tr0g is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Orange Triad multi: switched to Cyanocobalamin? What?!

I've used Orange Triad, for nearly 10 years now, and have always been happy with it, knowing I had a quality multi. Until I discovered, today, that both of the 2 tubs I currently own contain Vitamin B12 as cheap Cyanocobalamin instead of Methylcobalamin. I'm 100% sure it used to be Methyl! That's one of the reasons why I chose it as my main multi! In fact, I can't find a single Orange Triad label on the internet that doesn't say Methylcobalamin.

What is going on here? Did they switch it up? Is there a Controlled Labs representative here that can explain this?

These 2 tubs are a little old but they expire mid-2022 so still fairly recent.

Check the attachment for the label. Then google it.. every single label in the search results says Methylcobalamin.. and I also cannot find any search results from forums or whatever mentioning the use of Cyanocobalamin, only Methylcobalamin. Now I'm contemplating switching to a different multi. What's up here??

Note: These are the "standard" 270-pill tubs, 45 servings each.
    Attached Images

Joe D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joe D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joe D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joe D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joe D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joe D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joe D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joe D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joe D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joe D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Joe D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I just bought two bottles in the last sale, and it says methylcobalamin 25000%. And it expires 06/23
    call me the rap assasinator, rhymes rugged and built like Schwarzenegger.

It's pronounced gif eatyourspinach's Avatar
    eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The labels I've had don't look like that, are you in the USA?
    My secret? Texting between sets.

Angry

I'm in Europe. I contacted Controlled Labs and they tried to tell me Methylcobalamin is illegal. It's not, you can get it OTC.. The only place in the entire world where it's illegal is India since 2019 and even there it's disputed for being dumb.

I'm guessing they have a US version and a non-US version and decided to screw the Europeans out of laziness.. This adds up, because I bought these tubs late 2019.

Fml, I loved this multi despite the high cost. Is there a CL representative on this forum? I wonder what they have to say. They silently switched the ingredients and I am not happy.

What multi would you guys recommend instead? Not a fan of Animal Pak. How about ADAM? I will miss the joint and digestive support but no way I'm paying out the arse for a multi with bad B12. Major red flag, very disappointed in CL.
    Last edited by tr0g; 11-15-2021 at 11:05 PM.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by tr0g View Post
    I'm in Europe. I contacted Controlled Labs and they tried to tell me Methylcobalamin is illegal. It's not, you can get it OTC.. The only place in the entire world where it's illegal is India since 2019 and even there it's disputed for being dumb.
    There could be an upper limit. Vitamin A above a certain amount per dose can't be shipped to Canada, for instance.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    There could be an upper limit. Vitamin A above a certain amount per dose can't be shipped to Canada, for instance.
    Nope. We're talking B12.. there's definitely no upper limit. My OT contains 24000% of the daily recommended value (600mcg cyanocobalamin) and I can buy OTC tablets of up to 5000mcg(!) methylcobalamin. You just pee it out.

At this point I'm 100% certain they simply made two versions: one for the USA, and one for the rest of the world. And because India banned Methycobalamin, they changed the formula.. At least now it's visible in search engines so people from Europe don't get conned into buying inferior vitamins. Before this thread there was not a single mention of this.

Anyone have any suggestions on which multi's/supplements I could take to substitute OT?

Registered User CONTROLLED LABS's Avatar
    CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    all versions (except European) use methyl. the European distributor purchases a formula that they want for their market based on laws to satisfy as many European countries as possible.
    Specials & insider info
    https://www.********.com/controlledlabs

www.bodybuilding.com/store/clabs/clabs.htm

FREE CL stuff for your labels
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=6654831

Originally Posted by CONTROLLED LABS View Post
    all versions (except European) use methyl. the European distributor purchases a formula that they want for their market based on laws to satisfy as many European countries as possible.
    That makes no sense at all. Is it a cost thing? What is going on? Can you ask the distributor, or can I contact them?

I can 100% assure you not a single European country has any laws against over the counter Methylcobalamin. Such things are generally regulated by the EU as a single entity, similar to the FDA in the USA, not by individual countries.

I even found an old article from 2008 explicitly allowing high doses of Methyl B12 in food supplements, it's old but there is no information out there that the decision ever changed.. The story truly does not make any sense, there is no recent information on Methyl B12 except for the disputed ban in India. I'm extremely disappointed because my favorite multivitamin, which used to be good, is now not so good. And I can't supplement OT with Methyl B12 because then I'd be taking a metric ton of B12, which I'm not comfortable with.

I will send you another e-mail, I would love to hear an explanation from the distributor. I cannot believe it's related to any laws.

Bonus question: is there a USA store that ships the USA OT formula to Europe? I got mine from iHerb but it's the bad stuff.
    Last edited by tr0g; 11-19-2021 at 07:43 AM.

I managed to find an EU label from 2018 showing Methylcobalamin, from this same forum (can't post links though). My suspicions were true, the change was quite recent and even though it might be a coincidence, it does line up with the ban in India.

I really want to know what the distributor is thinking and if I can buy the Methyl version somewhere. If anyone can help that would be appreciated.

EDIT:

@CONTROLLED LABS the label on my EU bottle literally says CONTROLLED LABS aka you is the distributor.
    Attached Images