Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Class of 1984..................

They, KILLED MY ANIMALS.........................

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by LWW View Post
    They, KILLED MY ANIMALS.........................

You are finally displaying some taste in music

Might be a glimmer of hope for you yet
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post
    You are finally displaying some taste in music

Might be a glimmer of hope for you yet

Silly Pockets I hope you know that Alice Cooper was originally one of Frank Zappas projects. In the late 60s Zappa attended an Alice show and everyone left when Alice started playing, Zappa thought that was interesting and that meant there must be something to Alice Cooper. Alice also auditioned at Zappas house and Frank said he couldn't understand what Alice was doing which interested Frank further so Zappa signed him to the record label.

I like Coopers old stuff up till 1972ish.

Maybe there is hope for you since Cooper was an odity but that was beforethe make up stuff.

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Silly Pockets I hope you know that Alice Cooper was originally one of Frank Zappas projects. In the late 60s Zappa attended an Alice show and everyone left when Alice started playing, Zappa thought that was interesting and that meant there must be something to Alice Cooper. Alice also auditioned at Zappas house and Frank said he couldn't understand what Alice was doing which interested Frank further so Zappa signed him to the record label.

I like Coopers old stuff up till 1972ish.

Maybe there is hope for you since Cooper was an odity but that was beforethe make up stuff.

I only like some Alice Cooper stuff. Can't friggin stand Zappa, his sh!it makes my ears bleed. I like some Edgar Winter and Deep Purple though, does that count?

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

I only like some Alice Cooper stuff. Can't friggin stand Zappa, his sh!it makes my ears bleed. I like some Edgar Winter and Deep Purple though, does that count?
    l only really heard smoke on the water by DP imo its too simple and kiddish kinda like being a teenager and listening to basic rock stuff. As for Zappa he has a long complex list of projects, I have outgrown his guitar hero stuff and my ears have developed on his very early works in which he continued writing variations in various speed tempos and even classical compositions this stuff is for smart listening not for short attention spans.

The original brown shoes dont make it hurts many ears but the arrangements are genius and there are symphony parts thrown in the Zappa conducts in the early days at studio Z very intelligent stuff plus Zappa was a master in editing.

l only really heard smoke on the water by DP imo its too simple and kiddish kinda like being a teenager and listening to basic rock stuff. As for Zappa he has a long complex list of projects, I have outgrown his guitar hero stuff and my ears have developed on his very early works in which he continued writing variations in various speed tempos and even classical compositions this stuff is for smart listening not for short attention spans.

The original brown shoes dont make it hurts many ears but the arrangements are genius and there are symphony parts thrown in the Zappa conducts in the early days at studio Z very intelligent stuff plus Zappa was a master in editing.

Damn son, that's one hell of a man crush you got on Zappa...

I can't stand this guy's music but Gheorghe Zamfir > Frank Zappa

I can't stand this guy's music but Gheorghe Zamfir > Frank Zappa

You are a GD idiot comparing this............

Zamfir is boring basic arrangments.

Zappa's classical stuff is something closer to Edgard Verese, but lets use "don't eat the yellow snow" all your peabrain mind can comprehend in that song is silly lyrics, behind that is complex percussion with other oddities (along with a recorded fart) and the guitar lick is one of the fastest played scales ever played. That guitar lick is a blues scale with quadruple picks and bends is a matter of a second.

I'm glad you don't like Zappa, as I prefer to NOT want to be into "trendy" chit. I hear music, I think you only listen.

It's ok Van Halen didn't like Zappa much either, I don't like much of anything VH did, I'm not gonna say VH can't play music though, he can. Van Halen once said something very stupid about Zappa's guitar playing, it sounded like a typewriter, there were times it did, but Don't Eat the Yellow Snow didn't, I guess he never heard that one? Hard to believe.

Pockets you really don't seem like the big kid/joker you claim to be???????

You are a GD idiot comparing this............

Zamfir is boring basic arrangments.

Zappa's classical stuff is something closer to Edgard Verese, but lets use "don't eat the yellow snow" all your peabrain mind can comprehend in that song is silly lyrics, behind that is complex percussion with other oddities (along with a recorded fart) and the guitar lick is one of the fastest played scales ever played. That guitar lick is a blues scale with quadruple picks and bends is a matter of a second.

I'm glad you don't like Zappa, as I prefer to NOT want to be into "trendy" chit. I hear music, I think you only listen.

It's ok Van Halen didn't like Zappa much either, I don't like much of anything VH did, I'm not gonna say VH can't play music though, he can. Van Halen once said something very stupid about Zappa's guitar playing, it sounded like a typewriter, there were times it did, but Don't Eat the Yellow Snow didn't, I guess he never heard that one? Hard to believe.

Pockets you really don't seem like the big kid/joker you claim to be???????

*arrangements

Rule #1 If you are going to call people idiots and peabrain, don't look like an idiot or peabrain

Your boy Zappa Sucks. I like all kinds of music from the 50's to now, classic rock, rock, Jazz, country, dance music, pop, disco, hip hop, some metal, Techno, trap and a big fan of EDM just to give you an example.

