tracking my calories, macros, etc, for a long long time... but I know I eat a lot of carbs.

I decided to check today's meal and sure enough... it was basically 150g of carbs =o)

Oats
    Berries
    2 types of cereal
    protein powder
    peanut butter
    Almind milk

Can't say I feel lethargic at all... in fact, feel pretty hyper/energetic if anything

I have basically the same exact breakfast, & I have probably at least one other meal each day that's at least 150 g. I never got that "carbs make you tired" thing, either. I get extremely energized immediately after eating carbs. I'm actually sluggish after a low carb meal, typically because I need more carbs...

I assume this has to do with metabolic factors.

Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    I would guess that it has to do with having a high activity level. Those who complain about feeling sluggish from them probably aren't very active or perhaps don't even do much if any resistance training, where glycogen storage or lack thereof would be a major variable.

Since you have a pretty high activity level, that probably makes 80% of the difference I would guess, carbs or not.

I will say though, that as someone with more of a palette for fat who doesn't particularly crave carbs and sometimes find that I don't eat more than 100-150 in a day without thinking about it ad-libidum, I don't think I need too much of them to feel spry or energetic, even if my strength and endurance with training notably benefits.
    Nope. I'm actually very energized from carbs whether I'm active or not. If I don't do any physical activity, I get extremely hot and sweaty. I'll fidget much more and have a huge amount of mental focus and emotional energy. I'll even get vascular and have a pump.

George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) George2100 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That was my thread lol. I have about 150g per day. As far as activity…I’m a stone mason and work roughly 50-60 hours per week. Weird how everyone is so different

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by George2100 View Post
    That was my thread lol. I have about 150g per day. As far as activity…I’m a stone mason and work roughly 50-60 hours per week. Weird how everyone is so different
    Agreed! I wonder if digestion / enzyme production or something goes into it… maybe I produce or of the carbohydrate digesting ones, whereas you might have more lipase etc….
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Originally Posted by Strawng View Post
    I have basically the same exact breakfast, & I have probably at least one other meal each day that's at least 150 g. I never got that "carbs make you tired" thing, either. I get extremely energized immediately after eating carbs. I'm actually sluggish after a low carb meal, typically because I need more carbs...

I assume this has to do with metabolic factors.

Nope. I'm actually very energized from carbs whether I'm active or not. If I don't do any physical activity, I get extremely hot and sweaty. I'll fidget much more and have a huge amount of mental focus and emotional energy. I'll even get vascular and have a pump.

Im very similar with a low-carb/high fat meal... in a way, they just offer no 'substance' along with the protein and fat for my stomach to hold onto.... I feel physically very unsatisfied with those kinds of meals.

For example, if I just ate an omelette with veggies in it and a ton of cheese, and avocado... I wouldn't feel very energized, I wouldn't feel 'full'... I'd probably just feel lacking in some kind of textural and nutrient capacity...

I wonder if, perhaps, the carbs help mediate the bile secretion from the high fats and thus my stomach doesn't feel like it's working as hard, so I don't get all weighed down when there's carbs in the mix.

Also agree on the energy regardless of activity... even when I was a chubby teen, I would get crazy buzzed from carbs/sugar

EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The «carbs make you sluggish» may come from people who eat a lot of ultraprocessed carbs like candy or cookies etc. Eating a ton of that definitely makes me feel sluggish, but eating a lot of quality carbs makes me feel energetic.

I eat much more carbs when bulking than when cutting as I find it easier to control my appetite that way. Energy is definitely lower but hard to know how much of that is due to less carbs and how much is due to lower calories.

But compared to you I am probably «low carb» even while bulking lol
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

Originally Posted by EiFit91 View Post
    The «carbs make you sluggish» may come from people who eat a lot of ultraprocessed carbs like candy or cookies etc. Eating a ton of that definitely makes me feel sluggish, but eating a lot of quality carbs makes me feel energetic.

I eat much more carbs when bulking than when cutting as I find it easier to control my appetite that way. Energy is definitely lower but hard to know how much of that is due to less carbs and how much is due to lower calories.

I was actually reminded of this because of the thread George made, and he's a super fit/lean looking dude with a lot of muscle, and he mentioned that even having a banana in his PWO meal made him tired.... which seemed very odd to me.

So when you're bulking, do you end up just increasing fats?

