Shakewhey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shakewhey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shakewhey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shakewhey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shakewhey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shakewhey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shakewhey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shakewhey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shakewhey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shakewhey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Shakewhey has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Pull-ups in fingers/palm ?

Hello, i want to ask something. Should i grip the bar with my fingers, or with my palm when doing pull-ups ? Some people told me i should grip with fingers, because i can do more pull-ups this way + it dont cause callus, others told me i should grip it hard in my palm, because it also improves my grip strenght and its safer, which grip should i use then ? Thanks

jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Real men use their pinkies

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yes.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Shakewhey View Post
    Hello, i want to ask something. Should i grip the bar with my fingers, or with my palm when doing pull-ups ? Some people told me i should grip with fingers, because i can do more pull-ups this way + it dont cause callus, others told me i should grip it hard in my palm, because it also improves my grip strenght and its safer, which grip should i use then ? Thanks
    the more you can wrap your hands around the bar on pulling movements the better.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Do both and more. Decide for yourself. Supposedly, using fingers more puts you at a greater risk of golfers elbow. I do as much palm as possible, thumb over the two fingers next to it. Fingers over thumbs (hook grip) is a stronger grip, but can cause pain. Also, it really depends on the thickness of the bar.
    ☆☆☆USA �яєω☆☆☆

Not Casca Berserk. Casca The Eternal Soldier

☆☆☆Perfectly Imperfect �яєω☆☆☆

☆☆☆What is the point of doing a bunch of reps if every rep you do is CRAP? �яєω☆☆☆

☆☆☆SuperStraight �яєω☆☆☆

☆☆☆snailsrus �яєω☆☆☆

☆☆☆High Five �яєω☆☆☆

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Do you whatever you prefer and feels best for you. If you’re trying to specifically target your back, you might find that thumb over the bar is most useful.

Ozanguner92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ozanguner92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ozanguner92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ozanguner92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ozanguner92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ozanguner92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ozanguner92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ozanguner92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ozanguner92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ozanguner92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ozanguner92 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Casca View Post
    Do both and more. Decide for yourself. Supposedly, using fingers more puts you at a greater risk of golfers elbow. I do as much palm as possible, thumb over the two fingers next to it. Fingers over thumbs (hook grip) is a stronger grip, but can cause pain. Also, it really depends on the thickness of the bar.
    Logged in years after to comment on this to say it is not " supposedly". I used to grip everything with my fingers instead of my palm because I felt the muscle I worked on better so I kept doing it. On all exercises (chest,back, you name it) I was gripping the weight with my fingers where applicable. Because of that I developed golfers and tennis elbow on both of my arms. Kept training with those for a while and more problems followed. It was because I was overloading the extensor/flexor tendons by using my fingers.

This is a long 5-6 year story but to make it very short, I had to get surgery and It kept me out of the gym for 4 years...
    I recently started lifting again in the last 2 months. So take it from my experience and do not use your fingers when gripping. And build your grip strength.

Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm not picturing how ones palms could be used, unless the bar starts lower and this is a tricep exercise.

I can picture full finger or finger tips. To build rock climbing strength, I'd like to eventually do finger tip. But I'll build up to that.

I'm not seeing how this would affect the elbow. I'll google golfer's elbow, I guess.

Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hmm I actually found that using a thumbless grip helped eliminate forearm pain/tendinitis or whatever the f it is that I have... it’s the only way that I can keep my wrists neutral. I go thumbless on rows and pulldowns too, crossovers, sometimes squats, flyes, lateral raises. Is it really that bad in the long run?

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    For full strength you should grip it so that each finger and the thumb can grip with balanced tension. It ends up being a particular cross section.

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jaxqen View Post

Bitch please

I wrap my dink around the bar and pull up that way

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants"
    -Sir Isaac Newton

Ozanguner92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ozanguner92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ozanguner92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ozanguner92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ozanguner92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ozanguner92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ozanguner92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ozanguner92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ozanguner92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ozanguner92 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ozanguner92 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Darkius View Post
    I'm not picturing how ones palms could be used, unless the bar starts lower and this is a tricep exercise.

I can picture full finger or finger tips. To build rock climbing strength, I'd like to eventually do finger tip. But I'll build up to that.

I'm not seeing how this would affect the elbow. I'll google golfer's elbow, I guess.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXjaCsUlrZs explains in a good way how fingers affect the elbow joint.

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Darkius View Post
    I'm not picturing how ones palms could be used,
    Next time you do lat pulldowns do this to illustrate the difference, when you set up get the bar as far into your palm as possible. when you sit down the bar will slip down a bit, closer to the bottom of your fingers. Not only can you pull more weight but it won't damage anything.
    Last edited by Tommy W.; 11-25-2021 at 10:29 AM.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jaxqen View Post

That's crazy... Wow
    Bench: 340
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Ozanguner92 View Post
    explains in a good way how fingers affect the elbow joint.
    I was thinking it'd be that before clicking and was going to post it myself. Watched it a while back when I was going through trying to correct golfers elbow. Along with other things, I used a finger grip strengthener and only trained my ring finger/finger next to pinky with it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0196HHMO4...NrPXRydWU&th=1

I bought the heavy and extra heavy. All I use is the extra heavy. Was able to go max on one of the extra heavy buttons(?) from the start. After some time, I placed that finger in between two buttons to get more resistance and was eventually able to do two buttons at max. Since then, I just increased how many reps I do (30-40 atm). I don't have golfers elbow pain anymore. I don't think it's just because of this, I was doing other things as well.

However, that ball looking bone on the elbow, before I started, it was prominent. I could see it, it looked like a ball. Now, I don't see it much at all. There is a pad of muscle just beneath that ball (towards hands) that wasn't there before that levels it out so you don't really see that bone. I think this is good stuff. Going to find a way to use all the buttons and get stronger with that finger.
    ☆☆☆USA �яєω☆☆☆

Not Casca Berserk. Casca The Eternal Soldier

☆☆☆Perfectly Imperfect �яєω☆☆☆

☆☆☆What is the point of doing a bunch of reps if every rep you do is CRAP? �яєω☆☆☆

☆☆☆SuperStraight �яєω☆☆☆

☆☆☆snailsrus �яєω☆☆☆

☆☆☆High Five �яєω☆☆☆