Farmingstock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Farmingstock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Farmingstock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Weight loss stalled

Hello all

I’ve gone from 115kg down to 100.9 over the last 3 months, but then put weight back on again over the last 3-4 weeks and am sitting around 102 and currently on 1800 calories.

Currently training 3-4 times a week push, pull, legs and doing between 5-10k steps per day.

I’m struggling to stick to the cals and have stopped losing weight.

Has anyone else been in this situation and what you have done to keep losing?

Also any ideas on diet changes/meal plans? My macros are 200pro, 150carb, 45fat.

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Farmingstock View Post
    Hello all

I’ve gone from 115kg down to 100.9 over the last 3 months, but then put weight back on again over the last 3-4 weeks and am sitting around 102 and currently on 1800 calories.

Currently training 3-4 times a week push, pull, legs and doing between 5-10k steps per day.

I’m struggling to stick to the cals and have stopped losing weight.

Has anyone else been in this situation and what you have done to keep losing?

Also any ideas on diet changes/meal plans? My macros are 200pro, 150carb, 45fat.
    Highly unlikely you're not losing weight on 1800 cals a day at your size. But 5000 steps a day is also what I would consider to be inactive.

No weight drop in 3-4 weeks meaning you are no longer in a caloric deficit.

You have 3 choices:

- EAT LESS
    - MOVE MORE
    - A combination of EATING LESS and MOVING MORE

A PPL routine is also not ideal for someone only working out 3 times a week, you would be better served by a full body routine.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Farmingstock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Farmingstock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Farmingstock has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Thank you for the response, I do generally feel weak and lethargic which is probably down to my food choices, maybe I need to switch up the foods but I really have no get up and go even after the weight loss.

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Farmingstock View Post
    Thank you for the response, I do generally feel weak and lethargic which is probably down to my food choices, maybe I need to switch up the foods but I really have no get up and go even after the weight loss.
    Not sure what you're eating, but I recommend you generally try to get 80-90% of your calories from nutrient-dense whole foods.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Johnnyboy2110 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Weight has stalled

Originally Posted by xsquid99 View Post
    Highly unlikely you're not losing weight on 1800 cals a day at your size. But 5000 steps a day is also what I would consider to be inactive.

No weight drop in 3-4 weeks meaning you are no longer in a caloric deficit.

You have 3 choices:

- EAT LESS
    - MOVE MORE
    - A combination of EATING LESS and MOVING MORE

A PPL routine is also not ideal for someone only working out 3 times a week, you would be better served by a full body routine.

I’d like to ask a question, because I’m currently in a state like him. I started my journey is 2019 at 407 and by last year I was at 323. For the entire year for up to August I had lost only 15 lbs. i had gained it back due to grief, but October I realized that my weight has not shifted. I even hired someone to make my meals. But, nothing had shifted. Now I definitely like the third option of eat less and move more. But how does one do that effectively and safely if im already working out 5 days a week doing Met-cons and strength training, while only eating two meals a day within the windows of 12pm-8pm.

Originally Posted by Johnnyboy2110 View Post
    I’d like to ask a question, because I’m currently in a state like him. I started my journey is 2019 at 407 and by last year I was at 323. For the entire year for up to August I had lost only 15 lbs. i had gained it back due to grief, but October I realized that my weight has not shifted. I even hired someone to make my meals. But, nothing had shifted. Now I definitely like the third option of eat less and move more. But how does one do that effectively and safely if im already working out 5 days a week doing Met-cons and strength training, while only eating two meals a day within the windows of 12pm-8pm.
    You could be only eating 1 meal a day and still taking in too many calories. "Working out 5 days a week" doesn't really mean anything, it doesn't mean you're burning a lot of calories during that workout and it doesn't mean that you aren't eating at maintenance still. The majority of your daily calorie burn comes from your BMR (just existing) and your NEAT (non-exercise activity) and not from your scheduled workouts. So you need to take a hard look at your activity level outside of the gym as well.

Bottom line is that you cannot maintain weight in an energy deficit, and if you aren't losing weight that means you need to increase your output and/or reduce your intake.

Train hard play harder Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Johnnyboy2110 View Post
    Number of meals a day and meal timing mean nothing. Your consistent overall total weekly calories are the important factor. At 300 lbs plus. It should be simple to lose weight. You're just taking in way too many calories.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

SoulZero is a complete loser! (-2000) SoulZero is a complete loser! (-2000) SoulZero is a complete loser! (-2000) SoulZero is a complete loser! (-2000) SoulZero is a complete loser! (-2000) SoulZero is a complete loser! (-2000) SoulZero is a complete loser! (-2000) SoulZero is a complete loser! (-2000) SoulZero is a complete loser! (-2000) SoulZero is a complete loser! (-2000) SoulZero is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Keep your macros that tight & 1800 calories is a great way to lose weight. Just make sure you stay hydrated & eat right.