john10960 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Hi! Looking for moss affordable and accurate scale to weigh muscle mass

Hi guys, yeah just looking for an affordable (preferably under 50$) and accurate scale to weigh muscle mass.

Thanks in advance!

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Do you mean a scale with built in BIA (bioelectrical impedance analysis)?

If so, I wouldn't bother, those are horribly inaccurate and I wouldn't even rely on them to show changes over time. Just get any scales that give you your weight

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Just look in the mirror and use a regular scale. Take photos at regular intervals to help you compare over time.

Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000) Murser is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Do you mean a scale with built in BIA (bioelectrical impedance analysis)?

If so, I wouldn't bother, those are horribly inaccurate and I wouldn't even rely on them to show changes over time. Just get any scales that give you your weight
    Yep. According to the one I have my body fat has been 27% for years, regardless if I have my winter fat or summer abs.

BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    My bathroom scale is a Fitbit Aria. I started a bulk in late Aug, I've maintained visible ab definition throughout. That should give you an idea of how inaccurate the scale is regarding body fat measurements.

Screenshot_20211117-121935_Fitbit.jpg This is Nov 2021
    Screenshot_20211117-122020_Fitbit.jpg This is August 2021

sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have a scale that purports to measure bodyfat %age, it's a joke. If you want to get an idea of your bodyfat %age, the calipers work better and are way less expensive.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

So my
    Main reason for wanting a scale like this was to know the weight of my muscle mass.

At the end of the day, should I still just shoot for getting a gram of protein per lb of body weight? (I’m a semi newbie to lifting)

Thanks!

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    The recommendations for protein intake just aren't that precise. There is a very wide range of protein intakes that would probably be absolutely fine. We have a range of different number from different studies that are all different to each other.

So you don't need to know your lean body mass with any degree of precision. It's enough to guess. If you are overweight, use your target body weight (in kg)and multiply by 1.6 - this will be above the maximum amount of protein shown to have additional benefit by a comfortable margin.

The recommendations for protein intake just aren't that precise. There is a very wide range of protein intakes that would probably be absolutely fine. We have a range of different number from different studies that are all different to each other.

So you don't need to know your lean body mass with any degree of precision. It's enough to guess. If you are overweight, use your target body weight (in kg)and multiply by 1.6 - this will be above the maximum amount of protein shown to have additional benefit by a comfortable margin.

Thanks for your feedback man. Appreciate that.

Just need to clarify. So right now I’ve most definitely gained a good amount of muscle but I would also consider myself slightly overweight. Right now
    I’m about 205lb and I’m 5’10”. Before starting to lift I was about 185lb.

To be honest , I’m not sure what my target weight is. I do know I want to be nice and cut (like everyone else lol) and maybe a somewhat more mass then Bradd Pitt in fight club (for the sole purpose of giving a visual, I’m not trying to get Pitts body , I’m just trying to get an awesome , built, and cut body).

Right now I have somewhat of a gut and some excess fat in other places but it’s not my priority to get rid of that right now, just to keep putting on and maintaining my new muscle mass. I will focus on cutting later.

So again, I’m really not sure how much protein I should get daily. I’ve been shooting for whatever my body weight is. I’m
    Not sure what my ideal weight would be so then I could take that weight and multiply by 1.6.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!!

The message I'm trying to put over is that it really isn't crucial. It's much easier to reach a sufficient level than a lot of people think.

Pick 80kg as your target. 80kg x 1.6 is about 130g of protein which isn't a lot, easily achievable with 1 meat laden meal per day plus some other dairy, wholegrains, nuts and a shake or two and you are easily at or above this number.

The message I'm trying to put over is that it really isn't crucial. It's much easier to reach a sufficient level than a lot of people think.

Pick 80kg as your target. 80kg x 1.6 is about 130g of protein which isn't a lot, easily achievable with 1 meat laden meal per day plus some other dairy, wholegrains, nuts and a shake or two and you are easily at or above this number.
    Thanks for taking out the time to discuss all this with me.

Interesting man. I’ve never heard the 1.6 multiplier figure before. Wow only 130grams protein. That’s super easy. My question though: as I continue to increase my muscle mass wouldn’t that number keep going up? Well I guess I would keep increasing my target I guess?

Originally Posted by john10960 View Post
    Thanks for taking out the time to discuss all this with me.

Interesting man. I’ve never heard the 1.6 multiplier figure before. Wow only 130grams protein. That’s super easy. My question though: as I continue to increase my muscle mass wouldn’t that number keep going up? Well I guess I would keep increasing my target I guess?
    1kg of extra muscle is a hell of a lot... and are you going to adjust your protein intake by 1.6 grams each time?

Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hop on one of the used marketplaces and look for a physician's scale (Detecto, Health-O-Meter). These will consistently give you an accurate weight, unlike pretty much every residential scale on the market. Getting an accurate measure of body comp is a much harder task, but it's far less important that it's accurate than it is that it is consistent. After all, most of us just want to know if we are gaining/losing muscle/fat. To that end, I have been using the U.S. Navy Method for many years with good results.

sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Duplicitous View Post
    Hop on one of the used marketplaces and look for a physician's scale (Detecto, Health-O-Meter). These will consistently give you an accurate weight, unlike pretty much every residential scale on the market. Getting an accurate measure of body comp is a much harder task, but it's far less important that it's accurate than it is that it is consistent. After all, most of us just want to know if we are gaining/losing muscle/fat. To that end, I have been using the U.S. Navy Method for many years with good results.
    I had never heard of the Navy Method, so I looked it up. As a public service: https://www.wikihow.com/Measure-Body...US-Navy-Method