Frank Zappa? = Garbage, sooner have a double root canal than listen to his stuff

*arrangements

Rule #1 If you are going to call people idiots and peabrain, don't look like an idiot or peabrain

Your boy Zappa Sucks. I like all kinds of music from the 50's to now, classic rock, rock, Jazz, country, dance music, pop, disco, hip hop, some metal, Techno, trap and a big fan of EDM just to give you an example.

Frank Zappa? = Garbage, sooner have a double root canal than listen to his stuff
    You like all the trendy sell out stuff which is equal to mass outlet, it wasn't surprising the only tune you know by GD is touch of Grey and its a typical type of song nothing risky about it boring.

BTW Zappa was an innovater of hip hop even back in the 60s his songs had some sort of rap in them.

*arrangements

You like all the trendy sell out stuff which is equal to mass outlet, it wasn't surprising the only tune you know by GD is touch of Grey and its a typical type of song nothing risky about it boring.

BTW Zappa was an innovater of hip hop even back in the 60s his songs had some sort of rap in them. He was also the first to scratch records to make sounds in music.

BTW Zappa was an innovater of hip hop even back in the 60s his songs had some sort of rap in them.

*innovator

Once again you are wrong Dipsh!t, I know many of the Grateful dead songs from the 60's and 70's.

As I mentioned in a previous post "A touch of Grey" has special meaning to me because the first time I heard it I was in the hospital waiting for the birth of my son who was born a couple of minutes after I heard it. Everytime I hear it, it takes me back to those wonderful moments. Great tune

Zappa Still sucks, not music as far as I am concerned

*innovator

Once again you are wrong Dipsh!t, I know many of the Grateful dead songs from the 60's and 70's.

Zappa Still sucks, not music as far as I am concerned

Oh yeah they had a few hits back then like Casey Jones.

But I'm glad you dont like Zappa he didn't write music for people like you and the masses. Honestly if you actually did ever like his stuff I would stop listening to him.

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Wow, there's an opportunity for MT, he waits a month then posts here saying he's discovered Zappa and getting into him big time.
    Oh **** did I just type that out loud?

azzspankr has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) azzspankr has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) azzspankr has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) azzspankr has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) azzspankr has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) azzspankr has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) azzspankr has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) azzspankr has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) azzspankr has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) azzspankr has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) azzspankr has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The original Alice Cooper band with Glen Buxton (lead guitar), Michael Bruce (rhythm guitar, keyboards), Dennis Dunaway (bass guitar), and Neal Smith (drums) was GOAT. Love it to Death and Billion Dollar Babies are some of my favorites.

As far as Zappa, if you don't like his music you're listening to the wrong stuff. That dude was an amazing guitar player. Listen to Black Napkins

Side Note: Steve Vai joined Zappa when he was 20 years old.
    St. Louis Blues Crew
    I cannot suck my entire dong but I can lollipop the head crew
    It might be short but it sure is skinny crew
    RICHSTRONG's personal s*x toy

Honestly if you actually did ever like his stuff I would stop listening to him.
    You are one fuked up lil nugget

That's pretty childish tater, even by your standards..

However, why. Connect those dots for me.

Originally Posted by OldFartTom View Post
    Wow, there's an opportunity for MT, he waits a month then posts here saying he's discovered Zappa and getting into him big time.
    Fuker would lose his sh!t

Originally Posted by azzspankr View Post

As far as Zappa, if you don't like his music you're listening to the wrong stuff. That dude was an amazing guitar player. Listen to Black Napkins

I can't, If I listen to Zappa, Tater tot will jump out the basement window and end it all, have to scrape the little fukker up with a spatula. Can't have that on my conscience.

I'll take you word for it and turn on some Jimi Hendrix, Clapton, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Jimmy Page or Jeff Beck to get my guitar fix. Many to choose from besides Zappa.

azzspankr has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) azzspankr has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) azzspankr has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) azzspankr has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) azzspankr has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) azzspankr has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) azzspankr has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) azzspankr has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) azzspankr has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) azzspankr has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) azzspankr has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I can't, If I listen to Zappa, Tater tot will jump out the basement window and end it all, have to scrape the little fukker up with a spatula. Can't have that on my conscience.

I'll take you word for it and turn on some Jimi Hendrix, Clapton, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Jimmy Page or Jeff Beck to get my guitar fix. Many to choose from besides Zappa.
    PLEASE give this one a try

St. Louis Blues Crew

Ok I did, Not my thing. Thanks though. I heard it before, probably came out mid 70's, I had a roommate that was into Zappa so I got to listen to some of his stuff. Oh Lucky me! It didn't last long though, he knew I didn't like it and would only play it when I was out. He was also into Fleetwood Mac which I could tolerate. So in return I made him listen to stuff like Peter Frampton and Dr Hook lol

Its useless azzspankr, Zappa didn't write music for guys like him.

Looking at the list he had of guitar players I bet he like Slash from G n R.

If the guy likes Cliff Burton (idk if he does) but doesn't like Black Napkins he is just being a tool as Cliff's style like Orion and pulling teeth are like cousins with black napkins. so how bout it pops u like Cliff?

