Thread: reverse hyper

alen129 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alen129 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alen129 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alen129 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alen129 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alen129 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alen129 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alen129 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alen129 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alen129 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alen129 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

reverse hyper

I have bad L4 L5 where sometimes I can't even stand up straight but that pain mostly only comes with standing long on my feet and it goes away with movement. Been reading about reverse hyper and how its good for lower back but never used one. Thinking about Buying one or trying to make something similar but really don't know if its worth it because I'm limited with space and don't know how beneficial would be with my lower back problem. Looking for any advice from anyone that has same lower back problem or has reverse hyper.
    Thank you in advance

BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by alen129 View Post
    I have bad L4 L5 where sometimes I can't even stand up straight but that pain mostly only comes with standing long on my feet and it goes away with movement. Been reading about reverse hyper and how its good for lower back but never used one. Thinking about Buying one or trying to make something similar but really don't know if its worth it because I'm limited with space and don't know how beneficial would be with my lower back problem. Looking for any advice from anyone that has same lower back problem or has reverse hyper.
    Thank you in advance
    Really hard to say if you'll respond well to a RH. They're not easy to find at most gyms, big box gyms likely won't have one. You'll have better luck looking at crossfit, strongman, and power lifting gyms.

Personally I had good results with my RH, but by itself, it was only providing temporary pain relief, for 30-40 min after each use. Regular inversion, and KB swings, along with regular RH use is how I got pain free. But I did feel immediate (albeit temporary) pain relief upon first use.

Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Greybird2 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Look up those lists of back pain rehab exercises. They help a lot. So will core exercises. I would not attempt anything weighted until I had no pain.

alen129 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alen129 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alen129 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alen129 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alen129 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alen129 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alen129 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alen129 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alen129 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alen129 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alen129 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    thank you both for response. yeah I dont remember seeing it at any gym. I did some inversion while had ironmaster bench but couldn't stay long upside-down
    I guess have to make it a point to stretch more (I'm doing it but then get lazy with it), kb swings and maybe ill try to build something to put over safeties on my half rack just to see how movement would feel and how my body would respond to it.

GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GamecockLifter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Before you invest in an RH, read the Gift of Injury by Brian Carrol and Stu McGill.

redpen1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redpen1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redpen1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redpen1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redpen1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redpen1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redpen1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redpen1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redpen1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redpen1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) redpen1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have an injured back and have had varying degrees of back pain for years. I tried all kinds of stretching , exercises, different mattresses etc. I thought about a RH but it made me a bit nervous that I would injure it more. What worked for me was weightlifting, specifically, trap bar deadlifts. I slowly increased weight over 4-6 months. Once I reached a heavy weight, for me at least, my back pain improved dramatically. These were done mostly vertical, not bending over like a traditional deadlift.

I don’t know why this worked. I suspect it is due to my lower back muscles getting strong enough to substantially support/assist my lower spine but I really have no idea.

I avoid any bent over lifts. I do rows but they are lying, bench supported. Also weighted dips and pull ups which may induce a bit of lower back traction.

I’m not recommending TB deadlifts as I think there are many types of back injury/pain, but I know that it changed my life. I still get pain occasionally but nowhere near as I used to. If I let off lifting for a while it does get worse. And losing some weight helped. Good luck.

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Kettlebell swing > reverse hyper

Look in to Dr. Stuart McGill's work.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #53 ▪█─────█▪
    ^^^^^^ 6' 6" and Over Crew ^^^^^^
    The protected need to be protected from the unprotected by forcing the unprotected to use the protection that didn’t protect the protected.
    Part of the control group in the COVID-19 vaccine experiment.

radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You can do a variation of a reverse hyper from a bench to see if they help. I do these and it does seem to make a difference, so I've been considering getting the Rogue Westside Scout. But I've seen kettlebell swings recommended to help the elbow pain I also have, so I think I'll incorporate them before I spend anymore money on equipment.

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thank you in advance
    I just use my Roman Chair for reverse hypers: the hands go where the feet went. I don't think it's the best exercise for back pain, though. IMO, nothing beats deadlifts done properly. I also recommend the unilateral elbow plank.
    Now there are short and simple exercises which tire the body rapidly, and so save our time; and time is something of which we ought to keep strict account. These exercises are running, brandishing weights, and jumping…. Select for practice any one of these, and you will find it plain and easy. But whatever you do, come back soon from body to mind.

Seneca, Moral Epistles

ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ncsuLuke is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If I were you I'd do a consult with the pain and rehab team at Barbell Medicine. They have a great staff that is really at the top of the rehab game and will help you address the issue better than anyone else IMO. I used them for a hip issue I had and it was well worth the cost, I'll never bother with an in person doctor for an injury again.

thanks. Ill definitely look into getting a book tonight.

Ill try for few weeks kettlebell swings and those reverse hyper on bench and stretching and see how it feels. I really don't wanna purchase one because space issues. Looked at westside scout but it just looks to wobbly. I'm around 260 and with weight I don't know how secure I would feel on it.
    thank you I appreciate everyones responses it made my decision to wait with purchase easier.

radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ill try for few weeks kettlebell swings and those reverse hyper on bench and stretching and see how it feels. I really don't wanna purchase one because space issues. Looked at westside scout but it just looks to wobbly. I'm around 260 and with weight I don't know how secure I would feel on it.
    thank you I appreciate everyones responses it made my decision to wait with purchase easier.
    Go easy on the stretching. It's debatable how useful it is. Light stretching that feels good is probably fine, but contorting your body into uncomfortable static positions for extended periods can do more harm than good. Mobility exercises are going to be more beneficial in most cases.