Thread: CNS Fatigue

Ironface has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironface has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironface has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironface has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironface has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironface has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironface has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironface has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironface has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironface has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironface has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Exclamation CNS Fatigue

Came across this article today.

https://mennohenselmans.com/cns-fatigue/

Tl;dr “CNS fatigue” from training is a myth

The article claims that the CNS fatigue generated from strength training is so much smaller than what is often postulated in the S&C world that it is virtually nonexistent.

In a nutshell, CNS fatigue is more a result of endurance-esque, low-intensity high-duration training such as distance running. The recovery modulators with strength training are primarily neuromuscular fatigue and metabolic stress. CNS fatigue takes a much more backseat role, and - contrary to popular belief - isn’t impacted more by compound exercises vs isolation. In fact, one study showed leg extensions and bicep curls causing greater CNS fatigue than squats, split squats and push presses in another study. Deadlifts also didn’t seem to induce any greater CNS fatigue than squats when compared with identical set and rep schemes - which seems to dispel the myth that they are so much more taxing in terms of CNS recovery compared to squats.
    *Deadlifts pants after taking a chit crew*
    *Typos can go fucl themselves crew*
    *Nice miscer crew*
    *Loves reps, hates negs crew*
    *Faps before workout crew*
    *12+ hours of sleep crew*
    *Faps during workout crew*
    *Hates onions crew*
    *Faps after workout crew*
    *No fap crew*

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    I believe he is saying that CNS downregulation of rate coding is not the cause of systemic fatigue that builds over time - but he isn't saying that systemic fatigue doesn't exist at all. But most fatigue is just an accumulation from local processes.

TLDR: not saying overtraining doesn't exist, just that it isn't brought on by fatigue of the central/peripheral nervous system

coachcalande is a name known to all. (+5000) coachcalande is a name known to all. (+5000) coachcalande is a name known to all. (+5000) coachcalande is a name known to all. (+5000) coachcalande is a name known to all. (+5000) coachcalande is a name known to all. (+5000) coachcalande is a name known to all. (+5000) coachcalande is a name known to all. (+5000) coachcalande is a name known to all. (+5000) coachcalande is a name known to all. (+5000) coachcalande is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have been really grinding hard - for months- 40-50 sets to failure, 12-20
    Sets per body part…

I take every other day off….

I believe fully that the day of rest both before and after each workout allows me to train at both a higher intensity and at a greater volume at a steady frequency where each muscle is trained every four days.

As an older lifter, after my sessions, I do feel drained and worked…Im certainly not going to go play 2-3 hours of basketball as I would have as a younger man.

Now, if I added deadlift back into the mix, Im certainly thinking that Id need more recovery. My whole body feels deads.
    "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

Old Guy deadlifting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zMrim-0Dks
    bench press https://youtu.be/GaRzfueJVJQ

Every workout is GAME DAY!

EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by coachcalande View Post
    My whole body feels deads.
    I'll add this to my sig if you do.
    Bench: 320
    Squat: 375
    Deadlift: 495

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) EliKoehn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Ironface View Post
    Deadlifts also didn’t seem to induce any greater CNS fatigue than squats when compared with identical set and rep schemes - which seems to dispel the myth that they are so much more taxing in terms of CNS recovery compared to squats.
    I don't know anyone going around saying squats aren't at least close in terms of how taxing they are, but compared to a bunch of fluff, there's no question that the deadlift is far more fatiguing, be that from the CNS or for some other reason.
    Bench: 320
    Squat: 375
    Deadlift: 495

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

Train hard play harder Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    All I know is I have to deadlift the day before a rest day as I'm pretty wiped out. No muscle soreness, just overall drained.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Came here to say it's a myth kek