When im really trying to push calories, it's almost always just more cereal, some extra peanut butter, a little sweet treat after my last couple meals... etc... so it's kind of a combo of fat and carbs.

I don't really get carbed-out until it gets to well over 500 a day, and i have to start thinking about making smoothies etc.

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Everyone is different with pretty much everything. Look at fasted training. Some people say they have more energy or strength fasted,whereas people like me have like half the strength, no energy and feel like i’m going to pass out.
    2 time survivor of The Great Misc Outages of 2022

Survivor of PHP/API Outage of Feb 2023

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

I think we are similar in this regard.

I have gravitated towards higher carb, lower fat in my training primarily for the performance boon, but also because it makes voluminous portions possible in a deficit. I don't think I could stomach more than about 300g in a day though, and naturally prefer fats. But when cutting, there's just no other way to get full.

I sincerely think it would be no challenge for me to go an entire month eating nothing sweet and no more than 100g carbs a day whereas it would be to eat merely the minimum fat requirement. I just desire it and feel more satisfied by it for whatever reason. Desserts/candy I seldom desire more than a little bit.

I have gravitated towards higher carb, lower fat in my training primarily for the performance boon, but also because it makes voluminous portions possible in a deficit. I don't think I could stomach more than about 300g in a day though, and naturally prefer fats. But when cutting, there's just no other way to get full.

I sincerely think it would be no challenge for me to go an entire month eating nothing sweet and no more than 100g carbs a day whereas it would be to eat merely the minimum fat requirement. I just desire it and feel more satisfied by it for whatever reason. Desserts/candy I seldom desire more than a little bit.
    I mean I’m not getting most of my carbs from dessert / candy….

It’s almost entirely Whole Foods

I mean I’m not getting most of my carbs from dessert / candy….

It’s almost entirely Whole Foods
    Oh, I wasn't accusing you of that. I just was referring to the desirability of carbohydrates in their more conventionally attractive form as an alternative to fats in that of their own.

Oh, I wasn't accusing you of that. I just was referring to the desirability of carbohydrates in their more conventionally attractive form as an alternative to fats in that of their own.
    Ah gotcha

Yeah I don’t usually crave super super sweet things, there needs to be a balance somewhere…

If I do have something like very sugary cereal is usually in smaller amounts at a time or combined with things like yogurt and nut butter to make it even out

The only fatty foods I crave are fatty fish, avocado / guac, smaller amounts of cheese with sandwiches or wraps or pizza…

If I went KETO I’d probably never even feel like eating

EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EiFit91 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I was actually reminded of this because of the thread George made, and he's a super fit/lean looking dude with a lot of muscle, and he mentioned that even having a banana in his PWO meal made him tired.... which seemed very odd to me.

So when you're bulking, do you end up just increasing fats?

When im really trying to push calories, it's almost always just more cereal, some extra peanut butter, a little sweet treat after my last couple meals... etc... so it's kind of a combo of fat and carbs.

I don't really get carbed-out until it gets to well over 500 a day, and i have to start thinking about making smoothies etc.
    Wow yeah that does seem very odd.

No when I am bulking I primarily up my carbs (for performance) and when I am cutting I primarily cut carbs to create a deficit. For instance, when I am bulking I always have some carbs for breakfast (e.g bread) and lunch (banana and pb) but when I am cutting I eliminate lunch and most days go 0 carbs for breakfast. I then eat some rice and veggies for dinner along with some protein source and some bread with fatty fish and milk in the evening. So total carb intake is probably about 100 grams a day. When bulking it’s much higher and I have carbs with every meal - and typically some snacks (e.g. Popcorn) in the evening.

I don’t experience any strength loss on say 100g carbs but if I go full keto my strength drops like a rock. I remember discovering this the hard way years ago in a bench press session lol
    The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.

- Richard Feynman

Looking good Eli!

I can also function very fine on just 100g carbs and am doing it now while cutting. But I did have a sugar addiction for many years, and typically would binge on candy in the weekends. If I do that now I feel like garbage and immediately regret it.

- Richard Feynman

GayCumLord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GayCumLord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GayCumLord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GayCumLord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GayCumLord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GayCumLord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GayCumLord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GayCumLord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GayCumLord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GayCumLord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GayCumLord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Damn you pretty much eat all my carb macros @ breakfast

Spyrith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Spyrith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Spyrith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Spyrith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Spyrith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Spyrith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Spyrith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Spyrith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Spyrith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Spyrith is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Spyrith is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    My breakfast:
    61g of carbs
    80g of protein
    36 gr of fat

At least according to my food tracking app.

