MyComic is on a distinguished road. (+10) MyComic is on a distinguished road. (+10) MyComic is on a distinguished road. (+10) MyComic is on a distinguished road. (+10) MyComic is on a distinguished road. (+10) MyComic is on a distinguished road. (+10) MyComic is on a distinguished road. (+10) MyComic is on a distinguished road. (+10) MyComic is on a distinguished road. (+10) MyComic is on a distinguished road. (+10) MyComic is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Are my genetics just that bad?

I’m frustrated because I’ve been lifting for about ten months now and my physique hasn’t changed much. I started out skinny fat. I’m 6’2 and I started at 192 lbs. I had lost 50lbs the prior year before starting to weight train. So at 192 I cut for about 6 months because I’m not very concerned about being jacked, I just want to look fit. I didn’t lose any weight that whole time. I trusted a damn online bmr calculator and must’ve not really been in a caloric deficit, but I also thought maybe I had gained a little muscle too. Idk. Eventually I came across people that said if you build muscle you’ll have an easier time getting and lean, so I did my first bulk. It lasted about 2.5 months and basically I just got fat. I didn’t eat like **** and I tracked my calories. I shot up to about 208-210lbs. I’ve gone up in strength a lot, but looks wise I still have moobs and a gut. I know this is a really slow process, but I’m disappointed that 9-10 months of work and I basically look worse than when I started. I’m cutting now so I should get leaner. It feels like no matter what I’m fat or skinny fat. Idk any advice? I wish I could show you guys pics but I can’t.

I use the cut/bulk plans from Buff Dudes on YouTube. It’s a mix of hypertrophy and strength training. Progressive overload and to failure. Also some push/pull during the bulk program. I played high school football so I know how to push myself in the weight room. I do think maybe my diet is lacking in protein. I was focusing on calories and not very strict about macros, just sort of tried to balance carbs, protein, and fat. Also I did keto for about three months during my cut.

Right now I’m 208 lbs. My body fat percentage is 14.1%. At 192 lbs I was supposedly at 13.5% according to calipers, but obviously these are probably off. I hold very little fat on my legs too.

I appreciate all the info guys!
    Last edited by MyComic; 10-21-2021 at 05:23 PM.

bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bLinkMoore is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Congrats on losing that 50 pounds, first of all--that's significant.

I think honestly the biggest issue right now is your tracking. You cut for 6 months but didn't lose weight, and then switched to a bulk and gained 20 pounds in 2.5 months. Your TDEE is being MASSIVELY overestimated, imo.

Also, stop bouncing around all over the place and looking for shortcuts. That stuff isn't allowed on here so I can't go into detail, but basically what I've gathered is that you spun your wheels for less than a year and want to start experimenting. Everything about that will get you nowhere in the long term.

Read the Stickies, they've got great info for starting out. Based on your avi, I'd recommend maintaining right around where you're at and trying to put on some muscle over the next few months. Get your tracking sorted out, THEN consider cutting down.
    BP: 275
    SQ: 415
    DL: 515
    Bodyweight 170

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Concur with everything Blink said above. Also, you need to edit your post and remove the discussion and any references to gear, that is not allowed on this forum and will get your post deleted.

I don't know what you're expecting, but there is nothing at all wrong with your physique, you look like you're in perfectly good shape with a decent amount of muscle, your profile/avatar photo does not indicate either moobs or a gut like you're claiming. 14% bodyfat is pretty lean so you should have abs or at least a very tight/flat belly if you are really a true 14%. Maybe the problem is you have unrealistic expectations.

If you don't lose weight on a cut, and you put on 20 lbs in 2.5 months on a bulk then you need to fix your tracking. Forget what any online calculator says, if you're gaining more than 1-2 lbs per month on a bulk you are taking in way too many calories, and on a cut if you're not losing about 1% of your bodyweight per week then you are again taking in too many calories. You should be able to complete a cut in 90 days or so if you're eating right, and a bulk should be 6+ months if you do it slow enough. You should never expect to gain very much muscle in just 2.5 months of bulking, building muscle is time consuming and a long drawn out process (think years, not months).
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Train hard play harder Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    The reason for fat gain and no muscle gain is subpar training.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Everyone wants to blame genetics but actually very few people are outliers (by definition). Most of us are average and differences are mostly down to differences in lifestyle and appetite.

At 200lbs it's very hard to be lean anyway - you have probably mis measured BF% and are higher than you think (a very common problem as BF% is very hard to measure accurately). If you cut you'll probably get some definition.