View Poll Results: Fat or fit?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fat

2 50.00%
  • Fit

2 50.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    aries4191 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Is my program working? Confused about this.

Hi ! I went on a beach vacation recently and I am starting to wonder if my new workout program is making me look more fit or fat? (I have attached photos)

----
    5"8, 134 lbs, 19.7% Body Fat
    --
    Current program
    - minimal cardio
    - lifting 4-5x a week

Current nutrition
    - 1,700 cal (maintenance)
    - 128 g protein (1-1.5g/lb)
    ----
    Past workout program/nutrition:
    - more cardio (20-30 min 3-4x a week)
    - full body workouts 2x a week

Past weight
    - 128 lbs, more slimmer i think.
    Attached Images
    be positive **

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by aries4191 View Post
    I am starting to wonder if my new workout program is making me look more fit or fat? (I have attached photos)
    I can see some muscle definition in your legs, but you are not fat. It doesn't matter what other people think, it matters how you feel.
    Current rankings

ElKoeh: Sparrow
    TolerntLacoe: Opossum
    Faithbra: Opossum
    SuicidGriMe: Opossum
    MTpockets: Owl
    Air2Fake: Wesel
    Stefo9: Feret
    Camarja: Raccoon
    TearOfIc: Fox
    Mark1T: Black Labrador retriever
    Paulinanas: Coyote
    Sails: Wlf

Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    I can see some muscle definition in your legs, but you are not fat. It doesn't matter what other people think, it matters how you feel.
    That is very sweet of you.
    I came here to ask, because its a placed for fitness enthusiasts, all passionate about physique and living our best life.

Okay I feel 'good' but i feel i could look leaner on my waist and arms.
    I also think I am curious to see what the fitness experts think.
    be positive **

Is my program working?

Anyone else out there lol
    be positive **

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Your body fat is not 19% but that’s not important

How long have you been on your workout routine and diet? Are you saying you gained weight at 1,700 calories a day working out quite a bit and at 5’8?

You don’t need that much protein but it’s totally with in a decent range. If you like it stick with it
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

Originally Posted by snailsrus View Post
    Your body fat is not 19% but that’s not important

How long have you been on your workout routine and diet? Are you saying you gained weight at 1,700 calories a day working out quite a bit and at 5’8?

You don’t need that much protein but it’s totally with in a decent range. If you like it stick with it
    Hi there, do you mean my body fat looks higher than 19%

And I have gained a few lbs, and increased the weight I can lift, since starting the program 4 months ago.

Do you have any suggestions what I can do better? Thank you.
    be positive **

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hi there, do you mean my body fat looks higher than 19%

And I have gained a few lbs, and increased the weight I can lift, since starting the program 4 months ago.

Do you have any suggestions what I can do better? Thank you.
    You didn’t post your routine. Or how much you are lifting and if it’s gone up. So hard to tell you what to improve there

And yes you are higher than 19% that’s fair low for a women

It’s not a bad thing

I would get better at tracking your calories. It’s hard to imagine you are actually gaining weight at 1700 calories a day
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

You didn’t post your routine. Or how much you are lifting and if it’s gone up. So hard to tell you what to improve there

And yes you are higher than 19% that’s fair low for a women

It’s not a bad thing

I would get better at tracking your calories. It’s hard to imagine you are actually gaining weight at 1700 calories a day
    Okay thanks I will post more about it. And it looks like I am looking a little more on the fat side too based on the poll.
    I want to change my workout plan than
    be positive **

I got the 19% based on my Fitbit aria scale
    be positive **

I got the 19% based on my Fitbit aria scale
    those aren’t accurate at all. Again your not 19. Closer to 24-22%

But really it’s not important

You aren’t fat.

If you want to build muscle you’ll probably gain weight

If you’re gaining weight with your current diet, you’re eating more than 1700 calories a day. Either there are cheat days or meals, you missing things like condiments and creamer in coffee, cooking with oils, etc.

If your goal is strength, are your lifts going up? Then it’s working

If your goal is to lose weight you need to eat less and lift to tone
    Last edited by snailsrus; 11-05-2021 at 11:42 PM.
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

those aren’t accurate at all. Again your not 19. Closer to 24-22%

But really it’s not important

You aren’t fat.

If you want to build muscle you’ll probably gain weight

If you’re gaining weight with your current diet, you’re eating more than 1700 calories a day. Either there are cheat days or meals, you missing things like condiments and creamer in coffee, cooking with oils, etc.

If your goal is strength, are your lifts going up? Then it’s working

If your goal is to lose weight you need to eat less and lift to tone
    Thank you snailsrus

So my lifts have been going up. I used a calorie tracker when I started. It was always under (around 1,500) so I will start using it again now to see. I have chronically been a more cardio person and a little thinner frame (zero muscle tone)

My goal is reduce body fat to 17%.
    Around there. I want to continue increasing muscle strength with doing that.
    be positive **

Thank you snailsrus

So my lifts have been going up. I used a calorie tracker when I started. It was always under (around 1,500) so I will start using it again now to see. I have chronically been a more cardio person and a little thinner frame (zero muscle tone)

My goal is reduce body fat to 17%.
    Around there. I want to continue increasing muscle strength with doing that.
    your calorie counting is wrong idk how but you really need to look at that.

That’s fairly low for a female but possible

You don’t have a ton of extra weight, so gaining muscle while losing weight, well it’s probably not going to happen

What are your lifts?

If I was you I would not cut and continue to build muscle. Then when you cut you have muscle to cut down to. Other wise you’ll just be skinner but not have definition
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jaxqen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You don't look fit and you don't look fat.
    You look OK.

Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    I can see some muscle definition in your legs
    I cannot.
    No, not trying to be mean.

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by jaxqen View Post
    I cannot.
    First pic, left leg. You can see the point of insertion of the quadraceps.
    Current rankings

ElKoeh: Sparrow
    TolerntLacoe: Opossum
    Faithbra: Opossum
    SuicidGriMe: Opossum
    MTpockets: Owl
    Air2Fake: Wesel
    Stefo9: Feret
    Camarja: Raccoon
    TearOfIc: Fox
    Mark1T: Black Labrador retriever
    Paulinanas: Coyote
    Sails: Wlf

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It doesn't really matter. Training is about progression. Even a show or meet is not an endpoint unless it's your very last one.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I recommend getting out of a mindset where you're either fit or fat.

Find a calorie surplus that allows you to continue to build muscle with a rate of fat gain you're comfortable with. Then take it from there.

Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    A workout program does not make you look fat or fit.

Nutrition contributes to that.

The caveat being you’re training with sufficient volume and intensity.

But even saying that people make wonderful gains on 1 set to failure.
    Last edited by Filmbuff81; 11-07-2021 at 11:46 AM. Reason: Typos
    the latest and greatest in training...or whatever.

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177744461&page=3

Originally Posted by Filmbuff81 View Post
    A workout program does make you look fat or fit.

Nutrition contributes to that.

The caveat being you’re training with sufficient volume and intensity.

But even saying that people make wonderful gains on 1 set to failure.
    I don’t think any of you are mean & thank you for the honesty
    be positive **