MasterHer0 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

16 years old, should I bulk up? 146lb 9.3% bf

Hey, I'm 16 year old (male) and I'm
    thinking about bulking up. I currently
    weigh 146 pounds, about 6 ft. tall and
    have about 9.3% (may be more like 15%) body fat. Would this be
    a good idea? If so how much?

I really don’t know what to do, so your help would be much appreciated!
    Attached Images
    Last edited by MasterHer0; 10-21-2021 at 09:10 PM.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Absolutely, you need muscle. Lean bulk for at least a year before even thinking about cutting.

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Absolutely, you need muscle. Lean bulk for at least a year before even thinking about cutting.
    Or even 2+ years.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

MasterHer0 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by xsquid99 View Post
    Or even 2+ years.

Wow! It can take that long to bulk?
    I think I should bulk!

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by MasterHer0 View Post
    Wow! It can take that long to bulk?
    That would only be part of the way towards your maximum muscular potential but enough to make a big difference over where you are now.

The point is that a lot of slim guys just want to keep cutting and end up looking like skeletons - not like the lean mean machine they thought they would look like. Mass gain is the most important part and takes the longest.

Eat enough to gain 2lbs a month on average - no more otherwise you'll probably want to keep stopping to diet.

SKYHIGHFitness is just really nice. (+1000) SKYHIGHFitness is just really nice. (+1000) SKYHIGHFitness is just really nice. (+1000) SKYHIGHFitness is just really nice. (+1000) SKYHIGHFitness is just really nice. (+1000) SKYHIGHFitness is just really nice. (+1000) SKYHIGHFitness is just really nice. (+1000) SKYHIGHFitness is just really nice. (+1000) SKYHIGHFitness is just really nice. (+1000) SKYHIGHFitness is just really nice. (+1000) SKYHIGHFitness is just really nice. (+1000)
    At 16, do exactly what everyone above has suggested. Eat enough to gain a bit of weight each week, best way to do this is making sure you are going to bed full every night. Make sure you are getting your protein in.

None of this will do much though if you aren't on some kind of sound program.
    Dentist
    Bodybuilder
    83 kg USAPL Midwest Regional Champion
    Best Lifts:
    Squat: 525
    Bench: 330
    Dead: 585