livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Regaining lost muscle/strength

Hey guys 41 yr old male here. Been lifting since i was 21. Was curious how do u regain lost strength? I keep reading about muscle memory etc. but i just finished my 2nd cut and im pretty bummed about my physique. When i was in my late 20’s i ran a couple strength programs and got to 210 lbs. looked like an nfl linebacker i was huge. Somehow thro injuries bad dieting etc i lost that strength and size over the years even tho i didnt stop lifting. Last year i bulked to around 188 and thought i looked pretty good. I ran Max OT and got my bench up pretty good to where i was benching 255 for 3 reps. Now after my cut im down 20 lbs and can barely bench 220 for 3 reps. Incline im benching 190 for 3 reps. Back in my late 20s early 30s i did incline bench 255 for reps. My legs look like ive barely squatted at all in my life. Im just curious how does one regain that sttength what programs are some of u running that really helped get your lifts up? As of now i am trying MAPS Anabolic and slowly increasing my calories

Loochi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loochi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loochi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loochi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loochi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loochi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loochi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loochi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loochi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loochi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Loochi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think this is the natural aging process, yeah?

I remember in my early to mid 20s I looked better than I do now.

I still look good but can't deny that I used to look better.

I too, have lifted consistently and infact, I'm alot stronger !
    ** Officially started lifting weights on March 22nd 2007 **

Competitive bodybuilder, powerlifter and strongman.

ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ArchAngel'73 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    #1 the concept of bulking and cutting is outdated and better gains can be had following a consistent nutrition plan. You do not have to gain fat to be strong.

#2 don't confuse strength gains and muscle tissue growth. Furthermore, if you're training for strength don't expect too much muscle growth.

#3 Age is not a factor at 41. I'm 48 and making strength gains. My buddy FLEX (forum member) made strength gains into his early 50's. You need to dig deeper as you age but the body will still comply.

#4 I recommend following a power/hypertrophy split ala Dr. Layne Norton;
    https://anabolicbodies.com/phat-workout/

I have bastardized his format and do power weeks and hypertrophy weeks, working the entire body only once per week.

#5 Do cardio. It aids in recovery and keeps the fat off. Both of which are going to be harder to do as we age.

#6 Choose efficient exercise for your goals and if you're not a competing power lifter don't chase numbers. A good bench is an old school mentality that needs to be dropped. The flat bench is a really good shoulder wrecker and the #1 cause of pec tears.
    A blend of free weights, cables, and machines will accomplish your size and strength goals while reducing chances of injury.

livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Loochi View Post

I remember in my early to mid 20s I looked better than I do now.

I still look good but can't deny that I used to look better.

I too, have lifted consistently and infact, I'm alot stronger !
    I guess just looking back i kinda went downhill when i felt like i was getting fat. Even tho i was pretty jacked and quite strong. So going on these long low calorie diets just messed me up. Strength has plummeted. Id really like that size back but being a bit older and paranoid about every single extra calorie going straight to my abdomen.

Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by livindagym View Post
    I guess just looking back i kinda went downhill when i felt like i was getting fat. Even tho i was pretty jacked and quite strong. So going on these long low calorie diets just messed me up. Strength has plummeted. Id really like that size back but being a bit older and paranoid about every single extra calorie going straight to my abdomen.
    Here is an interesting read if you have the time:
    http://www.strongur.io/age-and-strength/

πŸ…ΎπŸ…ΌπŸ…΄πŸ…ΆπŸ…° πŸ††πŸ…΄πŸ…°πŸ…ΏπŸ…ΎπŸ…½ EjnarKolinkar's Avatar
    EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Loochi View Post
    At 41? No. Forget that weak-sauce nonsense. Piffle.

OP dropped to 168 from 210 and lost 35 pounds and a few reps off a bench. Most 25 year old men have the same experience if they lose that much weight.

I have nothing new for you OP except I'd reread post 3 a few times.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xTeTe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Higher weight, lower reps?

Amateur boxer turned bodybuilder...

Hit me up on Sherdog.. TeTe

Road to 190@15% bf

June 2020 = 185 @20.5% bf
    June 2021 = 183 @18.2% bf