Aly157 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aly157 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aly157 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aly157 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aly157 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aly157 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aly157 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aly157 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aly157 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aly157 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Aly157 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Building home gym, need bench for powerlifting

Hello friends, Vancouver Canada here.

I now have a rack, the fitness reality 810 which I snagged from Walmart.ca for 550.

I now need a good bench for powerlifting. It would be preferable to do incline, but I guess I could use blocks?

Fitness Reality 2000 XL is on amazon for 290 CAD.

This bench seems well made and versatile, but some people say the foot bar gets in the way of the feet during bench press. What do you think?

The benches in my local fitness stores are total trash for 350$.

Also, I have these J hooks that come stock with my 2x2 inch rack that are not well made and am looking to replace them or cover them in uhmw tape.

Any advice appreciated. Cheers
    Powerbuilder. Squat:315, Deadlift 415, Bench 225

Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Vancouver is a big city. I'd look on the used market for a commercial bench. The prices on used equipment is coming back to reasonable.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No 7
    ()---() York Barbell Club #7 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #13 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #9 -!!!---!!!-

In it for the gainz RestoringTally's Avatar
    RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RestoringTally has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Aly157 View Post
    I now need a good bench for powerlifting. It would be preferable to do incline, but I guess I could use blocks?

Fitness Reality 2000 XL is on amazon for 290 CAD.

This bench seems well made and versatile, but some people say the foot bar gets in the way of the feet during bench press. What do you think?

The benches in my local fitness stores are total trash for 350$.

Also, I have these J hooks that come stock with my 2x2 inch rack that are not well made and am looking to replace them or cover them in uhmw tape.
    Don't use blocks to raise a flat bench. Too unstable and likely to result in bad outcomes.

That Fitness Reality 2000 XL is a lightweight, consumer quality bench. I would buy that if all you plan on doing is DB work. I wouldn't bench on it. A good rule of thumb is that if the bench does not need wheels to move it around, it is too lightweight for long-term use.

Check your local used market. I bought all my equipment used and paid much less than the lower quality big store offerings. I would opt for a good adjustable bench that is commercial grade. Even with the high Covid prices, I would opt for a used commercial bench over a new consumer quality bench.

As for the J-hooks, if your rack came with the round pin-hooks, you can buy plastic tubing that fits over the pin portion to protect your bar. You can slit the tubing lengthwise to fit over the pin portion. My rack has that type of bar pins and the tubing works well.

If you have a good quality bar and are lifting way more than 200 lbs, you can buy new J-Hooks.
    O─O York Barbell Crew #53 O─O
    ─█────█─ Ivanko Barbell Crew #63 ─█────█─
    ─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    My goal is to have so much equipment that I don't have room to workout. I am almost there. :)
    ──────────────────────────────────-───────────────────────
    1st Meet Nov 2014 Push-Pull: 225 - 325 @ 194 Masters 59

BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Skidmarx View Post
    Vancouver is a big city. I'd look on the used market for a commercial bench. The prices on used equipment is coming back to reasonable.
    This is the way, it saves crying when it already comes pre-scuffed too.