Gainz4BROdin is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Beginner workout for a fat guy

Hey guys. Im looking to work out. But im undecided which routine to do so I am gonna ask for your guidance

My goal is aesthetics but I am not sure wether I should focus on this cause Ive got a good amount of fat/weight to drop (20 kg/44lbs atleast for a healthy weight, alongside the fat% drop alongside it) so not sure to focus on a hypertrophy based routine if that is even possible or something more strength related or balance between those two

Which routine would you recommend me? Should I add cardio? My kcals would be aprox 2.3k my own stats 170cm/5.69f 220lbs/104kg bf aprox 27%
    Used to train but been jumping too much between stuff and need something to be consistent in. So open to any advice you all give me.
    My current lifts

Squats 50kg/110lbs for 12 reps
    Bench 40kg/88lbs for 12 reps
    BB rows 35kg/77lbs for 12 reps
    Ohp 30kg/66lbs for 10 reps
    Deadlifts 70kg/154lbs for 10 reps
    I can work 3 to 4x a week which I think is best maybe? Fb or U/L?

Looking forward hearing from you all, thanks in advance guys

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Most of the exercises you've chosen are fine - but we generally recommend that you do a ready made novice routine like Fierce 5 or All Pros (see the sticky threads). This is because it's not just about exercises, sets and reps, other more important aspects of programming are addressed by these such as loading, progression and fatigue management.

Basically, don't try to roll your own when you can do use a ready made expert designed routine...

And don't overthink the "strength vs. hypertrophy" debate - see the mass vs. size training sticky thread if you need further convincing.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Most of the exercises you've chosen are fine - but we generally recommend that you do a ready made novice routine like Fierce 5 or All Pros (see the sticky threads). This is because it's not just about exercises, sets and reps, other more important aspects of programming are addressed by these such as loading, progression and fatigue management.

Basically, don't try to roll your own when you can do use a ready made expert designed routine...

And don't overthink the "strength vs. hypertrophy" debate - see the mass vs. size training sticky thread if you need further convincing.
    Thanks SP, will look into it now been following Paul Carter who is saying alot of strength vs hypertrophy etc so getting confused in that topic, maybe f5 then, should I do FB or Upper/Lower one?

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I don't think I've ever heard any say they're focused on aesthetics or hypertrophy (vs. strength) in the gym, but you hear it so often here, and usually from people who are just starting out.

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Gainz4BROdin View Post
    I can work 3 to 4x a week which I think is best maybe? Fb or U/L?
    Try them both. Stick with the one you like better, because you are more likely to follow a program scheme you like.
    Current rankings:

EliKoehn: Sparrow
    Steffo: Opossum
    MTpockets: Opossum
    TolerantLactose: Opossum
    Faithbrah: Opossum
    SuicideGripMe: Opossum
    Air2Fakie: Opossum
    Camarija: Raccoon
    TearsOfIce: Fox
    Paulinkansas: Coyote
    Snails: Wolf

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    I don't think I've ever heard any say they're focused on aesthetics or hypertrophy (vs. strength) in the gym, but you hear it so often here, and usually from people who are just starting out.
    Yeah, and I've never seen a "merely" strong person who didn't look like they lifted.
    Bench: 345
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    That's odd, I used to read Paul Carters stuff a while ago and he seemed to recommend basic exercise in sensible rep ranges as improving both strength and muscle size - which is basically the same as what I wrote as being the best of both worlds for novices in the sticky thread I mentioned.

I mightve misread/heard wrong SP. Like I said. Its confusing for me. There is so much info out there its getting confusing at times specially people who lack experience but wanna learn. Your topic is/was a very good read ngl might reread again soon

Thanks will check both routines out and stick to one

Yeah, sorry bout that, Im a noob and didnt know how to word it. New to forums and such

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You’re probably thinking stronger = a better 1RM in whatever exercise. That isn’t the way to look at it. If you took what you lifted last week and used more weight for the same reps, or did more reps with the same weight, you’ve gotten stronger in that movement pattern.

As far as training for aesthetics (I hate that term) you want to increase the reps before you increase the weight. I prefer Allpros for that purpose because people on a cut (which is what I’m assuming you will be doing) can generally add reps before they add weight.

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants"
    -Sir Isaac Newton

coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) coachcalande is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Everyone is different

Thats why there are huge guys that say reps and sets is the way to go….volume training

Others say high intensity with mod heavy weights 6-8 reps beyond insane intensity

Others say “hey one set is all ya need”

Others say “8-13 reps

Blah blah blah, none of makes you smaller
    And weaker and all
    Of it has its place.

For a yuge guy who wants to look better, cutting cals intake down, reorganized macros, increased movement and a sensible and workable newbie level full body plan 2-3 times a week is a logical starting place.

There are many ways to get there…but each has to find his own niche to learn to love the actual process.

I personally have a routine that perfectly balances life and training, avoids the feelings of gym slavery but brings me
    Gainzzzzz.
    "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. "By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."

Old Guy deadlifting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zMrim-0Dks
    bench press https://youtu.be/GaRzfueJVJQ

Every workout is GAME DAY!

RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    Try them both. Stick with the one you like better, because you are more likely to follow a program scheme you like.
    True, though it's worth pointing out that the novice FB routine has faster progression and two-thirds the volume of the UL which is really an intermediate program.