Basically I eat 3 protein bars and protein shake made with water.

Those protein bars are massively filling tho. I usually eat at 9 AM and they can keep me going until 2-3 PM easily.

DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DougyF7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Spyrith View Post
    3 protein bars
    Sounds expensive. What kind of protein bars are they?

Looking good Eli!

I can also function very fine on just 100g carbs and am doing it now while cutting. But I did have a sugar addiction for many years, and typically would binge on candy in the weekends. If I do that now I feel like garbage and immediately regret it.
    Thanks - almost done cutting finally!

Ah gotcha

Yeah I don’t usually crave super super sweet things, there needs to be a balance somewhere…

If I do have something like very sugary cereal is usually in smaller amounts at a time or combined with things like yogurt and nut butter to make it even out

The only fatty foods I crave are fatty fish, avocado / guac, smaller amounts of cheese with sandwiches or wraps or pizza…

If I went KETO I’d probably never even feel like eating
    Yeah, and for the record I'm not big on too much grease. Not one of those people who likes everything deep fried, and more and more, fish and guacamole, peanut butter, etc., have become more appealing. Meat and dairy still high up there and I don't anticipate that changing.

Pizza is still GOAT!

Originally Posted by GayCumLord View Post
    Damn you pretty much eat all my carb macros @ breakfast
    That's why I love not 'having macros'...

I just eat what feels good

GayCumLord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GayCumLord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GayCumLord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GayCumLord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GayCumLord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GayCumLord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GayCumLord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GayCumLord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GayCumLord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GayCumLord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GayCumLord has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That's why I love not 'having macros'...

I just eat what feels good
    I don't think I could stop counting macros (when srs about dieting) if I tried. Would just drive me OCD lol I wonder if thats because I started counting when I was around 16/17

I don't think I could stop counting macros (when srs about dieting) if I tried. Would just drive me OCD lol I wonder if thats because I started counting when I was around 16/17
    I mean, that's kind of backward/ironic that you think NOT counting would make you more OCD... it sounds like the counting itself is reinforcing your OCD if anything...

Stopping counting was one of the most freeing mental steps I have ever taken... it's so damn nice not thinking about all the minutia anymore...

I get to eat when it feels like I should, using internal cues and not some number I wrote down... I don't force myself to eat if I don't want to, I don't STOP eating just because my macros say I should....

You might wanna think about why you still feel the need to track like this... sounds like you started an addiction at an early age when, really, you shouldn't have been doing that at all.

Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    That's funny you say that, cuz I used to meticulously count every macro, but I stopped years ago. I don't think I could go back to counting if I tried. I just cbf. My physique is actually better & I can control my intake perfectly so long as I do some very basic ball-parking.

I mean, that's kind of backward/ironic that you think NOT counting would make you more OCD... it sounds like the counting itself is reinforcing your OCD if anything...

Stopping counting was one of the most freeing mental steps I have ever taken... it's so damn nice not thinking about all the minutia anymore...

I get to eat when it feels like I should, using internal cues and not some number I wrote down... I don't force myself to eat if I don't want to, I don't STOP eating just because my macros say I should....

You might wanna think about why you still feel the need to track like this... sounds like you started an addiction at an early age when, really, you shouldn't have been doing that at all.
    Also 100% this. Indulging obsessive habits just tends to reinforce said habits for me. Idk much about OCD, but I'm pretty sure the best thing to do when if you find yourself obsessively engaging in behaviors or compulsions is to stop indulging in said behaviors, much like an addiction.

Originally Posted by Strawng View Post
    Also 100% this. Indulging obsessive habits just tends to reinforce said habits for me. Idk much about OCD, but I'm pretty sure the best thing to do when if you find yourself obsessively engaging in behaviors or compulsions is to stop indulging in said behaviors, much like an addiction.
    Another detail I forgot to mention was that, now, I don't scramble obsessively trying to 'plan' days ahead of time or scramble at the end of the day to find weird combinations of foods to use as a 'macro capper'...

I remember I used to take weird pleasure in mapping out the next days' food, OR i'd purposefully try to plan out a day with like super low calories etc until the evening so I could gorge on something at night... whatever fit my macros, right?

