alesxxx is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Sparking Pain On Neck While Doing Military Press

Hey guys, newbie here. I am very new to lifting and been doing it for around 2 months.

One main problem I notice is when I do overhead press after 2-3 reps I feel small electric shock in my neck. It only happens on behind right side of the neck.

It is also the same issue when I do band pull apart. Is this normal? The weight I use are not heavy. If it was not for the shock I can easily do 3-4 more reps.

Any idea what might be the issue here? Any help is appreciated. Thank you

Edit: My age is shown as 51 year old lol. I am 22 year old, might have made some error while registering

Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Please take a video of yourself doing this and post it of possible. My guess is you are jerking your head during the movements.id your form is good then I would stop these exercises and see a sports medicine doctor or orthopedist as a shocking pain indicates you are irritating a nerve somehow and generally messing with nerves in the neck is not a good idea.