silentkilla92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) silentkilla92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) silentkilla92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) silentkilla92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) silentkilla92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) silentkilla92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) silentkilla92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) silentkilla92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) silentkilla92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) silentkilla92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) silentkilla92 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Recommend a slow release protein

Hi all,

I'm back into training after some time off and looking for a protein powder. I used to use MuscleTech Phase8 but it's not available in Australia any more for some reason.

What I'm looking for:
    - Something that tastes nice when mixed with water (not too strong or sweet though. Phase8 Vanilla was the best I've had)
    - Slow release (casein & whey) so it doesn't go right through you
    - Easy to mix in shaker, doesn't need to go through blender

My goal is to put on weight as I've somehow lost 5kg and looking super thin

Recommend away!

Thanks
    Last edited by silentkilla92; 10-24-2021 at 01:07 AM.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Digestion speed of all foods is strongly influenced by what else you eat at around the same time. If you pad it out with bulky low calorie dense wholefoods, you don't need a special slow digesting powder. All powders are relatively fast to digest on an empty stomach which could be an advantage to kick starting protein synthesis but the tradeoff is that you may feel hungry again sooner.

If you really can't eat a meal at around the same time, perhaps mix the powder with greek yogurt.

Brankov88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brankov88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brankov88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brankov88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brankov88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brankov88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brankov88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brankov88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brankov88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brankov88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Brankov88 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by silentkilla92 View Post
    Hi all,

I'm back into training after some time off and looking for a protein powder. I used to use MuscleTech Phase8 but it's not available in Australia any more for some reason.

What I'm looking for:
    - Something that tastes nice when mixed with water (not too strong or sweet though. Phase8 Vanilla was the best I've had)
    - Slow release (casein & whey) so it doesn't go right through you
    - Easy to mix in shaker, doesn't need to go through blender

My goal is to put on weight as I've somehow lost 5kg and looking super thin

Recommend away!

Thanks
    Do you take the casein slow digestive protein before bed ? I have never tried, only fast isolates for breakfast and after workout.