ConcertinaWire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ConcertinaWire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ConcertinaWire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ConcertinaWire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ConcertinaWire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ConcertinaWire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ConcertinaWire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ConcertinaWire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ConcertinaWire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ConcertinaWire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ConcertinaWire is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

What IS Justice?

Yes, I know Plato wrote a whole book trying to figure it out and gave up.

What if there is no Justice? What if it’s just a phony made up word?

Formerly grouchyjarhead GrouchyUSMC's Avatar
    GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GrouchyUSMC has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ConcertinaWire View Post
    Yes, I know Plato wrote a whole book trying to figure it out and gave up.

What if there is no Justice? What if it’s just a phony made up word?
    To flip it on you Aristotle style...

What is injustice?

ConcertinaWire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ConcertinaWire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ConcertinaWire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ConcertinaWire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ConcertinaWire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ConcertinaWire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ConcertinaWire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ConcertinaWire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ConcertinaWire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ConcertinaWire is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ConcertinaWire is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by GrouchyUSMC View Post
    To flip it on you Aristotle style...

What is injustice?
    Aristotle would refer to his concept of man as the ‘rational animal’, the animal that forms concepts from his perceptions. For ex, you’ve seen coffee tables, end tables, and dining room tables. Have you ever seen just TABLE? The answer is no because we created the concept from our perceptions of different tables.

The concept of justice is formed by perceiving just acts in the perceptual realm, unlike Plato’s reference to the Forms up in Heaven. Thus observing the noblest members of society creates our concept of justice. The primary rule would then be (he says) that whoever initiates physical violence is committing an injustice. Force shuts down the reasoning process of the rational animal victim. That is injustice. (Initiating fraud is in there too).

NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    This is deep, man.

I will wait for LWW to chime in. He is the expert philosopher.

All I know is that gubmnint is evil and taxation is theft.

In the year 2021, there IS NO JUSTICE. Why? When you have criminal politicians coming up with random laws out of their butthole to rape the little guys even more, that is NO justice. Only crime.

In order to have true JUSTICE, there must be acceptable LAWS that govern all EQUALLY, without special treatment.

Therefore, to me, the only laws that matter are the Laws of Private Property. Do not steal. Do not kill. Gubmint and politicians are great at both.

There is NO JUSTICE in modern mercah cuz there are so many dang illegal and immoral and unethical laws in the books that put the average American in jail even if there is no violent crime committed or no actual victims.

In order to have TRUE JUSTICE, there must be just laws. And only a true free society can bring that.
    This above all..
    To thine ownself be true..
    And it must follow, as the night the day..
    Thou can'st not then be false to any man..
    -----------------------------------------------
    Bros, my Weightlifters and Powerlifters are my credentials.

LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think Norwich had it right about being free.

I think it’s impossible to look to humanity to serve justice.

What I see today is people using the injustices of people to do injustice against others.......

No one is special and the only justice is justice for treasures.

eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eomrat has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I spent a good portion of my adult life trying to position myself in such a time and place that it would be perfectly appropriate for me to demand, "Throw down your weapons and prepare to be judged".

The fact that I was never able to do so may be one of my life's greatest regrets.
    RWGFY

"I'd rather go down the river with seven studs than with a hundred shytheads"
    - COL Charles Beckwith

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    These days, justice is merely an opinion that some agree with and some don't.

Thanks.
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) lotusdeva is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Am eye for an eye. Keep it simple

steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) steffo99 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by lotusdeva View Post
    Am eye for an eye. Keep it simple
    I always thought this was a good basis as well and even repeated it to some softer family members, but haven't really tried to go deeper and examine it in any way. Retribution just always seemed very appealing, but not sure if it isn't more of an emotional thing or not. Have changed my mind on some other big topics in the past few years so don't quite trust all my "old instincts" as much. But it's my go to for now.

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by eomrat View Post
    ... perfectly appropriate for me to demand, "Throw down your weapons and prepare to be judged"... The fact that I was never able to do so....
    That isn't a new problem (Old Testament) and you shouldn't regret because you weren't able. I'll spare the internet some long waffle about no human is perfect and speck and logs in eyes and all that.

The question should be more like in your heat of hearts... did you give it a really good try and do as well or better that you could have aspired to? It goes back to nobody's perfect but what are we aiming to try to become? Maybe someone will say that's a weak excuse for being imperfect, but perfection is an aspiration not achievable goal.

But that's how humans work. If bodybuilding, or whatever, was a specific goal a person could achieve in say 3 years or something, where'd the fun be in that? If you gave it a damn good try, best you could, then regret nothing, if ever you acted like a dick then regret those times, but you can't regret going against an impossible goal and not quite making it perfect.

champ07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) champ07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) champ07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) champ07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) champ07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) champ07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) champ07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) champ07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) champ07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) champ07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) champ07 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Justice is only accomplished when an individual feels entitled or vindicated. Whatever criteria is in place for this to be accomplished will never be honoured unless above is undertaken. Justice is an individual’s perception of an outcome’s validation.
    True genius is often shown in elegant simplicity .

weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) weiss1967 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    justice is simple thing, actually. Eye-for-eye.

But, things get complicated, because justice (judge, the actual person with wooden mallet) has to accept opposing side's statements as truth. Even if they are diametrically opposing statements. I say "black" and you say "white". And judge, ideally, will have to accept both as truth, because we both sworn on a bible.

But, there is a color scanner, that says it was "white", and judge will rule it like "white", leaving me unhappy. I swear it was "black". So, to me, there was no justice. Goddamn judge, government, there is no justice. Good thing there is an OV35 misc forum, where we can establish whether that table was glass top coffee table, blue velour poker,

or just a table,
    table table,
    not any particular kind

Another complication comes from the sense of entitlement. People generally has trouble accepting that they lost a leg to an accident and there is no one to blame but themselves, and no one owes them money.