livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50) livindagym will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Help with forearm tendonitis

How can i cure this? Its in my left forearm towards the biggest part of the brachioradialis. Keeps me from being able to perform hammer curls or reverse ez bar curls or any pronated pulling movement. Ive taken time off from gym and any lift that aggravates it but its not going away. Are there exercises i can do to cure this?

fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fishnbrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Fuark, same srs except right arm.

Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by livindagym View Post
    How can i cure this? Its in my left forearm towards the biggest part of the brachioradialis. Keeps me from being able to perform hammer curls or reverse ez bar curls or any pronated pulling movement. Ive taken time off from gym and any lift that aggravates it but its not going away. Are there exercises i can do to cure this?
    I had the same thing and it was really annoying. I really felt my skin is burning because my muscles was so tense that it was pinching radial nerve.

This technique of massage really helped me : https://youtu.be/NAreVnDumDk?t=515

And I guess the biggest reason of this problem is doing most of the exercises with forearm prontation. This muscle got really building up and got no chance to get stretch unless u do also some supinated exercises like chin ups or under hand grip rows. So once u fix it I advice you to start using supination in compound exercises so your flexors muscles will catch up the imbalance, and brachoradialis will calm down.

Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Most of the time, the cause for injury is bad programming in general (too much intensity, too much frequency, not enough exercise variation, not swapping out exercises after a while, not enough deloads, no active rest periods, etc.)

1. What is your weekly volume for upper body exercises?
    You could be doing too much too soon, or just too much in general
    Here's a guide on weekly volume per body part
    https://renaissanceperiodization.com...e-central-hub/

2. When was the last time you took a deload?
    It could be you need to give your muscles and or connective tissue a chance to repair.
    If you're a novice, you might not need a deload for 8-10 weeks. If you're an intermediate, it's more in the every 4 to 6 weeks range if you're increasing stimulus every week.

Sometimes, the cause for injury is form related, and making adjustments can help take away the pain

3. Are you gripping hard when performing curls?
    Try not doing that. Especially with curls and pulling movements, the harder you grip, the more likely you are to develop forearm tendinitis.
    One easy way to fix this is to use an open palm position (as in literally don't close your hands), or use something like fat gripz. Sometimes you'll see people use globe gripz, those also work very well to stop forearm tendinitis.
    Also, look into versa gripps or straps. Use them for your pulling exercises to take the strain off from hard gripping.

Cheers

P.S.

Here's a good rundown of how to deal with nagging injuries in depth:
    ► Intermediate Bodybuilding Classic Physique ► Renaissance Periodization Programming
    ► https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180349883
    ► Progress Pictures
    ► https://i.ibb.co/r6RKF4p/Progress-Pictures.png

Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It's very important to grip hard, because it create stability from your wrist -> elbow end on shoulder

Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Camarija has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Szyszak View Post
    It's very important to grip hard, because it create stability from your wrist -> elbow end on shoulder
    This is especially terrible advice for two reasons.

1. Try this experiment now. Grip your hand into a fist hard. Notice that you are straining your forearm? You might also find this transfers into elbow strain.

Now recognize the original poster has asserted they have forearm tendinitis.

Your advice to have them grip tightly will only exacerbate forearm/ elbow tendinitis.

It's not just bad advice, it's terrible.

2. Your understanding of biomechanics is flawed. Your wrist to your elbow is literally straight. Nothing you do will change this, unless you literally break your forearm in half.

You don't even need to grip to maintain this straight angle, much less grip hard.

Try this experiment. Use straps on your next pulldown, and literally don't grip your hands. You should realize your line of pull is still straight, except you won't have forearm / elbow strain, instead it will be 100% back involvement.
    ► Intermediate Bodybuilding Classic Physique ► Renaissance Periodization Programming
    ► https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180349883
    ► Progress Pictures
    ► https://i.ibb.co/r6RKF4p/Progress-Pictures.png

Originally Posted by Camarija View Post

1. Try this experiment now. Grip your hand into a fist hard. Notice that you are straining your forearm? You might also find this transfers into elbow strain.

Your advice to have them grip tightly will only exacerbate forearm/ elbow tendinitis.

2. Your understanding of biomechanics is flawed. Your wrist to your elbow is literally straight. Nothing you do will change this, unless you literally break your forearm in half.

You don't even need to grip to maintain this straight angle, much less grip hard.

Try this experiment. Use straps on your next pulldown, and literally don't grip your hands. You should realize your line of pull is still straight, except you won't have forearm / elbow strain, instead it will be 100% back involvement.

No wonder people develop tendinitis if most of the time they use straps and their forearm muscles are underdeveloped.
    By your understanding explain me why people with tendinitis problems always receive rehab programme which focus on strenghtening the tendons by doing eccentric exercises if that suppose to make it worse in your understanding? Tenditis also can a problem caused by too much of one particular position. Let's say you do heavy rows, pullups, deadlift and everything u do at gym u do with forearm pronation. Then u go home, spend 8 hours of working at computer with the same position (pronation) Those muscles got no chance to be actually stretched and relax and dominate causing a lot of problem with elbow and wrist joint.
    Last edited by Szyszak; 11-16-2021 at 04:10 PM.

coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by livindagym View Post
    Are you icing and using anti inflammatory meds?

Don’t grip the bars so tight, use lifting straps.
    "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

Old Guy deadlifting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zMrim-0Dks
    bench press https://youtu.be/GaRzfueJVJQ

Every workout is GAME DAY!

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Camarija View Post

In the context of OP's injury, I certainly agree with you, but from a technical benching standpoint, squeezing the heck out of the bar is the orthodox practice to the best of my knowledge and Szyszak sounds right to me for creating a stable platform. Not sure what ramifications that has for injury development though. I'd imagine if done sensibly, incrementally and with regular deloads as appropriate, it would strengthen the joints and ligaments involved.
    Bench: 350
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Darkius is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I see OP wants to do hammer curls. I think those use some muscle in the forewarms, not just biceps, even if grip is not an issue. Hammer is a bit unique. Supinated is just biceps for the actual lifting.

My advice to OP is do what Dr Mike suggests and cut hammer curls out of your program for a month. Work something else. When you try them again later, go very light and gradually come up. Light means 10% not 50% your usual load. If they still hurt, work something else another month. If they still hurt after that, see a doctor.

Responding to the others:
    I once strained my forearm from 12 rowing sets. It healed in a few weeks though.

My forearms can fail though if I do enough pulling sets, even on light weight I otherwise could do.

I was told that squeezing the bar is how you get a good grip. Not good with strained forearms though. I think it flexes the thumb webbing so it can handle more weight. I've not done it yet though.

As for making a tught fist, I wonder if that help with push-ups on my fist, or if it is unlikely my first will bend either way. I do lots of push-ups on my fist but was recently told not to. If OP is having trouble benching, maybe that is an option.

If the issue is just with pulling exercises, then straps are a work around.
    Last edited by Darkius; 11-25-2021 at 06:09 PM.