BTW not a Steve Via fan but I did like him in Zappas band. I dont like dweezil Zappa eitgier the styles are totally different.

If the guy likes Cliff Burton (idk if he does) but doesn't like Black Napkins he is just being a tool as Cliff's style like Orion and pulling teeth are like cousins with black napkins. so how bout it pops u like Cliff?

BTW not a Steve Via fan but I did like him in Zappas band. I dont like dweezil Zappa eitgier the styles are totally different.

LMAO... Why does it burn your ass so much that I don't like Zappa's crap?

By people like me do you mean folks that like many genres of music but not Zappa?

BTW weren't you still jumping from nut to nut when Zappa was in his hay day. You were what? 14 when he died? I guess listening to his stuff in your mommies basement must have brainwashed you and narrowed your taste in music. (sad)

I was around when Zappa was in his prime and I can tell you first hand not as many listened to him as you think. You have him on a pedestal that most don't, you need to broaden your music depths tater and stop worrying about what others like or dislike. I will never like Zappa and nothing you can say that will change my mind. Keep trying though, it's funny.

I think if Trump and Zappa were bent over in front of you, you wouldn't know who's ass hole to crawl up first, You got it bad for both.

I actually love Jimi, Clapton, Page, and Beck but I like a lot of others too.

I saw Dweezil a couple years ago but he pretty much only does his dad's stuff so that's cool.
    St. Louis Blues Crew

Bosko has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bosko has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bosko has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bosko has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bosko has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bosko has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bosko has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bosko has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bosko has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bosko has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bosko has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Zappa was so advanced with writing music he basically just toyed with it....you either get it or don't get it...
    Or better yet....like it or hate it...
    Retired...no smartphone....no neighbors......just holes...

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Funny this thread mentions both Zappa and Steve Vai. They are both genius guitarists who (IMHO/ears) utterly failed to understand blues. They can both play something built out of blues scales/progressions and somehow manage to produce something completely non blues

LMAO... Why does it burn your ass so much that I don't like Zappa's crap?

By people like me do you mean folks that like many genres of music but not Zappa?

BTW weren't you still jumping from nut to nut when Zappa was in his hay day. You were what? 14 when he died? I guess listening to his stuff in your mommies basement must have brainwashed you and narrowed your taste in music. (sad)

I was around when Zappa was in his prime and I can tell you first hand not as many listened to him as you think. You have him on a pedestal that most don't, you need to broaden your music depths tater and stop worrying about what others like or dislike. I will never like Zappa and nothing you can say that will change my mind. Keep trying though, it's funny.

I think if Trump and Zappa were bent over in front of you, you wouldn't know who's ass hole to crawl up first, You got it bad for both.

This post is total garbage I dont want you to like Zappa, as I said im glad you dont, but unlike you I try new things unlike this BS your talking about me. I learned how to play a bunch of led zeppelin hendrix clapton on guitar before I was age 18. I didn't start getting into Zappa until about 18. I heard him once at age 14 and didn't understand it but unlike you I try to learn and understand what it is that's the type of audience Zappa wrote for, not short attention span people looking for a great sellout song on first listen. He never tried tfor a big audience and being popular was not his style.

7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    l only really heard smoke on the water by DP imo its too simple and kiddish kinda like being a teenager and listening to basic rock stuff.
    Ahh. There is more to Deep Purple than Smoke on the Water. Live version of Burn is great. Lil’ Davey Coverdale and Glen Hughes good stuff.

To resist despair
    in this world
    is what it is
    to be free

ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChazWood has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by OldFartTom View Post
    haha! Tom, that would have been glorious.

I dig how yur mindworks.

and Zappa sucks ass.

I was around when Zappa was in his prime and I can tell you first hand not as many listened to him as you think.

You really make yourself look stupid here, of not to other stupid guys like Chaz.

OK Mr. Dimwit, when was Zappa's "prime" and WHY do think this? Like was his prime albums, his age, his shows, I'd fuking luv to hear this explanation?

AND what makes you think I think so many liked him????? One thing I liked about him is very few liked him, like I said his music is not for short attention spans or people who are interested in dancing and chit. But many guitar players like "black napkins" even if they don't like everything else.

Originally Posted by 7Seconds View Post
    Ahh. There is more to Deep Purple than Smoke on the Water. Live version of Burn is great. Lil’ Davey Coverdale and Glen Hughes good stuff.

I know there is I will check them out, unlike Pockets I always revisit strange music later on and many times I end up enjoying it.

Originally Posted by Bosko View Post
    Or better yet....like it or hate it...
    Not always true, is fan base is pretty split between the old Mothers and his solo guitar jazz fusion stuff.

It took me many years to like the entire album of "Freak Out" (maybe cause I didn't live in the 60's), and I also owned "Ruben and the Jets" for over 15 years and I finally LOVE that album, the listener should be familiar with Freak Out first before venturing into Ruben and the Jets unless you really like Doo Wop. (Ruben and the Jets is a Zappa/Mothers album from 1968).