I never responded truly in the moment to hunger or any kind of cravings... everything was reduced to a formula or a number... food was barely even enjoyable as food anymore....

Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    115 here. I feel like **** without carbs, like how do people just eat eggs for breakfast? Eggs and a piece of toast or something? Murder.

Originally Posted by Xpiro View Post
    115 here. I feel like **** without carbs, like how do people just eat eggs for breakfast? Eggs and a piece of toast or something? Murder.
    Same here man

I think the 150g was kind of a higher day, but I think I probably get anywhere between 90-120 most mornings…

I honestly can’t remember the last time I had a breakfast with under 50g of carbs unless it was a one-off day where I was in a major hurry and just grabbed a protein bar or made a shake

TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TearsOfIce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

100% this.

Another detail I forgot to mention was that, now, I don't scramble obsessively trying to 'plan' days ahead of time or scramble at the end of the day to find weird combinations of foods to use as a 'macro capper'...

I remember I used to take weird pleasure in mapping out the next days' food, OR i'd purposefully try to plan out a day with like super low calories etc until the evening so I could gorge on something at night... whatever fit my macros, right?

I never responded truly in the moment to hunger or any kind of cravings... everything was reduced to a formula or a number... food was barely even enjoyable as food anymore....
    And 100% this.

Stopping the whole macro counting thing has changed my life. There was a point where I wouldn’t eat out because I didn’t know the macros of my food. I would not drink alcohol. I would spend hours planning the day ahead. Not to mention eating when not hungry and not eating when hungry. Now I might know roughly how many calories I’m eating because I’ve done it for so many years that my brain automatically sees numbers, but I just don’t care anymore. I eat out nearly everyday, drink my alcohol in moderation, accept candies (not from strangers, kids!) and love life a lot more. I don’t eat when not hungry just cause I’m missing 10 gr of protein and sometimes I might overeat if I’m hungry. It’s life. I’ve actually never been so fit and skinny (even too much) as I am now that I’m not obsessed with numbers anymore. My advice? Just eat your protein 3/4 times a day, enjoy life and lift heavy ass weight. That’s enough.

With that said, I don’t know how you big guys can cut with 100 gr of daily carbs. I would never be able to get off my bed with 100 gr of carbs a day. I’ve actually been losing weight on much more than that and I’m not even very active. But I guess…we are all different.
    #benchesmorethansquatcrew

Originally Posted by TearsOfIce View Post
    Stopping the whole macro counting thing has changed my life. There was a point where I wouldn’t eat out because I didn’t know the macros of my food. I would not drink alcohol. I would spend hours planning the day ahead. Not to mention eating when not hungry and not eating when hungry. Now I might know roughly how many calories I’m eating because I’ve done it for so many years that my brain automatically sees numbers, but I just don’t care anymore. I eat out nearly everyday, drink my alcohol in moderation, accept candies (not from strangers, kids!) and love life a lot more. I don’t eat when not hungry just cause I’m missing 10 gr of protein and sometimes I might overeat if I’m hungry. It’s life. I’ve actually never been so fit and skinny (even too much) as I am now that I’m not obsessed with numbers anymore. My advice? Just eat your protein 3/4 times a day, enjoy life and lift heavy ass weight. That’s enough.
    Well said.
    Last edited by DougyF7; 11-19-2021 at 11:27 AM.

Originally Posted by Xpiro View Post
    Originally Posted by TearsOfIce View Post

With that said, I don’t know how you big guys can cut with 100 gr of daily carbs. I would never be able to get off my bed with 100 gr of carbs a day. I’ve actually been losing weight on much more than that and I’m not even very active. But I guess…we are all different.
    Haha, I literally had just four scrambled eggs for breakfast alone and feel full for the time being. Wouldn't have rather had bread or oatmeal instead.

I'm still north of 20% most likely, so this would presumably change upon getting to actual lean territory, but it's pretty easy for me to "turn off" mild hunger and just focus on something else. I do worry about a meal if it doesn't have enough protein, but with supplements and various lean forms of it, that's fairly easy to do, if not always convenient. Higher fat, lower carb is a little easier to do for that purpose (eggs cook in about one minute and only take a few to eat).

And that's a good post! It's easy to forget that this lifestyle is supposed to be fun, and about improving your life so that you can enjoy it more.